Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3-month travel - Visa or multi Visa-Exempt entry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-month travel - Visa or multi Visa-Exempt entry?

I am planning to have a trip to Indonesia in May, and unlike the previous ones this will be a long visit. Basically, I am a Turkish citizen, hence I am visa exempt for my stays up to 30 days. In theory, I can enter-exit multiple times, then stay in the country for 3 months. But some countries (like Thailand for instance) restricts amount of visa exempt entries annually (or per 6-month period) up to 2 times.

I couldnt find any details if Indonesia has a similar rule as well. So for my case, it is better if I apply for a multiple entry visa and/or limited stay visa with multiple entry option (http://imigrasi.go.id/index.php/en/p...a#requirements visa 317, but not details if it is a multiple entry visa or not) or I can simply to something like "enter Indonesia -> after 28 days, go to Singapore/Malaysia -> after staying few days get back to Indonesia" one or more times?

Originally posted by denizdurmus View Post
    (1) ... I couldnt find any details if Indonesia has a similar rule ..(2 visas per year) ...

(2) So for my case, it is better if I apply for .. visa 317, but not details if it is a multiple entry visa or not)

(3) or I can simply to something like "enter Indonesia -> after 28 days, go to Singapore/Malaysia -> after staying few days get back to Indonesia" one or more times?

(1) I did read 3 related Regulations (PP no.31 year 2013 , PerMen no.22 year 2015 , and PerPres no.21 year2016) , but also didn't find any limitation on the number of entry per year .

(2) The Limited Stay Visa 317 is an one year visa for foreigners with Indonesian : spouse , mother , father , relative ; or foreigners under 18/unmarried with foreign mother or father residing in Indonesia (holder of KITAS or KITAP) .
    Are you in one of these cases ?

(3) I guess you could do that , but you have better options :
    a) A 60 days Visit Visa for social purpose , extendable for up to 180 days (popularly known as Sosbud Visa) . But it requires an Indonesian sponsorship (somebody you know or an visa agent)

b) A 30 days paid Visa-on-arrival which can be extended once for 30 more days (go to Singapore/Malaysia) + a 30 days visa exempt .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

(1) I did read 3 related Regulations (PP no.31 year 2013 , PerMen no.22 year 2015 , and PerPres no.21 year2016) , but also didn't find any limitation on the number of entry per year .

(2) The Limited Stay Visa 317 is an one year visa for foreigners with Indonesian : spouse , mother , father , relative ; or foreigners under 18/unmarried with foreign mother or father residing in Indonesia (holder of KITAS or KITAP) .
      Are you in one of these cases ?

(3) I guess you could do that , but you have better options :
      a) A 60 days Visit Visa for social purpose , extendable for up to 180 days (popularly known as Sosbud Visa) . But it requires an Indonesian sponsorship (somebody you know or an visa agent)

b) A 30 days paid Visa-on-arrival which can be extended once for 30 more days (go to Singapore/Malaysia) + a 30 days visa exempt .
      Thanks a lot for the details... and sorry for not mentioning the my case in detail.. regarding (2), I am married to an Indonesian, hence Visa 317 covers my case.

for sosbud, I have been considering that option as well, but couldnt find proper details on how sponsorship part could be handled.. the embassy ( ps: I live in Shanghai ) page https://www.kemlu.go.id/shanghai/en/...erjalanan.aspx says nothing about sponsorship other than Chinese company letter (which I assume it is for business purposes? ) while https://www.kemlu.go.id/shanghai/en/...erjalanan.aspx requires sponsor to visit Jakarta office personally (so for this case, my wife has to go to Jakarta, even before I am able to apply for this visa)

Comment

Originally posted by denizdurmus View Post
        (I) ... I am married to an Indonesian, hence Visa 317 covers my case.

(II) for sosbud, I have been considering that option as well, but couldnt find proper details on how sponsorship part could be handled.. the embassy .. page https://www.kemlu.go.id/shanghai/en/...erjalanan.aspx says nothing about sponsorship other than Chinese company letter (which I assume it is for business purposes? )

(III) while https://www.kemlu.go.id/shanghai/en/...erjalanan.aspx requires sponsor to visit Jakarta office personally (so for this case, my wife has to go to Jakarta, even before I am able to apply for this visa)

(I) So this is another option for you , but it is an one year visa which requires a "pre-approval (done online) and after arrival you still need to convert it into a Limited Stay Permit (popularly known as KITAS) , besides being more expensive .

(II) Yes , it is this "Single Entry Visa" , and for you (assuming you are coming to Indonesia to visit your spouse's family) it would be for the purpose of "family visiting" (60 days extendable monthly up to 180 total days) .

The requirement "3. Sponsor letter from Chinese company" is also strange to me (not usual in other countries' Indonesian Embassy) , but I am almost sure that it is not applicable to you . Requirement nos.4 &.5 are also not applicable to you .

But also strange that a sponsor letter from Indonesian sponsor (individual) is not mentioned as this is usually required in other countries' Indonesian Embassy , except in USA (as far as I know) . Usually the sponsor letter + copy of your spouse's KTP + copy of marriage certificate are required . I highly recommend you to present them anyway , because if not maybe they can issue you a "tourism purpose visa" which is for 60 days only (cannot be extended) . As you own spouse can sign this sponsor letter , better prepare it anyway (see sample in the link below) . It normally is to be signed over a Rp6'000 stamp , but maybe they may accept it without the stamp as I assume your spouse is in China with you , right ?

Requirement no.9 must be minimum equivalent to USD1'500 .

(III) That webpage of "Multiple Entries Visa" refers to visas that allows only 60 days for each entry to Indonesia . You could also get it but it is not as appropriate for your plan as the "Single Entry Visa" above . And that information about going personally to the Jakarta's office is outdated [nowadays you do it online - it is a "pre-approval" like the one for the Limited Stay Visa of (I) above] .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...=5217#post5217 (post no.4 , sample of sponsor's letter for a Sosbud)

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

(I) So this is another option for you , but it is an one year visa which requires a "pre-approval (done online) and after arrival you still need to convert it into a Limited Stay Permit (popularly known as KITAS) , besides being more expensive .

(II) Yes , it is this "Single Entry Visa" , and for you (assuming you are coming to Indonesia to visit your spouse's family) it would be for the purpose of "family visiting" (60 days extendable monthly up to 180 total days) .

The requirement "3. Sponsor letter from Chinese company" is also strange to me (not usual in other countries' Indonesian Embassy) , but I am almost sure that it is not applicable to you . Requirement nos.4 &.5 are also not applicable to you .

But also strange that a sponsor letter from Indonesian sponsor (individual) is not mentioned as this is usually required in other countries' Indonesian Embassy , except in USA (as far as I know) . Usually the sponsor letter + copy of your spouse's KTP + copy of marriage certificate are required . I highly recommend you to present them anyway , because if not maybe they can issue you a "tourism purpose visa" which is for 60 days only (cannot be extended) . As you own spouse can sign this sponsor letter , better prepare it anyway (see sample in the link below) . It normally is to be signed over a Rp6'000 stamp , but maybe they may accept it without the stamp as I assume your spouse is in China with you , right ?

Requirement no.9 must be minimum equivalent to USD1'500 .

(III) That webpage of "Multiple Entries Visa" refers to visas that allows only 60 days for each entry to Indonesia . You could also get it but it is not as appropriate for your plan as the "Single Entry Visa" above . And that information about going personally to the Jakarta's office is outdated [nowadays you do it online - it is a "pre-approval" like the one for the Limited Stay Visa of (I) above] .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...=5217#post5217 (post no.4 , sample of sponsor's letter for a Sosbud)

thanks a lot for the details

Comment

Working...
          X