Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work Kitas to Spousal KITAP? Spousal KITAS IMTA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Kitas to Spousal KITAP? Spousal KITAS IMTA?

HI,

I've read all the forums about mixed marriages but I'm still unsure about the best course of action. I've been living and working in Indonesia for the past 8 years on a work KITAS. I'm on my third work KITAS going into my second year of the KITAS.
    I plan to marry an Indonesian next year, and would like to continue working for the first year or two of our marriage. What's my best course of action?
    1. Should I change my work KITAS to a Spousal KITAS and then get an IMTA (is that possible as a foreign wife to work on a spousal KITAS ikut suami?)
    2. Or, should I remain on my Work Kitas? If I stay on my work Kitas, can I convert it immediately into a Spousal KITAP after two years?
    3. Or is it possible to hold two KITAS at one time (spousal and work)? I would really like to convert to a KITAP after two years of marriage.
    Please let me know if anyone has advice or input on this. Thanks!

Originally posted by Mooker88 View Post
    1. Should I change my work KITAS to a Spousal KITAS and then get an IMTA ...

2. Or, should I remain on my Work Kitas?

2a. If I stay on my work Kitas, can I convert it immediately into a Spousal KITAP after two years?

3. Or is it possible to hold two KITAS at one time (spousal and work)? ...

1. So after your marriage you have this additional option . I don't see any advantage if you have already a Work KITAS being done/paid by the employer .

2. It is what I would choose for the first 2 years of the marriage .

2a. Yes . There is a specific document from Immigration detailing this process (Surat Edaran no. IMI-2971-GR.01.13 Tahun 2013) .

3. No , it is not possible .

Comment

Thanks so much this is so helpful. I'll be looking for the document from Immigration.

Comment

Sorry , the Surat Edaran does not give detail of the process but just states that possibility . See attachment .

The process of getting a KITAP from a KITAS is very much known , you just need to start requesting it online : https://izintinggal.imigrasi.go.id/IT-online/ (ITAS/ITAP online) Surat Edaran, part.PNG
        Last edited by marcus; 11-08-19, 23:28.

Comment

This is so helpful thanks so much. I'm still looking for that Surat Edaran and can only find clippings until now. If anyone has the document and would be willing to post it would help. Thanks again, all of this is really really helping me!

Comment

Working...
          X