Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - I HAVE 2 PASSPORT (Foreign and Indonesia).!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - I HAVE 2 PASSPORT (Foreign and Indonesia).!

Hello

Originally posted by Renisa01 View Post
    ... I am too scared if I am going back to Jakarta that the immigration officer will find out that I have another passport (Indonesian)?? I REALLY DON'T WANT MY INDONESIAN PASSPORT AND WISH I CAN RETURN THIS TO THEM? BUT NOT SURE...
    What best solution/strategy do I need? I would like to apologize to the Immigration Office for disobeying the rules in the past ...

I don't know what should be the best solution for that .

Just now , what I would do first of all is to go to the Indonesian Embassy in UK and return the Indonesian passport to be canceled (ask any kind of proof that your Indonesian passport was indeed canceled - getting it back with the pages stamped "Canceled" , for example (ask somebody in Jakarta to send it to you in UK) .
    Alternatively one of your relatives could check if he/she could cancel your passport in Indonesia with a "Surat Kuasa" and also get a cancellation proof (alert him/her that you may need him/her to bring the cancellation proof to the airport when you arrive in Jakarta , if needed) .

After that/or in parallel I would normally request the one year ex-Indonesian Limited Stay Visa/KITAS sponsored by one of your parents (or maybe your brother or sister) .

Comment

From which country you other passport is? Why dont you connect with a group of dual nationality in Indonesia, the movement show a good outcome now as we keep on fighting for the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhizkawet View Post
        ... Why dont you connect with a group of dual nationality in Indonesia, ...

I think you mean "a group of ex-Indonesians" , because Renisa01 has not dual citizenship . In Indonesia dual citizenship (Indonesian + any other) is limited to few people not older than 21 years old .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

I think you mean "a group of ex-Indonesians" , because Renisa01 has not dual citizenship . In Indonesia dual citizenship (Indonesian + any other) is limited to few people not older than 21 years old .
          Nope...what I meant really dual citizenship and not for them under 21 only. If renisa do have this...try to connect with https://m.facebook.com/rennydamayanti
          more and more Indonesian now join under here specially those who born in other country since their parents in duty there.

and in case she isnt. ..and she want to travel back home (maybe asylum case since most of those who lied for getting this...some of them who I knew will travel to connecting country then exchange to Indonesian passport when entering Indonesia...you need to buy ticket in the connecting country not direct ticket off course.

but if this also not the case..you just simply want to return your passport...go to embassy and return it. They will give your form that you need to filled up with reason and you done.

Comment

Nope...what I meant really dual citizenship and not for them under 21 only ... and in case she isnt ...

First , as I said , there is no LEGAL dual citizen (Indonesian + any other) older than 21 years old , according to the Indonesian Citizenship Law (UU no.12 , Tahun 2006) . So if there is a group of people older than 21 claiming to have dual citizenship (Indonesian citizenship + another country's citizenship) , you are suggesting Renisa01 to join an illegal group of people in risk of being prosecuted by the Indonesian Government .

Second , if Renisa01 is a legal dual citizen , why she/he is worried of having the Indonesian passport ?

--------------------------------------

UU no.12 , year 2006
            Article 6
            (1). The Indonesian citizenship status of children as determined in Article 4 Items c, d, h, and i, and Article 5 can choose to have dual citizenship . Upon reaching the age of 18 (eighteen) or upon marriage, the child must choose one citizenship.
            (2). The decision to choose one of the citizenships as stipulated in Paragraph (1) shall be made in writing and forwarded to Officials and attach documents as determined by regulations.
            (3). The decision to choose one citizenship as mentioned in Paragraph (2) shall be made within 3 (three) years after the child has reached the age of 18 (eighteen) or the child has married.

UU no.6 , year 2011
            Article 126
            Any person who knowingly:
            a. , b. ...
            c. provide data that are not valid or untrue to obtain an Indonesian passport for himself/herself or others shall be punished by imprisonment of 5 (five) years and a fine of up Rp500.000.000, 00 (five hundred million rupiahs);
            Last edited by marcus; 4 days ago.

Comment

First , as I said , there is no LEGAL dual citizen (Indonesian + any other) older than 21 years old , according to the Indonesian Citizenship Law (UU no.12 , Tahun 2006) . So if there is a group of people older than 21 claiming to have dual citizenship (Indonesian citizenship + another country's citizenship) , you are suggesting Renisa01 to join an illegal group of people in risk of being prosecuted by the Indonesian Government .

Second , if Renisa01 is a legal dual citizen , why she/he is worried of having the Indonesian passport ?

UU no.12 , year 2006
              Article 6
              (1). The Indonesian citizenship status of children as determined in Article 4 Items c, d, h, and i, and Article 5 can choose to have dual citizenship . Upon reaching the age of 18 (eighteen) or upon marriage, the child must choose one citizenship.
              (2). The decision to choose one of the citizenships as stipulated in Paragraph (1) shall be made in writing and forwarded to Officials and attach documents as determined by regulations.
              (3). The decision to choose one citizenship as mentioned in Paragraph (2) shall be made within 3 (three) years after the child has reached the age of 18 (eighteen) or the child has married.

UU no.6 , year 2011
              Article 126
              Any person who knowingly:
              a. , b. ...
              c. provide data that are not valid or untrue to obtain an Indonesian passport for himself/herself or others shall be punished by imprisonment of 5 (five) years and a fine of up Rp500.000.000, 00 (five hundred million rupiahs);
              Hi marcus ....the group I mention is a movement group that fight for the right and been here over 3 years or maybe more, legit and also have some breakthrough...same as those of fight to be able married in Indonesia with 2 different religion. Unfortunely not all people are available with the update unless you really try to find it in your fight for your right, even not all those goverment worker know about those update till your supporting group come to help.

and i dont know why reina have to worry having 2 passport anyway...since if she still have her Indonesia passport but not using it...noone wll know about it. And when the passport expired and havent get renew for a great length...you also lose your citizenship till you fight n pay back to get it. Maybe she just paranoid in strange country without base knowledge ( specially about the law print in her passport) or maybe cause someone give her false information which is common among Indonesian who living aboard illegally...i bet she never actually report her self to KonJen of Indonesia in the new country she now enter to stay, in which Indonesia supposed to do for future need.

Comment

(i) ..the group I mention is a movement group that fight for the right ...

(ii) And when the passport expired and havent get renew for a great length...you also lose your citizenship ...

(i) So you are saying that it is not a group of dual citizens (Indonesian + ..) but instead a group fighting for a revision of the Indonesian Law to allow dual citizenship for cases other than the existing ones , right ?

(ii) It is not exactly that (see item i of Article 23 below) .

UU no.12 , year 2006
                CHAPTER IV
                LOSS OF THE INDONESIAN CITIZENSHIP
                Article 23
                An Indonesian citizen will lose their citizenship due to the following:
                i. Living outside Indonesia for 5 (five) consecutive years for non official purposes, without legal reason and deliberately refuses to declare their intention to remain as Indonesian citizens before the 5 (five) year limit ends, and in each of the next 5 (five) years the said person fails to declare their intention of retaining their citizenship to the Indonesian Representative offices in which the said person’s residence is under their jurisdiction although the said Representative Office has duly informed them in writing, as long as the incumbent does not become stateless because of such negligence.

Comment

[QUOTE=marcus;n855538]

(i) So you are saying that it is not a group of dual citizens (Indonesian + ..) but instead a group fighting for a revision of the Indonesian Law to allow dual citizenship for cases other than the existing ones , right ?

(ii) It is not exactly that (see item i of Article 23 below) .

Exatcly....and they get result and can help too. Most of them already stay in their dual citizenship, last I heard they fighting for another petition ...not sure what is it...I lost my interest since I lost mine many years ago when my parents decide this country should be where I am.

I know in here the law may not annouce througly many update in some matter...and sometimes we found so many black hole to slip in too in many laws made in here.
                  I give you sample about marriage in different religion which is not valid or permitted...well I am married with Moslem man but I am not Moslem and I dont do all the ritual. I just marry in the court (like in USA) which show im legit married in this country and have all paper to carry on. Since this country have to make it religion court marry paper too...then I register mine to what I belong and Him to his...and trust me when we need to change all our document such ID, KK and etc.. the officer age in DaCaPil ( I was living in small island before) argue that our license cant be true etc but we bring all legit paper from main Jakarta and its all legit so they have to just continue renewing our paper.
                  what im saying is try to find some update in many law things now...hopefully its getting better to everyone not only for some need of a group. So...reina passport ...she can return it or just keep it and stash it some where that she doesnt need to remember, unless....whatever reason she need.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jhizkawet;n855541]
                    I know in here the law .. sometimes we found so many black hole to slip in... I give you sample about marriage in different religion which is not valid or permitted...well I am married with Moslem man but I am not Moslem ... I just marry in the court ...

I did not understand . Could you explain it to us with more details ?

From what I understand , in Indonesia you either marry at Kantor Urusan Agama/KUA or at a church with a certificate from Kantor Catatan Sipil . So are you saying you married in Indonesia in Court (Pengadilan Agama or Pengadilan Negeri ?) or you got a Court's decision to marry (in KUA or church/Catatan Sipil) even having a different religion or no religion at all ?

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court :
                    A court is a tribunal, often as a government institution, with the authority to adjudicate legal disputes between parties and carry out the administration of justice in civil, criminal, and administrative matters in accordance with the rule of law.

Comment

undang perkawinan no 1 tahun 1974 pada Pasal 2 ayat (1): Perkawinan adalah sah, apabila dilakukan menurut hukum masing-masing and pasal 57 tentang kawin campur mencakup didalamnya perkawinan beda agama agamanya dan kepercayaannya itu.

most people only base on pasal 2 ayat 1 which they make it well known as one and solid law, and pretends the others chapter was not exist.

also the renew law in 1974 doesnt mentioning the regulation about marriage in between different religion in which making the oldest regulation still valid to (do in which pasal 66 mentioning about the renewing regulation); in which regulation for mixed marriage/kawin
                      campur, Staatsblad 1898 Nomor 158 dalam Pasal 7 ayat (2) dinyatakan :Perbedaan agama, golongan penduduk atau asal usul tidak dapat merupakan halangan pelangsungan perkawinan. Sehingga perkawinan beda agama masih bisa dilakukan di Indonesia. Untuk menguatkannya lagi ada keputusan Mahkamah Agung No. KMA/72/IV/1981 tanggal 20 April 1981 yang juga membuka ruang untuk perkawinan beda agama.

so yeah we marriage to each other without need to convert to the other believe.

Comment

Jhizkawet , you did not answer my question . Let me rewrite it again in a different way :

You said that you married in Court (your own words : "I just marry in the court") . So :

1) Did you marry in Pengadilan Agama or Pengadilan Negeri ?

2) Or did you go to an Indonesian Court (again Pengadilan Agama or Pengadilan Negeri?) to get a judge decision to allow you to marry in Indonesia with you two having different religion , and later you did marry (in Indonesia) at KUA or at a church/Catatan Sipil ?

Comment

Working...
                        X