Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Consultants

Hi all,
    I have been referred to a tax consultant to help clear up some issues with how an accountant has (incorrectly) prepared my personal taxes for the last couple years and how to get them fixed. I have never used a consultant before and I am a bit overwhelmed with the cost quoted for the consultation.

Has anyone here used the services of a tax consultant before? Would anyone be willing to share approximate costs here or via PM?

Thanks

Originally posted by JustAnotherBule View Post
    ... Has anyone here used the services of a tax consultant before?

Would anyone be willing to share approximate costs here or via PM?

In more than 10 years I never saw any member post about tax consultant costs .

Assuming you are talking about Indonesian tax , from my experience in almost 20 years in Indonesia , I think costs may be very different from one consultant to another . For example , from the few agents I asked , cost of a Retirement Visa/KITAS started from around USD500 up to USD1'200 .

You can check prices with many consultants searching the internet for something like : jasa konsultan pajak di (city) . And you can get better prices if you ask in Indonesian language or ask an Indonesian friend to intermediate your tax questions .

Comment

For the seven years we lived in Jakarta, my brother-in-law did my Indonesian tax return. But I do know that there is a "Tax Consultant" thread on another forum for expats in Indonesia explaining that help may be available at your local tax office I copied the gist of the comment below:

I also checked with a few "Tax Consultant" businesses 4 years ago. They are very expensive. I went to the tax office and asked for help there. Guess what?? They have their own consulting staff and do not charge for the usage. This was in Tanah Abang and Tangerang. One for business and the other for personal tax computation and filing.

The staff were very helpful and assisted in filling out all the forms and determining what taxes I needed to claim/pay.

Comment

Thanks. The quote I got was just over $1000 US with tax from a large firm. I will be near the local tax office next week so I will stop in and ask if they have consulting staff that can help. If not I guess I will shop around and see what everyone else says.

Comment

Originally posted by JustAnotherBule View Post
          ... I will be near the local tax office .. ask if they have consulting staff that can help ...

I thought you had already talked to the Tax office people . Isn't normal in your country to ask questions at the Tax office ? In my country and here in Indonesia I used to go to the Tax office . Here in Bandung I went to 3 different Tax offices (Kantor Pajak) to ask questions about how to fill the Tax Return forms and other questions . Indonesian Government Tax officers , in my view , are very helpful in answering any questions related to tax (you don't need to identify yourself) .

Comment

If you tell us what is your problem , maybe we can help you a little if it is related to individual Tax Return Report . I always did tax reports myself , in my country (for 40 years) and in Indonesia (only few years , my tax number is inactive now - but I know part of the Tax Law) .

Comment

Working...
            X