KITAS nikah to KITAP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITAS nikah to KITAP

Well, i am still married with a local and got a KITAS. We are in a divorce but read i can still convert to KITAP and keep having the KITAP after divorce.

The question is how much time before the expire date of my kitas is needed to start the process of the kitap ?

I dont have much time left since she recently decided to give me the kitap.

Cheers

Originally posted by Danny1234 View Post
    (1) ... i can still convert to KITAP and keep having the KITAP after divorce.

(2) .. how much time before the expire date of my kitas is needed to start the process of the kitap ? ...

(1) If not divorced yet , yes for sure you can convert it into a KITAP . Try online as soon as possible @ https://izintinggal.imigrasi.go.id/I...E6FCF843?tab=1
    Read the general detail @ https://izintinggal.imigrasi.go.id/IT-online/ , and see link below for more details .
    Translate @ Google Translate , if necessary .

But if the marriage has less than 10 years , it may be difficult to keep the KITAP . I tell you that because I was in this situation and although the PP no.31 , year 2013 (see below) states that it was possible , my Kantor Imigrasi did not accept my proposed new sponsor because the sponsor was/is poor .

(2) There is no rule about that (as far as I know) . Some people did the conversion just after getting the KITAS but others were told to apply only 3 months before the KITAS expiry date .

------------------------------------------------------

PP no.31 , year 2013
    Article 162
    (1) For mixed marriage that has lasted 10 (ten) years or more, a KITAP obtained due to a legal marriage with an Indonesian shall remain valid although his/her marriage has ended due to divorce and/or upon court decision.

Article 163
    (1) For mixed marriage that lasts less than 10 (ten) years, the KITAP obtained due to a legal marriage with an Indonesian shall remain valid although his/her marriage has ended due to divorce and/or upon court decision , if the foreigner concerned has a sponsor.
    (2) The new sponsor must be an Indonesian
    (3) The sponsor as contemplated in clause (2) shall be submitted to Immigration Office where its service area covers the residence of the foreigner within the maximum period of 60 (sixty) days as of date of divorce deed is issued.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...as-from-sosbud (online Izin Tinggal Kunjunggan to Izin Tinggal Terbatas)
    Note : Although the above is an example of Sosbud to KITAS , it has some similarities with the process of KITAS to KITAP .
    Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

- Thanks for your message, well on 12 december the KTIAS expires. I am supposed to leave the country tomorrow, but if i register online now does it means that i don't have to leave the country ?
      - Maybe a stupid question, but i heard that the sponsor can be changed after divorce, is it possible to immediately change the sponsor, so i dont have anything to do with my wife?

If i propose the kitap online, do i need my future ex wife?

Thanks for all the information, i appreciate it, if possible

Comment

(I) ... I am supposed to leave the country tomorrow, but if i register online now does it means that i don't have to leave the country ?

(II) Maybe a stupid question, but i heard that the sponsor can be changed after divorce, is it possible to immediately change the sponsor, so i dont have anything to do with my wife?

(III) If i propose the kitap online, do i need my future ex wife?

(I) Depend on your situation :
        - If you got the EPO already , you must leave or pay Rp300'000/per day of overstay fine ;
        - Otherwise you probably(?) have few days to successfully submit your KITAP request , in order to avoid leaving . Remember that you need to have all the required documents in hands now (for example : the SKTT (a kind of ID card from Catatan Sipil) , your wife's updated KK & KTP , ...

(II) Supposing you get the KITAP , the only changing sponsor situation is the one stated in the PP I posted above . With the KITAS , in the past , few people succeeded in changing sponsor but the problems are : to find an eligible sponsor (for example : an employer , an university/language school where you register) , and convince Immigration to do a hard work which they are not allowed to collect a official fee .

(III) Yes , because she is the sponsor (she must provide you her documents , sign 2 letters , be interviewed with you) .

Comment

Well, is I expected, she is changing her mind and not sure anymore, so I cant count on her processing the KITAP. well, funny but she does not want to process the EPO also, which I cant do. I will try to come back with a social budaya visa. hopefully they will give it to me even without en EPO.

Unbelievably unhumane is that there is no visa for parents/guardians to get a visa to stay with the children of 2 and 4.
          Even now the ex wife agreed to give custody since she cant raise the kids.

Comment

(a) ... so I cant count on her processing the KITAP. well, funny but she does not want to process the EPO also, which I cant do.

(b) I will try to come back with a social budaya visa. hopefully they will give it to me even without en EPO.

(c) Unbelievably unhumane is that there is no visa for parents/guardians to get a visa to stay with the children of 2 and 4.

(d) Even now the ex wife agreed to give custody since she cant raise the kids.

(a) You can process everything yourself . She just need to sign 1 or 2 letters and give you the copy of her KK & KTP .

(b) I guess you will not get the Sosbud Visa before your KITAS expires on 12 December , because you cannot have 2 visa/stay permit simultaneously .

(c) I guess this is why they allow keeping the KITAP , which you were eligible after 2 years of marriage . Even without a KITAS or KITAP you can take care of the children with other kinds of visas .

(d) Why ? Are you not providing financial support ?

Comment

Working...
            X