Want a Retirement KITAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a Retirement KITAS

Greetings all, I became a new member a few months back but finally participating.
    I am in looking into obtaining a KITAS (retired). I have a few questions.
    Will I have any problems opening a bank account once I have received a KITAS? (to receive transfers from US bank) Or is it a pretty sure thing?
    When applying for the KITAS do I need to show a 12 month lease? I hate to pay for any leases and then the KITAS does not go through
    Thank you
    Mark

Originally posted by Mark-N-Yuliana View Post
    (a) ... Will I have any problems opening a bank account once I have received a KITAS? ...

(a.1) Or is it a pretty sure thing?

(b) When applying for the KITAS do I need to show a 12 month lease?...

(a) No . But few banks may also ask for an Indonesian Tax number , mainly for account in foreign currency .

(a.1) Yes , in general . In rural banks it is even possible to open an account (in Indonesian currency) without the KITAS .

(b) Not at the beginning , but maybe just before getting the KITAS (when it is practically approved) . Anyway , in 20 years in Indonesia I never heard of a denied Retirement KITAS .

Requirements for a Retirement KITAS :
    1. Letter of guarantee from an authorized travel agent;
    2. Legal passport and still valid for at least 18 months;
    3. Proof of monthly income of minimum US$1'500 per month or US$18'000 in bank account or investment;
    4. Health insurance , life insurance , and legal liability insurance to third party (for who will drive a vehicle);
    5. Written statement to live within means of available accommodation while in Indonesia, either obtained by rent, lease, or purchase; and
    6. Statement letter to employ informal workers of Indonesian citizenship.

-----------------------------------

Are you married with an Indonesian ?

Comment

Marcus, thank you for response.

Since I am slightly on the topic of residence I have another question. Is it possible to change properties without redoing the entire visa process such as just notifying the correct government agency of our new address? I have the possibility of renting a property through a friend with the ability of getting out of the lease if we decide to move.

My wife if a a former Indonesian citizen, back about 30 years ago.

Mark

Comment

(i) ... Is it possible to change properties without redoing the entire visa process

(ii) such as just notifying the correct government agency of our new address? ...

(iii) My wife if a a former Indonesian citizen, ...

(i) Yes , you can move as many times you want without affecting the KITAS .

(ii) Yes , you must report the new address to the Immigration office which issued your KITAS .

(iii) Then I suggest you to get a different KITAS instead of the Retirement one . Your wife can get a ex-Indonesian KITAS and you get a "dependent" KITAS (right of one spouse to join the other holding a KITAS) . The procedures are similar , but different sponsorship . This way you get a family sponsorship , with a Retirement KITAS you pay a travel agent to be your sponsor .

Comment

Thank you again for your response.
          A few months back I read an article re the benefits of having an Ex-WNI KITAS. For the life of me now I can not find that article or any others on the same subject. Just to name one, although a poor one, something to the effect that those with this visa get Indonesian vice Foreigner rates when entering certain parks. By chance do you know where I can find such information?
          Mark

Comment

... those with this visa get Indonesian vice Foreigner rates when entering certain parks. By chance do you know where I can find such information?

No , but I think there is no official rule about that , and even if there is , I guess there is a high probability that employees from different parks will not know about such rule .

Besides that , I would guess it is not required to show an identity card to enter a park . If so , a foreigner who looks like an Indonesian will not be charged a fee for foreigners .

I heard about a foreigner who showed his KITAS to argue that he was an Indonesian resident so he should be charged like Indonesians . The foreigner can succeed or not , depending on each park employee .

-------------------------------------

Forgot to say that , there are many ways to deal with this first address for the Retirement KITAS . For the ex-Indonesian and dependent KITAS , there is no requirement for rent contract (do not require insurances too) .
            Last edited by marcus; 23-06-19, 11:52.

Comment

Been to Yogyakarta 2 weeks ago, and to get local prices for tickets in museums I had to show everywhere my KITAP.

Comment

There are various reasons behind the problem for your account opening. You currently become a citizen of the USA. That kind of city is not easy to open the bank account.

Comment

Opening a bank account with a KITAS is possible and the only way I could open an Indonesian account. However, some banks are weary of opening an account for a US citizen because of all the extra paperwork and reporting requirements. It is possible that you may have to check with different banks or branches but it is possible. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                  X