No announcement yet.

Contract renewal: anticipated payment.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract renewal: anticipated payment.

My lease ends on December 1st. The contract has been renewed, it?s signed and all set. I?m supposed to pay for the entire year, in advance, by December 1st, correct? Up to November 30th, the lease is paid.
    But now the landlord wants me to pay before December 1st otherwise he will kick me out! Can he do that? Should I get a lawyer?

You have got to consider the cost of a lawyer and court costs vs the cost of paying a lttle early , unless a yearly division of payments ie monthly etc is in the contract , you should pay the year upfront .

Comment

Originally posted by Luke2019 View Post
      My lease ends on December 1st ... the landlord wants me to pay before December 1st otherwise he will kick me out! Can he do that? Should I get a lawyer?

I guess it is not worth to get a lawyer . You already paid the old contract until Dec 1st , so it is the landlord who will have to hire a lawyer to kick you out before that , isn't it ?

For the new contract , if the landlord wants you to pay , lets say , the next 1st of Nov , you would lose 1 month interest (around 0.5%) . So if the 1 year rent is (for example) Rp200 million , you would lose Rp1 million . I guess no lawyer will take your case and win for just Rp1 million , don't you think so ?
      Last edited by marcus; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
      X