VOA expired soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOA expired soon

Hi everyone, My husband's entry date was Dec 11 with VOA which nearly expired within few days with return ticket Jan 15. Which one is less time and money consuming, visa extension and pay the overstay or go outside indonesia and come again with new visa (via or free) and stay til the 15th. Can he pay the overstay fee at the airport without extension considering it won't be finished before return ticket on the 15th? ​​​​​​​Thank you

Originally posted by Hayes_Alia View Post
    (1) ... Which one is less time and money consuming, visa extension , pay the overstay , or go outside Indonesia and come again with new visa (visa or free) ..

(2) Can he pay the overstay fee at the airport ...

(1) Less time : pay overstay fine (it was Rp300'000 per overstayed day , I don't know if it is still this value) .
    Less money : extend the Visa-on-arrival . To extend the VOA (official fee : Rp355'000 or starting from Rp750'000 with an agent) . But it must be the paid VOA (USD35) , the free VOA cannot be extended .

(2) Yes .

---------------------------------

PerMen no.27 Tahun 2014
    Pasal 16
    (1) ...
    (2) Permohonan perpanjangan Izin Tinggal Kunjungan sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) dapat diajukan paling cepat 14 (empat belas) hari dan paling lambat pada hari kerja sebelum jangka waktu Izin Tinggal Kunjungan berakhir. / Request for a *Visit Visa/VOA extension must be done starting 14 days before it expires until the day before it expires .

* In reality it is a Stay Permit , but the name Visa is used for easier understanding

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for the info. Can we still extend the VOA at the immigration office as it will be expired within 3 days? I read the processing time will take at least 7 work days

Many thanks

Comment

As I wrote above , you can request the extension of the paid VOA until the day before it expires (or 1 day before the expiry date) .

"Request" means a request that is accepted by the Immigration office/Kantor Imigrasi and the requester get a request receipt/"Tanda Terima Permohonan" with a date to return to the office some few days later . So if the extension process finish after the Visa expires there will be no overstay fine .
        Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

Sounds great! I mixed up with the information from travelling website some people who had gone through the experience that the immigration office claimed that they've should have applied 7 days before VOA was due to expire. And end up to use agent service. Thank you so much!

Comment

Before PerMen no.27 Tahun2014 it was required to request 7 days (or more) before the expiry date .

Comment

Working...
            X