Experience in applying for KITAP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience in applying for KITAP

Assalam alaikum/hello. I am a first time poster here on the forum. My name is Shaheed/Dale and I am American and Australian. I reside in Batu, East Java but use Bekasi as my point for immigration since is easier to keep wifes ID address at her fathers house. I wanted to share my experience in changing from a spouse KITAS to a spouse KITAP. I only completed the process last week. First of all I had zero complications in applying. Immigration was nothing but friendly and helpful. The entire process took 7 weeks but this was due to immigration being backed up due to Hajj season. Seems like a valid excuse to me. They said it should of taken between 8 days to 3 weeks. I used Kota Bekasi immigration. I was never once asked for anything extra or for any bribes. The only part that was frustrating was having to go to the head Kanwil for Jawa Barat which is in Bandung. In hindsight it was a nice day trip. Besides that I only went to the Kota Bekasi immigration maybe 4 or 5 times. Each time was to pick up the completed paperwork. In the end they thanked me and gave me some candy.

Dirjen in Jakarta was prompt as well as the Kanwil in Bandung. Dirjen took 7 days and Kanwil 1 day. It seemed like the Immigration in Kota Bekasi was a little swamped with work applications from the Japanese, Korean and Chinese applicants.

One tip I can recommend to skip lines is to have a small baby with you. They will normally serve you first. If the baby looks like a foreigner just head to the nearest female officer and say hi. Let her say hi to the baby and she will serve you right away. Lol

Be informed that Indonesia Law (see below) is very strict about foreigner's address/data . If you intend to stay in Batu , I suggest you to get documents from Batu/transfer your Immigration file from Bekasi to Batu .

UU no.6 , year 2011
    Article 71
    Each foreigner residing in Indonesia shall:
    a. provide all necessary information regarding the identity and / or their families, and report any changes in civil status, nationality, occupation, sponsor, or a change of address to the local Immigration Office; or
    b. ...

Article 116
    Each foreigner who does not perform his/her obligations as stipulated in Article 71 shall be punished with a maximum confinement of 3 (three) months or a fine of up to 25,000,000, 00 (twenty five million rupiah).

Comment

Bekasi immigration said that because I can not be added to my wifes Kartu Keluarga this was not a problem. They said since I can not be added, she has to stay on her fathers KK and my address has to be the same as on her documents. They said this over 6 months ago. Can a foreigner with KITAP have KK? If so probably best to get one and change the address. Thank you for the information Marcus.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaheed Griffin View Post
        (1) Bekasi immigration said that because I can not be added to my wifes Kartu Keluarga this was not a problem.

(2) They said since I can not be added, she has to stay on her fathers KK and my address has to be the same as on her documents ...

(3) Can a foreigner with KITAP have KK? ...

(1) In some cities it is true that a foreigner cannot be added to the Indonesian spouse's Kartu Keluarga (KK) . But this KK characteristic causes no problem to us foreigners .

(2) Not true , as far as I know (and this is the first time I hear that in 10 years of the Forum) . KK is issued by each city , so the rule may differ a little depending on each city , but as I understand , when an Indonesian marries and move out of the parent's house , she/he can have her/his own KK . This is what happened with my ex-wife's KK . When we married and she went out of her parent's home , she made her own KK , she alone as I was not allowed to be on it (her KK then was used for getting her new KTP and for me to get my KITAS and KITAP) .

(3) Yes . Holders of KITAP is required by Law to get KK Orang Asing & KTP Orang Asing (in my city , my ex-wife had her KK/KTP (without my name on them) and I had my own KK-OA/KTP-OA (without my ex-wife's name on them) , and of course , all 4 documents with the same address .

Note : Besides the KK-OA/KTP-OA for KITAP holders , the Civil Registration Law also requires KITAS holders to get a SKTT (Temporary Residency Card) . Although required , these documents are so unknown by Indonesians that almost nobody request them and most foreigners also don't get them unless foreigners just want to comply with the Law and/or want to buy a car/motorcycle in their own name . Lately some Immigration offices are asking for the SKTT/KTP-OA as the substitute of the "Surat Domisili" .

Comment

I talked to my wife about this last night. She said that now as a KITAP holder we can get a KK with me as the head of the household. Before KITAP she asked about KK and they said she is not allowed to be on her own so that is why we didn't get one. She also said the office that makes SKTT said it is fine if we did it later since immigration gave us a card for my KITAP. So I guess we are planning on changing the address next time we visit Bekasi. Apparently immigration and other local offices all said it is ok to delay updating things for up to 6 months. One thing that annoys me about Indonesia is I will get different information than the next guy. Some offices are willing to delay and give you easy time and others are not. I wish there was more uniformity. Seems to be getting better though.

I had a SKTT with KITAS. They said just obtain a new one next time I visit.

Comment

(a) ... now as a KITAP holder we can get a KK with me as the head of the household.

(b) Before KITAP she asked about KK and they said she is not allowed to be on her own so that is why we didn't get one.

(c) She also said the office that makes SKTT said it is fine if we did it later since immigration gave us a card for my KITAP.

(d) So I guess we are planning on changing the address next time we visit Bekasi.

(e) Apparently immigration and other local offices all said it is ok to delay updating things for up to 6 months.

(f) One thing that annoys me about Indonesia is I will get different information than the next guy...I wish there was more uniformity...

(a) In my view it is not important if you get just one KK for you all or 2 KK as I & wife got . In the Forum's 10 years I never heard of any problem like yours with KK affecting KITAS & KITAP issuance .

(b) I think it is a misunderstand . If you see below the required documents to get a KK , there is nothing that your wife could not provide .

(c) As I said an Indonesian Law states a KITAS holder must get a SKTT . Each city regulates a fine value for late request of the SKTT . What I could say is that getting a SKTT is not a urgent thing for us foreigners and many cities just forget to charge the fine (last year I was late to get the SKTT but I was not fined even with my city's Regulation stating there is a fine) .

(d) If you can , contact Bekasi's Kantor Imigrasi to know the documents to be provided (it may require a Surat Domisili from Batu) .

(e) Consider this only as their personal opinion . Be informed that , for example , the Immigration Regulation JukLak IMI-GR.01.13-3849 states a foreigner has only 60 days to report (to Immigration) any change in marriage/divorce status , child birth or any death (this complement Articles 71 & 116 of the Immigration Law I posted in post no.2 above) .

(f) Unfortunately this is relatively common in Indonesia and also in my country too (I guess due to lack of training and motivation of the employees) . This is why we need to read the rules ourselves .

--------------------------------------------------

From http://www.ayahbunda.co.id/Artikel/T...001/005/1473/3

Membuat Kartu Keluarga :

* Surat Domisili dari pengurus RT/RW setempat / Residency Letter from the local administrators
            * Kartu Keluarga yang lama / Old KK
            * Surat Perkawinan / Marriage certificate
            * Akta Kelahiran atau surat keterangan lahir / birth certificate
            * Surat Keterangan Pelaporan Pendatang Baru (SKPPB) bagi pendatang dari luar lokasi Anda saat ini / Report of coming from other address
            * Surat keterangan pindah bagi penduduk yang pindah antar kelurahan dalam satu wilayah propinsi / Report Moving letter

--------------------------------------------------

UU no.23 , year 2006
            Article 62
            (1) ...
            (2) Changes to the family structure in the KK must be reported to the Implementing Agency (Kantor Catatan Sipil) no later than 30 (thirty) days after the change occurs .
            (3) Based on the report as referred to in paragraph (2), the Implementing Agency registers and issues the (new) KK.

Article 89
            (1) Every resident is subjected to administrative sanctions in the form of fines if it exceeds the time limit for reporting :
            a. moving for foreigners who have KITAS or KITAP;
            b. moving from abroad for Indonesian citizens
            c. moving from overseas for Indonesian Citizens as intended in Article 19 paragraph (1);
            d. moving from abroad for foreigners who have a KITAS
            e. change in status of foreigners who got KITAP from KITAS
            f. move abroad for foreigners who have a KITAS or a KITAP
            g. change of KK as referred to in Article 62 paragraph (2): or
            h. extension of KTP as referred to in Article 63 paragraph (4).
            (2) Administrative fines as referred to in paragraph (1) for Indonesians is up to Rp. 1,000,000.00 (one million rupiah) and for foreign Residents
            up to Rp.2,000,000.00 (two million rupiah).

Comment

The KK or KTP has never affected me being issued KITAS or KITAP. They are things we have been told after actually getting the visas. We wanted to get the KK and KTP but was either told it can wait or in the case of KITAS the KK was not possible since they said my wife can't be by herself on a KK and needed to stay at her father's address. I had a KTP with KITAS no problem, than when we asked the immigration and local goverment about if we need KK and KTP immediately upon receiving KITAP they said it is ok if we do it once we visit Bekasi again.

Comment

(x) The KK or KTP has never affected me being issued KITAS or KITAP.

(y) They are things we have been told after actually getting the visas. We wanted to get the KK and KTP but was either told ...

(x) I meant affecting the foreigner getting the KITAS/KITAP in a Kantor Imigrasi of the city where he/she lives .

(y) I did understand you since the beginning . What I meant is that in many cases we cannot rely on people/officers information .

Comment

I see, ok. Sorry if I thought you did not understand me. Thank you for all your input.

Comment

Working...
                  X