Question about spouse visa and work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about spouse visa and work

Hello, My name is Pawel im 25 years old guy from Poland. I am following this forum for a long time but this is the first time when I decided to register and write something.

In few months I will finish my master's in Indonesia and I would like to find some legal job after that in Indonesia. I like this country and I would like to live here. I know that this is very hard thing for freshgraduate with a little work experience... However I have an Indonesian girlfriend and we plan to get married soon. As far as I know, when someone is married to Indonesian it is allowed to work as a freelancer without special work permit- and here is my question's :

1. Is the freelance job avaliable only on ITAP (5 years) spouse visa or also on the ITAS ( 1 year visa which need to be extended for the second time before apply for ITAS)
    2. As I am living in Indonesia since 2015, is there any posibility to try to apply straight for 5 years ITAP spouse visa? During my stay in Indonesia, I had have ITAS student visa 4 times, while the last two years (on going till august 2018) is the 2 year's uninterrupted stay (after 1st year I extended ITAS inside the country, without EPO).

Thanks for any tips,
    Pawel

Originally posted by chemiq12 View Post
    1. Is the freelance job avaliable only on ITAP (5 years) spouse visa or also on the ITAS ...

2. ... is there any possibility to try to apply straight for 5 years ITAP spouse visa? ...

1. If freelancing is possible , it will be for ITAS & ITAP (sponsored by Indonesian spouse) .

But I warn you , before getting the ITAS , you should confirm that possibility with your local Manpower Department office . This because I have heard that recently Manpower have stated that EVERY foreigner must get a Work Permit to work in Indonesia , in accordance to the Indonesian Manpower Law . If the Law is to be applied in full to your case , you can only work as an employee of a Indonesian based company .

2. No . The only way to get an ITAP is through an ITAS + an Indonesian spouse sponsored ITAP is only possible after 2 years of marriage .

What may be possible in your case is to change from Student ITAS to Indonesian spouse sponsored ITAS (by sponsor change) , and so after 2 years marriage you can get your ITAP .

Comment

now that's more clear for me. Thanks for answer Marcus

Comment

Working...
      X