Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew MERP while you are out Indonesia

Hello everyone  I did read that in the forum

MERP expiring while you're out of the country?

Be aware that If the permit is going to expire while you are out of the country, you may lose your ITAS /ITAP if you don't take action. You would then have to go to an Indonesian embassy to apply for a new visa all over again (not another permit).

We have in the past understood that you cannot apply for an extension to your exit permit from abroad. However, consular offices abroad (in both embassies and consulates) may be able to assist you if you can provide the following, and IF they receive the approval from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta:
    • Passport valid for more than six months from the date of re-entry into Indonesia
    • KITAS/KITAP valid for more than one month past the re-entry date
    • Ticket back to Indonesia
    • Return addressed envelope (to mail your passport back to you)

If at all possible, it would still be advisable to handle the renewal/extension in Indonesia before you leave the country as it would be much easier to accomplish.

My questions.

Is that still valid under the new laws and regulations June 2019?

Because many things has changed recently

What is the right way to ask the immigration to send or give that to me or send it to the embassy? 

Areceive the approval from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta

My last question I ever heard MERP can be done online is that correct and how I do that?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by wanttoknow View Post
    (1) Is that still valid under the new laws and regulations June 2019? Because many things has changed recently

(2) What is the right way to ask the immigration to send or give that to me or send it to the embassy?

(3) My last question I ever heard MERP can be done online is that correct and how I do that?

(1) This subject is not detailed in the Regulations (as far as I know) and this Forum didn't have any case of MERP issued by an Embassy until few weeks when Gemes got one when outside Indonesia (see Gemes' case here : http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...side-indonesia) .

(2) & (3) It seems Gemes' father-in-law went personally at Jakarta's Immigration Directorate General to request the authorization for the Embassy . Although we can already start visa , ITAS , ITAP , and extensions process online , I guess this type of service will not be available online as it is very rare (I guess I saw 3 members in this situation in 10 years) .
    Last edited by marcus; 27-03-20, 14:18.

Comment

Thanks for info about that 

Also I want to know how difficult that can be to ask  Jakarta's Immigration Directorate General or can I use an agent to do so if I am out the country

Comment

Originally posted by wanttoknow View Post
        (a) .. I want to know how difficult that can be ...

(b) or can I use an agent to do so if I am out the country

(a) I guess it is relatively easy (2 visits to Immigration , maybe) .

(b) I am almost sure you can use an agent , but your sponsor needs to sign the request letter .

--------------------------------------------

Usual documents for a MERP :
        - Application form
        - Sponsor's KTP & KK
        - Request letter from sponsor
        - Copy of your passport
        - Copy of your KITAS

---------------------------------------------

Sample of Request letter :

Kepada yth: Bapak Kepala Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi

Perihal: Permohonan untuk Mendapat Perpanjangan Izin Masuk Kembali di Kedutaan Besar di (city)

Dengan hormat,

Saya yang bernama:
        Nama: (Name of your sponsor)
        Tempat/Tgl Lahir: (Place & date of birth of your sponsor)
        Pekerjaan: (Your sponsor's position. "Tidak ada" is acceptable if no work)
        KTP Nomor: (KTP number of your sponsor)
        Alamat: (address of your sponsor)

Memohon kepada Bapak Kepala Kepala Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi untuk dapat memberikan Perpanjangan Izin Masuk Kembali berlaku 6 bulan, kepada ... sah saya pemegang KITAS nomor XXXXX (replace it with the KITAS number that you will find at the back of your KITAS). Adapun datanya sebagai berikut:

Nama: foreigner's name
        Tempat/Tgl Lahir: ...
        Paspor Nomor: ...
        Kebangsaan: ...
        Alamat: ...
        Nomor KITAS:
        Berlaku s/d:
        Sponsor:

Demikian permohonan ini saya buat kiranya mendapat perhatian dari bapak Kepala Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi dan atas kerja sama yang baik saya pemohon mengucapkan banyak terima kasih.

Yang bermohon

Sponsor's signature over a Rp6.000 stamp
        Last edited by marcus; 29-06-19, 12:36.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
          X