Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ITAS Card Anymore ?

Hi all,

Just got a KITAS extension and recieved my passport and a letter. I asked about the KITAS card and was told that this is no longer issued; the letter replaces that. Can anyone confirm if that is the case. Thanks in advance.

From what Forum members have told here , sometimes Immigration issues the traditional KITAS , sometimes it only send a kind of letter through email . I guess you are the first to say that , but it is probably equivalent to that letter sent through email .

I guess in the near future everybody will receive only this "letter" version as it saves money to Immigration . And I think it is good for us too , because we avoid paying double for losing an original KITAS (as you didn't receive through email , better save many copies of that and always keep one inside your passport when you travel abroad) . The traditional KITAS , since stopped displaying the address , was useless anyway .

Comment

Just got a "KITAS" extension today , and yes , no card this time ( I had the plastic card , like a credit card , until now) .

So it seems we have to stop calling it a KITAS because this new extension I got is named "Izin Tinggal Terbatas Elektronik" / "Electronic Limited Stay Permit" (no "Kartu" word anymore) . So now I have an "e-ITAS" or simply an "ITAS" .

My Visa agent sent me this ITAS extension in a pdf file + an A4 color paper version of it . I can't say which one of the 2 was the "original" given by Immigration .

--------------------------------------------------------------

The (old) KITAS came with the following information :

Kementerian Hukum & HAM Republik Indonesia
      Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi
      Kartu Ijin Tinggal Terbatas Elektronik (e-KITAS)

NIORA
      Full Name
      Nationality Date of Birth Sex
      Permit Number
      Date of Expiry
      Tanda Tangan/signature (foreigner's signature)

-------------------------------------------------------------

My new ITAS came with the following information :

KEMENTERIAN HUKUM DAN HAK ASASI MANUSIA
      REPUBLIK INDONESIA
      KANTOR WILAYAH JAWA BARAT
      KANTOR IMIGRASI KLAS I BANDUNG
      JL. SURAPATI NO. 82

IZIN TINGGAL TERBATAS ELEKTRONIK
      ELECTRONIC LIMITED STAY PERMIT

NIORA
      Permit Number
      Stay/Multiple Entries Permit Expiry

Full Name
      Place/Date of Birth
      Passport Number / Date of Expiry
      Nationality
      Sex
      Address
      Occupation

Notice:
      1. According to Article 71 Act Number 6 Year 2011 ...
      2. This .. must be attach to ... Passport at all times
      3. For further information ...

Bandung, ... (date)
      Head of Klas I Bandung Immigration Office
      Poster's Note : no office stamp neither Immigration chief's signature
      Last edited by marcus; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

First: Thanks Marcus for your help.

The information you provided on your second post corresponds to what is on my new paper E-KITAS. The only difference is that it says
        IZIN TINGGAL TERBATAS ELEKTRONIK BERKERJA.

Thanks again.

Comment

as this "letter" seems to be written/issued by the local Kantor Imigrasi , we should expect some small differences .

If you were/are concerned about the authenticity of the ITAS extension , I suggest you to check your passport . You should have there a signed Immigration stamp stating :
          LIMITED STAY & RE-ENTRY
          NO : ....
          Valid Until : ....
          (city, date)
          Immigration Officer (his/her signature)

As an Work ITAS carries more risk than other ITAS , I also suggest you to ask a copy of the IMTA/Work Permit from your employer . In it you can know your work limitations (and also if your employer provided correct information/data to the Manpower Department) .
          Last edited by marcus; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
          X