entering indonesia with empty passport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• entering indonesia with empty passport

we hold two different passport one of them is american passport. no indonesia passport. we currently live in a third country but we use our non american passport for a few years now. the reason is that the american passport require an expensive visa and this one does not. we came from america and used the non american passport so our american passport are completly empty but valid . as you know americans dont get an exit stamp coming out of the usa at immigration. we intend to move to indonesia in near future. we definetly need to use our american passport for that. will there be any problems entering with them without any stamps on them even though we are not coming directly from the usa. will they question where the exit stamp is for the country where we are coming from. we do not want to be forced to us our non american passport in this case. anyone can take a spin and help us on this....wd be appreciated

Originally posted by adama733 View Post
    (1) ... will there be any problems entering with them without any stamps on them even though we are not coming directly from the usa.

(2) will they question where the exit stamp is for the country where we are coming from.

(3) we do not want to be forced to us our non american passport ...

(1) I guess there will be no problem as far as you have an Indonesian Visa in it or request an Indonesian paid or free Visa-on-arrival . In more than 10 years I never saw any problem related to dual citizenship in this Forum . I also made a quick search in the internet and didn't find any related problem .

(2) I think they may or may not ask you that .

(3) I didn't see in the Indonesian Immigration Law or in the Immigration Regulations , anything that would force you to use other passport instead of an American one . Again I never saw any problem related to that yet .

Could you tell us why are you so concerned about your situation ? Maybe if you give us more detail of your concerns , we could check the rules further .

Comment

just checking we dont want surprises esp with children.. i want us to use our american passports all the time as possible. . we only use other passports when there is a visa requirement for americans which can add up to quite of bit of money given i have childen and everyone will need a visa. some countries hv expensive visas for americans evenif its voa but still the cost can add up..

Comment

Originally posted by adama733 View Post
        just checking we dont want surprises esp with children...

Yes , it is always safer to do that (I also become very concerned when traveling abroad , at a point that I become very stressed and so , adding this to other negative factors , I am one of few who hate traveling) .

Just in case , if you tell us the kind of Indonesian Visa you got (or intend to get) and the other country (which issued the other passport) , we can check if there is any limitation in using this other passport to enter Indonesia .

And unfortunately humans make mistakes and so everything can happen when a decision is dependent on just one (or few) immigration officer(s) . Besides that , we have seen in this Forum , cases of officers who ignore (or pretend to ignore) the Law/Regulations .
        Last edited by marcus; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
        X