Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extend Kitas for the 3rd time?

Hi,
    Is it possible to extend my spouse sponsored KITAS for the 3rd time?

Thank you.

Yes . Some Immigration offices say you can extend 4 times a 1 year KITAS (total 5 years) , but I interpret the rule as 6 years total (5 extensions of an one year KITAS) .

But that Immigration officer who asked your Surat Domisili with a signature/stamp from Kelurahan for the KITAP will probably ask the same for a KITAS extension .
    Last edited by marcus; 07-07-18, 14:29.

Comment

I finally got my KITAS and I have 10 months left on it. When I renew will have to go through the same process I went through with an agent? Can I just go to the immigration office and start the process of renewal myself or what? Is there any steps listed anywhere for renewal process ?

Comment

Originally posted by digitarius3 View Post
        (1) ... When I renew will have to go through the same process I went through with an agent?

(2) Can I just go to the immigration office and start the process of renewal myself or what?

(3) Is there any steps listed anywhere for renewal process ?

(1) Theoretically an Immigration process is not dependent on who deal with Immigration . The KITAS extension process : is practically the same as the original KITAS process from conversion of a single entry Social Cultural & Family Visit Visa (popularly know as Sosbud Visa) , but is different from the KITAS process from a Limited Stay Visa/VITAS (which is the way agents usually do) .

(2) A KITAS extension process (like the original KITAS process) requires some documents from the sponsor , so if you get them , yes you can do the process yourself .

From your older posts I assume you got a Retirement KITAS , so although not impossible , it is very improbable that your agent (who is also your sponsor or who bought the sponsorship rights from an authorized sponsor) will give you the sponsor's documents to let you do his/her work (unless you still pay at least part of the agent's fee) .

(3) http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...as-from-sosbud (online Sosbud to KITAS - similar to online KITAS extension)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...2841#post72841 , (post no.128 , example of converting Sosbud into KITAS - similar do KITAS exetnsion without using online system)
        Note : documents to/from Jakarta can be done by courier/post
        Last edited by marcus; 11-07-18, 22:41.

Comment

Yes Marcus it is a retirement visa and from what I understand from your post I should let the agent renew my retirement visa. I looked at the links and the second one looks way over what I need to do. I think I'll wait and see as the expiration date approaches.

Comment

Working...
          X