Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oz Student Devastated After Being Barred From RI

From http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...a-holiday.html , 04 August 2018

[... Belinda Lopez, a PhD candidate at Macquarie University in Australia, wrote on her Twitter account that she had flown to Indonesia for a holiday but had been told by officials at Ngurah Rai airport in Bali that she was “blacklisted” by Indonesian immigration authorities...
    Belinda, who has worked as a subeditor for The Jakarta Post and The Jakarta Globe and made podcasts for the ABC, said she did not know why she was denied entry.
    “Immigration asked me if I was a journalist..."
    Belinda said she had visited Papua two years ago and that the immigration office refused to renew her visa over suspicion she was also doing journalism. She had been told at the time that she could return to Indonesia six months later...

Comments
    Rick
    .. I think there could be more to this than meets the eye. Does she secretly do ,or practice journalisim whilst in Indonesia??? Then she needs Working visa! There a lot of foriegners yhat enter Indonesia on VOA then seek out work hoping not to be caught. She possibly could be one of them, who knows???
    ........ ]

Originally posted by marcus View Post
    ... Belinda said she had visited Papua two years ago and that the immigration office refused to renew her visa over suspicion she was also doing journalism. She had been told at the time that she could return to Indonesia six months later...

I guess that when Immigration told her she could return 6 months later , meant that she was blacklisted for 6 months . But as many people said , the names in the blacklist will continue to be there until somebody request & succeed to withdraw the name(s) . I heard about a case where the request was denied .

Indonesian Immigration should make this situation clear , so the foreigner does not lose a flight ticket because she/he thinks her/his name would be withdrawn from the blacklist automatically .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
      Rick
      .. I think there could be more to this than meets the eye. Does she secretly do ,or practice journalisim whilst in Indonesia??? Then she needs Working visa! There a lot of foriegners yhat enter Indonesia on VOA then seek out work hoping not to be caught. She possibly could be one of them, who knows??? ...

The Indonesian Journalist Visa is different from the traditional Work Visa . Or in other words , according to PP no.31 , year 2013 , an Indonesian visa for doing :
      - journalism is a "Visit Visa" ;
      - general work (except journalism and business) is a "Limited Stay Visa" .

I guess the Journalism Visa does not require a Work Permit , but requires a special Indonesian Government's authorization .
      Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
      X