Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamination of documents/UK passport for baby

Hi there
    Sorry if this has been posted already. I did a quick search and found nothing.

I am a UK expat resident in Indonesia (8 years now) and happily married to an Indonesian. I had a baby daughter born a few weeks back in Jakarta. This is my third child here. As we usually do, once we got the birth certificate we had it laminated. We do this with all legal docs.

Now, researching new passport requirements, it states that laminated docs are not accepted for UK passport applications in Jakarta/Indonesia. However, we did not have this issue with our last son, born in 2016. Our marriage certificate and both our birth certificates are laminated. As noted, I have used these before to get my last son's UK passport at VFS in Kuningan. No issue at all.

Can anyone tell me how stringent VFS in Kuningan is about this right now? It's a major cost and hassle to have all documents reissued.

Many thanks for any replies.

Originally posted by matthew beech View Post
    (1) ... Can anyone tell me how stringent VFS in Kuningan is about this right now?

(2) It's a major cost and hassle to have all documents reissued.

(1) I don't know .

(2) Maybe you can remove the lamination plastic (search the internet to know how or even these people who do lamination may know how) . In the internet I found that it is possible depend on how it was laminated . If with glue , it cannot .

---------------------------------

https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport (UK passport , online application)

---------------------------------

From https://assets.publishing.service.go...tion-types.pdf

[ .........

Laminated documents

This policy confirms that Laminated Documents should not be accepted in support of a passport application (see two exceptions below).
    IPS regional offices have a very small percentage of applications supported by laminated documents...
    IPS examiners cannot be sure that the laminated documents submitted with an application are genuine.

Major concerns regarding laminated documents are that watermarks cannot be easily distinguished, nor can the quality of the paper be felt, and with naturalisation/registration certificate the security features such as the heat reactive number cannot be utilised.

Laminated documents must not be accepted in support of passport applications, unless in cases covered by the exceptions shown below.

Examiners must request unlaminated versions of the documents submitted.

All birth certificates issued in Singapore are laminated by the Singapore Registry of Births at the time of issue and can therefore be accepted in support of a passport application.

Many documents issued in Malaysia are laminated by the Malaysian National Registration department at the time of issue, including all new birth certificates and can therefore be accepted in support of a passport application.

Birth certificates issued in Oman are laminated on one side at the time of issue and can therefore be accepted in support of a passport application.

......................]

Comment

Thanks. Yep, saw all that yet cannot for the life of me remember what we did three years ago with my middle son, as all our docs were laminated then, too. I assume they made an exception and that it may be a case-by-case basis or even what mood the officer is in at the time. Sad to say.

Comment

Working...
      X