Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPO done after I left Indonesia - VOA possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPO done after I left Indonesia - VOA possible?

Hi All,

To make a long story short, I left Indonesia on a MERP (multiple exit/re-entry permit) due to an emergency in my home country. My employer canceled my KITAS/IMTA after I left. I wasn't in Indonesia long enough to receive a physical KITAS. My MERP was a printout. Since I was not in Indonesia, I could not turn in my passport to get the EPO stamp.

My ex-employer stated that immigration may choose to blacklist me, but they (the employer) did not request anything like that (only requested cancellation of work permit and stay permit).

Can anyone shed any light on the matter for me? I'd like to return to Indonesia in the future for short stays to visit friends and family. In other words, is it possible for me to return on a VOA or am I likely going to be blacklisted? Is there anywhere I can check on for potential immigration status (blacklist or not)? If I am on the list, who can I contact to remove myself from the list?

Thank you in advance for your help.
    -Teacher10101

Originally posted by Teacher101 View Post
    (A) "EPO done after I left Indonesia ..."

(1) ... is it possible for me to return on a VOA or am I likely going to be blacklisted?

(2) Is there anywhere I can check on for potential immigration status (blacklist or not)?

(3) If I am on the list, who can I contact to remove myself from the list? ...

(A) I think not , because the normal procedure for an EPO requires the foreigner's passport .

(1) An Immigration Regulation valid up to 2013 stated one could not enter Indonesia if a KITAS holder had no EPO . The new Regulation has nothing specific about that anymore . If you are lucky , you can return to Indonesia without any problem . What can happen if you situation is detected in the Immigration file is that you will not be allowed to enter (will be kept in the international area of the airport) until your ex-boss is contacted to clear you from any wrongdoing (so I suggest you to get a clearing letter from your ex-employer before coming) . It is not impossible also that an officer will remember only the old rule and deny you from entering Indonesia .

(2) This is usually checked only at the Jakarta's Immigration Directorate . But usually a foreigner is blacklisted only when deported .

(3) Usually you would need an Indonesian sponsor . In this Forum some people complained that Jakarta's visa agents were charging too much for this service (probably meaning that it is a "hard" job) . I also heard of a case where the request to clear the name from the blacklist was denied .
    Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Teacher101 View Post
      Hi All,

To make a long story short, I left Indonesia on a MERP (multiple exit/re-entry permit) due to an emergency in my home country. My employer canceled my KITAS/IMTA after I left. I wasn't in Indonesia long enough to receive a physical KITAS. My MERP was a printout. Since I was not in Indonesia, I could not turn in my passport to get the EPO stamp.

My ex-employer stated that immigration may choose to blacklist me, but they (the employer) did not request anything like that (only requested cancellation of work permit and stay permit).

Can anyone shed any light on the matter for me? I'd like to return to Indonesia in the future for short stays to visit friends and family. In other words, is it possible for me to return on a VOA or am I likely going to be blacklisted? Is there anywhere I can check on for potential immigration status (blacklist or not)? If I am on the list, who can I contact to remove myself from the list?

Thank you in advance for your help.
      -Teacher10101
      i think i can help you to find ur name is in black list or not .. i have a good contact in Dirjen Imigrasi to check

Comment

Working...
      X