parent/guardian visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parent/guardian visa

I try to get a visa to stay with my children born in indonesia. With the indonesian nationaliteit and also my nationality.
    The mother i indonesian and we are divorced and no KITAP.
    Als i even tri to open a PT (12 juta) en then sponsor myself. Is there a better solution?

below i read if im not mistakes that i can get a kitap if my children are born here?

I read here: https://www.hukumonline.com/klinik/d...itas-dan-kitap

Now i am with a sosial budaya and extention is 2.5 million a month if through an agent, expensive.

Does anyone know what is the best way to get a parenting visa? Is this ever poible?

Izin Tinggal Terbatas (KITAS/ITAS)

ITAS diberikan kepada:[1]
    1. Orang Asing yang masuk Wilayah Indonesia dengan Visa tinggal terbatas;
    2. anak yang pada saat lahir di Wilayah Indonesia ayah dan/atau ibunya pemegang ITAS ;
    3. Orang Asing yang diberikan alih status dari Izin Tinggal kunjungan;
    4. nakhoda, awak kapal, atau tenaga ahli asing di atas kapal laut, alat apung, atau instalasi yang beroperasi di wilayah perairan dan wilayah yurisdiksi Indonesia sesuai dengan ketentuan peraturan perundangundangan;
    5. Orang Asing yang kawin secara sah dengan warga negara Indonesia; atau
    6. anak dari Orang Asing yang kawin secara sah dengan warga negara Indonesia.

If you are older than 55 yrs you can get a retirement visa/KITAS if you are on the list of the aproved countries.

Comment

Unfortunately I am not 55+.
      I am wondering if it is possible to officially request a special purpose visa for Indonesia, without going through all the hassle. The point is get a long term visa to take care of my children only, like a guardian visa as they have in Malaysia.
      My children are small and the mother left them, which is all able to proof in the divorce, which is still going on. otherwise i would need to leave the country every 2 months, rediculous system.

This doesnt make sense what i found on an indonesian embassy website:
      Limited Stay Visa

Limited Stay Visa is granted for visitors who wish to stay for a longer period of time in Indonesia. Limited Stay Visa is required for length of stay of up to 2 (two) years.

Validity of Visa:

Limited Stay Visa shall be used to enter Indonesian territory within 90 (ninety) days since the date of issuance. Stay permit for limited stay visa varies depending on the Indonesian Immigration's approval.

Purposes:
      • Working;
      • Working on ships or installations operating within Indonesian waters;
      • Foreign investment;
      • Commercial art, culture and sports activities;
      • Research and Training;
      • Education;
      • Religious matters;
      • Medical service and treatment;
      • Family reunification (accompanying or joining his/her family members);
      • Repatriation of ex-Indonesian citizen;
      • Retirees (minimum 55 years old);

The bold text, is this just a lie? Is raising my kids NOT joining hi/her family members??

Comment

Originally posted by Danny1234 View Post
        (1) .. i even tri to open a PT (12 juta) en then sponsor myself. Is there a better solution?

(2) ... i read if im not mistakes that i can get a kitap if my children are born here?

(3) Now i am with a sosial budaya and extention is 2.5 million a month if through an agent, expensive.

(4) Does anyone know what is the best way to get a parenting visa? Is this ever poible?

(5) ... I am wondering if it is possible to officially request a special purpose visa for Indonesia, .. The point is get a long term visa to take care of my children ...
        (6) Family reunification (accompanying or joining his/her family members)

(1) The usual Visa for your situation is the one you are using now (Sosbud Visa) . More difficult to do : you can look for an Indonesian language school/university which can sponsor you for an 1 year Student Visa/KITAS .

You could open a PT PMA with others and get a 2 years Investor Visa/KITAS (you must have at least Rp1 billion invested in the PMA) .

(2) You cannot .

(3) I think it is possible to find an agent who charge around Rp800.000 . Or you can do yourself for Rp355'000 . Or you can do with the help of your domestic worker (train he/she to be your agent) .

(4) Not possible (the way you imagine) .

(5) You can ask your Kantor Imigrasi , but there is not such a possibility stated in the Law/Regulations I know .

(6) Available one year Visas/KITAS for "Family Reunification" are Visas sponsored by the mother , father , wife , or husband . One year Visa/KITAS of any type always require a sponsor , and there is no one which a son or a daughter can sponsor the father or mother .
        Last edited by marcus; 18-01-19, 08:58.

Comment

THanks Marcus,

About point 3. I tried to find agents, i called 4 of them and they all asked 2.5 juta. Well could u help me and all other people that have similarproblems to send me the agent's number that want to extent i for around 800.000 ?

Thanks

danny

Comment

I said Rp800'000 based on price posted by Forum members . I don't know any agent charging this price . When I used this Visa long ago , I did everything by myself (more than 50 extensions) , so if you are concerned about price and don't have a domestic worker , other options :
            - ask your Pak/Ibu RT for some body in the neighborhood who can do generic freelancer work , teach the person to become your agent ,
            - ask any poor Indonesian you know , ... (the same as above) .

See below the link where you will find other agents from Jakarta . I think you don't need to have an agent based in your neighborhood . Any agent who are not too far is ok as he/she only needs to meet you at your place to take/delivery your passport (the other time you will meet him/her at Kantor Imigrasi for photo/fingerprint) .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...d-my-blacklist (post no.8 , list of visa agents)
            Note : Agents from Indonesia , you will have to see the ones that are from Jakarta .
            Last edited by marcus; 20-01-19, 12:20.

Comment

You can open also a representative office and work as a Chief representative, get a work permit and stay permit. No need to pay paid in capital then.
              Also, you can extend Sosbud every month up to 6 months, but you have to have an Indonesian citizen as a sponsor.
              Can you take the custody over the children?

Comment

"teach the person to become your agent ,"
                Well reaching them to be an agent, while i not exactly know the requirements?
                I guess anyone can just deliver the documents + passports etc? Is that enough? Then anyone can do this?

What are the requirements?

Thanks

Danny

Comment

(a) ... I guess anyone can just deliver the documents + passports etc? Is that enough?

(b) Then anyone can do this?

(c) What are the requirements?

(a) Of course not .

(b) Anyone who can read and write (and know how to use a computer , if you prefer starting the extension online)

(c) See example in the first link below . There you will find how I did long time ago , but nowadays is not much different . Nowadays you can also make the request online @ https://izintinggal.imigrasi.go.id/I...4FC1247C?tab=1

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...4029#post44029 , (post no.94, Sosbud extensions, how)
                  Note : Departure card , paper photos, .. are not applicable anymore . Forms/folder are normally free now .

https://izintinggal.imigrasi.go.id/I...aq.xhtml?tab=4 (FAQ Izin Tinggal Kunjungan/Sosbud)

Comment

Thanks, but could you be more clear?
                    a) of course not, well i will never be surprised how they work here in Indonesia. SO what needs to be done to become an agent ? Since you are really not clear about this topic. The agent will file in the request right? So like i said what is the difference in just deliver the documents + passports etc?

c) If i get this correctly: If i make a request online, then I will only need to go to the immigration (on the date given) to deliver my passport, photos and signature/fingerprints and after a while pick up my pasport? So 2 times? I have never done thi online and the last time was 8 years ago. Now i heard each extention needs fingerprints and a photo/signature

Comment

Everybody can deliver it under consideration: a) he/she is your sponsor, or b) he is acting under PoA signed by your sponsor (and that is how the agent does). Also, there is a form that has to be filled with basic data of you and the sponsor. You can go as well and assist.

Applications have to be delivered physically with your passport so the online application is not so useful. You will get scheduled a photo/fingerprint session afterward (second coming) and collect the passport (third coming).

Comment

(I) ... Since you are really not clear about this topic... So like i said what is the difference in just deliver the documents + passports etc?

(II) ... If i make a request online, then I will only need to go to the immigration .. to deliver my passport, photos and signature/fingerprints and after a while pick up my pasport? ...

(I) I gave you an example in that link , isn't that clear ? Things may be a little different nowadays , but basically it is to present : 1 letter and 1 form signed by the sponsor , few other forms filled , passport/copies , wait for the request receipt , return there as their demand , wait , take photo/fingerprint , pay , return again , wait .

In another words , it is a very simple bureaucratic and repetitive work . After learning a first time , it is only to repeat that experience for the subsequent extensions .
                        If you get a helper , you two can share the load in many ways . I would suggest you do the online thing , forms filling and sponsor's letter , and leave the rest to the helper .

(II) I don't know because I never did it online , but I guess the online thing is to make it a little simpler or easier for us . For example , before we had to get approval from the Kantor Wilayah (Regional Office) for some of the extensions - I guess that by doing it online you can avoid going to Kantor Wilayah .

Comment

You can WA me at +6285876898647

i can advice you on getting the visa for maximum of 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by ElyasAbdullah View Post
                            You can WA me ... i can advice you on getting the visa ..

You already asked questions/got help in this Forum , (to be fair to the Forum) what about you also contribute with your knowledge telling us (here in the Forum) what you know ?

Comment

A sosial budaya you mean? yeah that is 6 months max, thats not what i mean with guardian visa

Comment

Working...
                              X