Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility to get USA visa without official job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility to get USA visa without official job?

Hello good people,
    I need some suggestion,please.
    So, i'm planning to visit my boyfriend next year who live in Chicago, USA. And I have some questions about it which is need your suggestion from your personal experience.
    1. At this moment, i'm working as a cook and housekeeper at private villa, so it's an informal job not like working in company where I can ask for an official employee statement letter, salary slip, tax and health insurance letter. What should I do with that? Is it possible if my boss just give me an employee statement letter which is only mention my job position, the amount of my salary and how long i've already work for him?
    2. How much minimum amount of money I need to have in my bank account?
    3. About 2 years ago, I was applied for schengen visa and it got denied. Will it influence my USA visa approval?
    4. Is a healthy insurance requires too, to get USA visa?
    5. Please, if you have any other suggestions that can make the percentage of my USA visa to be approve, feel free to reply my post.

Thank you very much in advance!

Originally posted by reisye naomi View Post
    Hello good people,
    I need some suggestion,please.
    So, i'm planning to visit my boyfriend next year who live in Chicago, USA. And I have some questions about it which is need your suggestion from your personal experience.
    1. At this moment, i'm working as a cook and housekeeper at private villa, so it's an informal job not like working in company where I can ask for an official employee statement letter, salary slip, tax and health insurance letter. What should I do with that? Is it possible if my boss just give me an employee statement letter which is only mention my job position, the amount of my salary and how long i've already work for him?
    3. About 2 years ago, I was applied for schengen visa and it got denied. Will it influence my USA visa approval?
    5. Please, if you have any other suggestions that can make the percentage of my USA visa to be approve, feel free to reply my post.

Thank you very much in advance!
    Chances are (95%) you will not get a visa. No visas are given for a "boyfriend"

Comment

Originally posted by Saifislam View Post

Chances are (95%) you will not get a visa. No visas are given for a "boyfriend"
      I meant, I will take a tourism USA visa eith him as my sponsor.

Comment

I meant, I will take a tourism USA visa eith him as my sponsor.
        Same applies. If you list him as your sponsor, they will assume you may stay, and the chances increase to 99% you will not get a visa. If you were married that would be a spouse visa and 6 to 24 months depending on where you were married. If you mention the word "boyfriend", you will not get a visa .

Comment

None of my business, but if he were serious he could easily come to indonesia. Never trust a Westerner.

Comment

Same applies. If you list him as your sponsor, they will assume you may stay, and the chances increase to 99% you will not get a visa. If you were married that would be a spouse visa and 6 to 24 months depending on where you were married. If you mention the word "boyfriend", you will not get a visa .
            Aahh.... I see, I guess I have to say to visit a friend then. Thank you for your comment

Comment

None of my business, but if he were serious he could easily come to indonesia. Never trust a Westerner.
              Sorry, I just read this. We're planning to get marry so he needs me to come to him to see his living situation and the city environmental before I decide to get married to him.

Comment

1. At this moment, i'm working as a cook and housekeeper ... What should I do with that? ...

... We're planning to get marry so he needs me to come to him to see his living situation and the city environmental before I decide to get married to him.

1. Your employer can give you an statement , but I guess it would not help you . I think that it is only worth to present a proof of a high income (or a proof of having a property , for example) .

2. As I heard , money enough to buy a house , or less if you do have a house already .

3. No , I guess . I don't believe USA and Europe share visa information .

4. Probably not required . See requirements at https://id.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

5. I suggest you to find another plan because you really has very little chances to get an USA Visa . In this Forum Americans have told us that it is difficult to get a USA Visa even for their Indonesian spouse (so they marry the Indonesians in Indonesia , live some 2 years together in Indonesia , and then the couples are able to go to USA) .

By the other hand , it is really very easy for your boyfriend to get an Indonesian Visa and come to Indonesia to meet you here . You would not see his living situation neither know his city environment but these things are not the most important thinks . In my view , the most important think is to know his personality/character . But be informed that it is very difficult to know a person's personality in a short time (I lived 11 years with my ex-wife and still didn't know her enough) . This is why people are more and more divorcing their husbands/wifes (in some countries around 50% of the marriages end in divorce) .

Note : Be informed that even if you get an USA Visa , you still can be denied entry to USA at their airport's Immigration check . In my country I heard of many of our countrymen/countrywomen returning home without entering USA even after they getting an USA Visa .
                Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

Hi Marcus, thank you for your answers.
                  Hhmmm....for no 1, do you know too how much the minimum salary that might apply? Because I got 4.000.000 rupiah/ month. Is it still not big enough?
                  And for no 5, if I insisted to come with my buying a tour package, will the visa only limited to the days of the tour? Or will get a normal visa, 5 years with multiple entries?

Comment

(a) ... do you know too how much the minimum salary that might apply? Because I got 4.000.000 rupiah/ month. Is it still not big enough?

(b) And for no 5, if I insisted to come with my buying a tour package, will the visa only limited to the days of the tour?

(c) Or will get a normal visa, 5 years with multiple entries?

(a) I don't know but I guess it should be a very good Indonesian salary , which would mean that you would not be too tempted to lose it in favor of a better one in USA .

(b) Sorry but I deleted that option there because when you arrive in USA , you will probably be interviewed by an Immigration officer and probably end up not being allowed to enter USA (losing all the money you spent) .

(c) I don't know how it is now (the last time I got one was in 1997 , 21 years ago) .

My views above are not because I think you want to work in USA , but instead , what I think USA's Immigration will consider .

By the way , I would be less concerned about you if your intention was indeed to work there . Going there to marry somebody who you don't know well is a lot more risky . You should consider not only the risk of returning home without even entering USA but also the risk of being misled/deceived . Even in cases of both normal husband/wife couples , around 45% end in divorce (imagine you having children and divorcing in a foreign country far away from your Indonesian family) .

-----------------------------------------------

From https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...te/1078283001/ , Feb 2018

[ ... About 40% to 50% of married couples in the United States divorce, according to the American Psychological Association ...]

Comment

Working...
                    X