Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Term Visa Options

Hey!

I am from England and currently working in Australia, my girlfriend was born in Jakarta and now lives in Bali and I plan to move in with her in next couple of months.

I don't think I can stay permanently so I was just wondering what the best option is for a long term visa? Also once the visa expires would it be possible to go Singapore and then fly back the next day and get the same visa again?

Also due to problems with her ID she says she wouldn't be able to sponsor me right know until she gets a new one, what other options would I have there in terms of getting another sponsor?

Many thanks!

A social visa sponsored by an agent ,it lasts 6 months , during that period it will require 3 immigration visits by your agent every 2 months .

You would need to come in on a free visa ,sort out your agent and do a visa run to singapore , .

Comment

Originally posted by tel522 View Post
      ... during that period it will require 3 immigration visits by your agent every 2 months ...

Up to 4 monthly visa extensions , Tel522 .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

Up to 4 monthly visa extensions , Tel522 .
        ok things have changed ,it was many years ago when I used a social visa .

Comment

Originally posted by Starman93 View Post
          (1) ... I was just wondering what the best option is for a long term visa?

(2) Also once the visa expires would it be possible to go Singapore and then fly back the next day and get the same visa again?

(3) due to problems with her ID she says she wouldn't be able to sponsor ..., what other options would I have there in terms of getting another sponsor?

(1) So , in addition to the Social Visa mentioned above by Tel522 there are some few others that could be possible :
          - one year Student Visa/KITAS sponsored by an university or language school ,
          - one year Retirement Visa/KITAS (if you are 55 years old or above) sponsored by an authorized agent ,
          - one year (or 5 years?) multiple entry Business Visa sponsored by a business/agent (for staying multiple times for up to 60 days each time) .

(2) Yes , in normal situation .

(3) A Social Visa can be sponsored by any Indonesian with an income source (usually defined in the person's KTP/identity card) , a Balinese known by your girlfriend for example . The sponsor is in theory financially responsible for the foreigner (has to sign a statement saying so) , then better check if the person accepts that (it may seem to be too much responsibility , but in more than 10 years in this Forum I never saw any related problem to the Social Visa sponsor .

http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html (Indonesian Visas/documents)

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

(1) So , in addition to the Social Visa mentioned above by Tel522 there are some few others that could be possible :
            - one year Student Visa/KITAS sponsored by an university or language school ,
            - one year Retirement Visa/KITAS (if you are 55 years old or above) sponsored by an authorized agent ,
            - one year (or 5 years?) multiple entry Business Visa sponsored by a business/agent (for staying multiple times for up to 60 days each time) .

(2) Yes , in normal situation .

(3) A Social Visa can be sponsored by any Indonesian with an income source (usually defined in the person's KTP/identity card) , a Balinese known by your girlfriend for example . The sponsor is in theory financially responsible for the foreigner (has to sign a statement saying so) , then better check if the person accepts that (it may seem to be too much responsibility , but in more than 10 years in this Forum I never saw any related problem to the Social Visa sponsor .

http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html (Indonesian Visas/documents)
            That's great, thanks for your help

Comment

The plan is to fly to Bali next week and just get a visa on arrival to start so I can stay for 2 months. Just wondering do the ask for proof of onward travel as I don't plan to book it just yet?
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Starman93 View Post
                (a) The plan is to fly to Bali next week ..

(b) .. get a visa on arrival to start so I can stay for 2 months.

(c) Just wondering do the ask for proof of onward travel ...

(a) If you still have time , I suggest you to get a (single entry) Visit Visa for tourism (also known as Tourist Visa) . It is similar to the Social Visa , except that it doesn't require a sponsor . It is also for 60 stay days (save you the bureaucracy for extending the Visa-on-arrival - but increase the risk of being asked for the ticket) .

(b) Be informed that you need to ask for the USD35 Visa-on-arrival . The Free Visa-on-arrival cannot be extended .

(c) Theoretically all Indonesian Visas require a ticket out of Indonesia . It may be requested at the Embassy , at the airliner , and/or at arrival . In practice it is not always requested .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...y-ticket/page2 (ticket)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...12650-Question (ticket)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ne-way-flights (ticket)

Comment

Working...
                X