KITAS or KITAP ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITAS or KITAP ?

My wife is Indonesian and I have been working in Jakarta for the last 6 years on a KITAS sponsored by my employer an International company. I will retire in a few months and,as we wish to settle here,I am wondering what the best option is for me regarding my immigration status.  Should I apply for a KITAS or KITAB or just fly to Singapore every 2 months and get a tourist visa....I would welcome any advice on this subject.thanks

Originally posted by willilaw View Post
    ... Should I apply for a KITAS or KITAB ...

(a) If you married more than 2 years ago , you can request a 5 years KITAP (sponsored by your Indonesian wife) without the need to do a sponsor change process (according to Surat Edaran no. IMI-2971-GR.01.13 Tahun 2013) .

(b) If you married less than 2 years ago :

- maybe you can request a sponsor change of your KITAS ; or

- if you cannot do the sponsor change , you will have to cancel your present KITAS and choose other Visa or KITAS , the easiest being the KITAS sponsored by your Indonesian wife .

Note : If you married abroad , the 2 years of marriage mentioned in (a) above may become 2 years after you registered your marriage in Indonesia .

Comment

Thank you for the info Marcus. It is indeed most useful

Comment

You can start a Immigration process 3 months before your present KITAS expires . Be sure your wife already updated her KK/family card & KTP/identity card (with both stating : her as married & the correct address) .

Comment

So based on the responses from this thread, does it mean you can convert a work KITAS into a spousal KITAP after two years of marriage (never transferring to a spousal KITAS)?

Comment

In my experience...I had to switch from work KITAS to parent sponsored KITAS first before switching to (ex-WNI) KITAP...so based on that...you might have to switch from work KITAS to spouse sponsored KITAS first and then from that KITAS you can convert to KITAP. Inefficient...unnecessary time/money wasted but I had to do it. I don't know...it was a few years ago, things may be different now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooker88 View Post
              ... , does it mean you can convert a work KITAS into a spousal KITAP after two years of marriage (never transferring to a spousal KITAS)?
              Yes .

Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
              ... I had to switch from work KITAS to parent sponsored KITAS first before switching to (ex-WNI) KITAP...
              Although similar , your case is not included in the Surat Edaran I mentioned in post no.2 above . Unfortunately that Surat Edaran only allows Work KITAS holders & Investor KITAS holders to do a direct change to KITAP sponsored by Indonesian spouse .
              Last edited by marcus; 11-08-19, 00:18.

Comment

Working...
              X