Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New passport and KITAP stamp on old passport

Hi all,
    My current (US passport) is expiring in May 2020. KITAP is expiring in September 2020. My current MERP is expiring in a few days. I was going to apply for a 6 months MERP and was told by two different agents that KITAP holder can only extend with 1 or 2 year MERP. Okay...illogical in my opinion, but okay....so I decided to renew my passport since i won't be able to travel with the old passport come December 2019 anyway (close to 6 months validity).

Question is.....do I travel with two passports? I've read a while ago...a former member if I'm not mistaken was able to travel with two passport..the old passport with the KITAP stamp and the new passport with the new MERP (I'll apply for one year from August 2019 to August 2020).

OR.....do a 'mutasi'...transfering the KITAP stamp, but I've tried searching for 'biaya mutasi' for the KITAP stamp from the old passport to the new passport...no success. Not sure what's needed to make this happen..and how much it'll cost me.

I've not asked/email immigrasi just yet...figure i'll ask here first.
    Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
    (1) ... and was told by two different agents that KITAP holder can only extend with 1 or 2 year MERP...

(2) ...do I travel with two passports? ... the old passport with the KITAP stamp and the new passport with the new MERP ...

(3) OR.....do a 'mutasi'...transfering the KITAP stamp, but I've tried searching for 'biaya mutasi' for the KITAP stamp from the old passport to the new passport...no success. Not sure what's needed to make this happen..and how much it'll cost me...

(1) When I had KITAP (some 5 year ago) I requested a 6 months Re-entry Permit and a supervisor Immigration officer told me I had to request one for 2 years . Although I argued I rarely travel and a 6 month permit would be enough , he said I had no option other than the 2 years one because my KITAP would expire more than 2 years later .

(2) I heard of few members who traveled with 2 passports , a cancelled old one with KITAS (or KITAP?) + a new valid one . I personally returned to Indonesia in 2017 with 2 passports (cancelled old one with ITAS & Re-entry Permit stamp + new valid one . I would guess the cases were all when returning to Indonesia .

(3) Before 2017 I had heard a member say that his agent did that for him , so after I returned from my country with the new passport (as I told above) and just to be safe I asked my retirement KITAS agent and he told me to do it as soon as possible and not wait few months more when I would not need to carry 2 passports due to the KITAS extension . Because he asked for only Rp400'000 I just agreed (I suppose Immigration does not charge for that) . The passport came with a stamp named "PENGANTIAN PASPOR" with 2 items + Kantor Imigrasi's stamp :
    1. NO ... , Ex Paspor No... , Diberikan di ... , Tgl ... s/d ... ;
    2. KITAS/KITAP NO ... , Tgl... s/d... ;
    City , date , officer's signature over Kantor Imigrasi's stamp .
    Last edited by marcus; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Thanks Marcus...looks like traveling with two passports seem like what people have been doing...if it's safe enough (no unpleasant surprise when going through Indo airport) then I'll just save some money that way..although Rp 400,000 ain't too bad....both of my agents (one I've used before) never confirmed anything about fees...one flat out said they don't do such services..my guess is..no money to be made.

Comment

I guess Immigration will do the "Pengantian Paspor" automatically when you request the Re-entry Permit .

I was afraid of the Law that requires us to tell Immigration of any change in our data (see below) . Although it doesn't specify passport , one could interpret that passport is included . To our side , the Law doesn't state a time limit to tell Immigration and I don't know that in a regulation except that the Petunjuk Pelaksanaan IMI-GR.01.13-3849 Tahun 2016 states 60 days limit for reporting change in civil status (marriage , divorce , birth , and death) .

UU no.6 year 2011
        Article 71
        Each foreigner residing in the Territory of Indonesia shall:
        a. provide all necessary information regarding his/her identity and/or his/her family, and report any changes in civil status, nationality, occupation, sponsor, or a change of address to the local Immigration Office; or
        b...

Article 116
        Each Foreigner who do not perform his/her obligations as stipulated in Article 71 shall be punished with a maximum confinement of 3 (three) months or a fine of up to 25,000,000, 00 (twenty five million rupiah).

Comment

Update: Apparently price has gone up since 2017...agent just told me to do a 'mutasi' (don't know the english word for it) cost rp 700,000..ridiculous but i'm at the mercy of immigration since i had already given my passport. So looks like penggantian passport is not 'automatically' if you don't do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
            Apparently price has gone up since 2017...agent just told me to do a 'mutasi' .. cost rp 700,000..ridiculous but i'm at the mercy of immigration since i had already given my passport. So looks like penggantian passport is not 'automatically' if you don't do it yourself.

Immigration fees did increase last May , but as I said , this service is probably free . This Rp700k is probably your agent's fee only . Did you ask for the MERP too ?

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

Immigration fees did increase last May , but as I said , this service is probably free . This Rp700k is probably your agent's fee only . Did you ask for the MERP too ?
              Yes...for the 1 year Merp it was 2.5jt. Yes I am aware 1jt is the official fee...but did not expect to get milked another 700k for the mutasi. Once I have my ktp orang asing next year I'll be more confident in doing things myself.

Comment

Working...
              X