No announcement yet.

parent/guardian visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I even got the custody of my kid, but there is still not a visa for my to stay and take care of my child in indonesia.
    Well, one thing is to write jokowi a letter

Comment

Hi Danny1234,

There isn't a parent KITAS sponsored by the child, As marcus said in post 4 you can "go back to school". Asuming you have your high school degree, write yourself into a not too expensive university, pay the intuition fee and the uang masuk / uang gedung. The university will probably takes care of the KITAS.

I dont know where you live, but in Jogjakarta Universitas Sanata Dharma costs

Uang gedung: Rp 19.000.000 (only at admission for 6 or 7 year which after you will get the title drop out (D.O.) and have to look for another university)
      Intuition fee per semester: Rp 6.000.000, - (Rp 1.000.000/month)

It is cheaper than visa runs every 6 months where you will need plane tickets, hotel, food and a couple of days time. You also don't have to do the extensions every month (which means every 2 weeks 3x a trip to the imigration office).

My kid will study in The Netherlands within 1,5 year. I was planning this for my kid when she returns from her study in Holland and want to come back to Indonesia. I believe a parent can only sponsor a child until he/she is 18 y.o. By the time my kid comes back, she will be 22 or older. At the moment she can get her own KITAP, without me as her sponsorship, but she will forfit her KITAP because she will live more then 1 year outside Indonesia for study.

Comment

Originally posted by OpenSolutions View Post
        ... Uang gedung: Rp 19.000.000 (only at admission for 6 or 7 year which after you will get the title drop out (D.O.) and have to look for another university)
        Intuition fee per semester: Rp 6.000.000, - (Rp 1.000.000/month)

It is cheaper than visa runs every 6 months where you will need plane tickets, hotel, food and a couple of days time ...

I did these visa runs every 175 days (+ extensions fees) in a cheaper way than paying this university fee + the Student Visa/KITAS .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

I did these visa runs every 175 days (+ extensions fees) in a cheaper way than paying this university fee + the Student Visa/KITAS .
          Did you use an agent? I have read somewhere some people used agents. Meeting and giving documents in the morning and getting the sosbud in the late afternoon. Flying back to Indonesia in the evening. Minimal costs. I have never found or used an agent before. If you care to share your agent's contacts, that would be appreciated. If it is alot cheaper than the university route, maybe that is the way to go.

My experiences was a visa run with my kid cost a minimal of $1000,-. Tickets, hotels, food, transport, doing something nice with the kid. It's a four day holiday for us. $1000 bugs every six month is alot. So I always have ears to some information which can cut the expenses.

Comment

(1) Did you use an agent?

(2) If it is alot cheaper than the university route, maybe that is the way to go ...

(1) With and without an agent (for the Visa) . Extensions I always did myself (fortunately I lived near the Immigration offices - nowadays doing part online probably require less visits to Immigration office) .

(2) Maybe not too different in price , but there are other considerations to take in account . For example , not many schools/universities know how to deal with Student Visa/KITAS . Those who know maybe hire an agent who will charge around Rp5 million minimum for the one year KITAS . And if you don't attend the course , the school/university may ask Immigration to cancel the KITAS .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...0822#post60822 (post no.12 , agents in Singapore)

Comment

Thanks for the link. I hope the agents are still active. It has been 9 years aftervthevlist is posted. Well, only way to tell is just to call then.

1. When you're applying your sosbud in Singapore yourself, did you get it in a day? My experiences in The Netherlands, Malaysia and Singapore it takes 3 days for the sosbud to be ready.

2. My wife is a university professor. By networking I pretty know how stuff works at her faculty and university. I also get to know other universities through out whole Indonesia.

Universities which work with foreign universities/students knows about visa requirements and probably have their own department for it.

Universities are passif about telling immigration something. If there is nothing horribly wrong, like you are banned from the university because you set the dean on fire, they won't do a thing with immigration. Pretty safe there.

Comment

... When you're applying your sosbud in Singapore yourself, did you get it in a day? My experiences in The Netherlands, Malaysia and Singapore it takes 3 days ...

In Singapore I always used an agent . I used to do it in Kuala Lumpur without an agent . At the beginning it was in the same day if paying extra , then changed to next day (only official price) . Nowadays they say 4 days .

I never heard of any member getting a same day visa in Singapore without an agent . I guess it is usually 2 days .
                Last edited by marcus; 24-03-19, 11:52.

Comment

Working...
                X