Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITAP Holder , Indonesian Wife Died

Hello Everyone,

My name is Stephen.  I have been living in Indonesia since 2004 when I married an Indonesian.  During most of that time I have been working as an English teacher at EF in and around Surabaya.
    Sadly on the 8th of July my wife died as a result of complications resulting from diabetes.  I have a ten year old son and I am now officially "retired".
    Now I will need to rebuild my life and try to get to grips with what I need to do next as far as Indonesian  officialdom is concerned.  In the past my wife dealt with all of these things very efficiently.
    I have a 5 year KITAP,  but no money, a limited pension, and no job.
    The future beckons...
    Any thoughts or comments would be welcome.
    Stephen.

Originally posted by edrig1954 View Post
    (A) ...Sadly on the 8th of July my wife died ...

Now I will need to rebuild my life and try to get to grips with what I need to do next ...
    I have a 5 year KITAP, but no money, a limited pension, and no job.

(B) Any thoughts or comments would be welcome.

(A) My condolences .

(B) I hope your KITAP is sponsored by your wife , because if so you can still hold it .

- The first thing to do is to report the death of your wife to your local Kantor Imigrasi , within 60 days after the death . You will have to report your wife's death to Kantor Catatan Sipil too (maybe before doing it at Immigration , if Immigration says so) .

- You will have to propose a new sponsor (I guess Immigration will ask you to find someone from your wife's family to be the sponsor) . Then you will have to submit the sponsor's data and request to be your sponsor (Immigration will inform you which forms and documents you will need) . Be prepared to pay for a new 5 years KITAP .

PP no.31 year 2013
    Article 160
    (1) If the Indonesian spouse dies, the foreign's KITAS or KITAP obtained due to a mixed marriage remains valid.
    (2) ...

-------------------------------------------

UU no.6 , year 2011
    Article 71
    Each foreigner residing in Indonesia shall:
    a. provide all necessary information regarding his/her identity and/or his/her family, and report any changes in civil status, nationality, occupation, sponsor, or a change of address to the local Immigration Office; or
    b...

Article 116
    Each Foreigner who do not perform his/her obligations as stipulated in Article 71 shall be punished with a maximum confinement of 3 (three) months or a fine of up to 25,000,000, 00 (twenty five million rupiah).
    Last edited by marcus; 12-07-19, 23:38.

Comment

Dear Marcus,
      Thank you for the update.  What are the implications of a family member being my sponsor.  None of them are employed,  The other problem is simply paying for the process.  At the moment for various reasons including of course my wifes protracted illness I am living hand to mouth.  I look forward to further comments

Comment

Working...
      X