Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining citizenship through marriage

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted here. I want to know the steps in becoming an Indonesian citizen. I have many questions of course, so I will list them with concerns as well. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. I've been here since November 2012 with work kitas yearly, without leaving Indonesia at all, except when I changed jobs early this year. I was issued the exit visa from my last employer, and went immediately to Singapore for the new work kitas, coming back the exact same day. I hope this won't be of any hindrance.?*

2. I got married to an Indonesian woman in March of 2018. Do they hold fast to the 2 years of marriage before applying for citizenship through marriage?

3. I have only ever had a kitas, not a kitap. I have read that it is not necessary to possess a kitap to acquire citizenship, and then I saw some people say yes you do have to have kitap. What is the truth?

4. Some say it is pretty easy to get citizenship through marriage. My bahasa is not good at all. I have always had trouble learning new languages. How good do I have to be?

5. I have to renew my passport by September of 2020. Is there any possibility that I can acquire citizenship before then so I don't have to renew and save that process?

6. How hard is it really to get the SKIM?

7. Finally...which should really be first...What do I do first? How do I start...and where do I go?

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help.

?*
    [COLOR=#0000ff]Ask a question and you are a fool for five minutes. Don't ask a question and remain a fool forever~[/COLOR]

I wrote a whole bunch more but it all got cut off >:-[

ok, it's fixed now.

How is the online process? Is it easier or smooth?
    [COLOR=#0000ff]Ask a question and you are a fool for five minutes. Don't ask a question and remain a fool forever~[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Orionstar813 View Post
      1. I've been here since November 2012 with work kitas ...

2. I got married to an Indonesian woman in March of 2018. Do they hold fast to the 2 years of marriage before applying for citizenship through marriage?

3. ... I have read that it is not necessary to possess a kitap .. and then I saw some people say yes you do have to have kitap. What is the truth?

4. Some say it is pretty easy to get citizenship through marriage. My bahasa is not good at all. I have always had trouble learning new languages. How good do I have to be?

5. I have to renew my passport by September of 2020. Is there any possibility that I can acquire citizenship before then ..?

6. How hard is it really to get the SKIM?

7. Finally...which should really be first...What do I do first? How do I start...and where do I go?

1. You will need 10 years with KITAS .

2. It will be easier but the requirement for time in Indonesia does not change (10 years not continuous or 5 years continuous) .

3. Must be on KITAP (as per post 5 below : except if married with Indonesian) .

4. See examples below .

5. No .

6. & 7. See examples below .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-i-just-did-it (example of how to become Indonesian)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-Nationality (how to become Indonesian)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...753#post276753 (post nos.12/13 , interview for becoming Indonesian)

https://izintinggal-online.imigrasi.go.id/ (Click in FAQ than click in Surat Keterangan Keimigrasian - document for becoming Indonesian , fee & info)
      Last edited by marcus; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Thank you for the information Marcus!

Comment

Originally posted by Orionstar813 View Post
          3. I have only ever had a kitas, not a kitap. I have read that it is not necessary to possess a kitap to acquire citizenship, and then I saw some people say yes you do have to have kitap. What is the truth?

Sorry , my answer above is wrong . For foreigners married with Indonesians , the KITAP is not mandatory .

Comment

Working...
          X