Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for KITAP (Stuck in 1 place)

Hi,
    I have been married with an Indonesian and had my KITAS done twice. It's time to apply for KITAP. I have all the documents collected EXCEPT SKTT.
    My wife's KTP is from Cianjur BUT we stay in Jakarta as she works here. But when we went to Kelurahan they are not giving the SKTT as they say that her KTP address is from Cianjur so she must apply in Cianjur not in Jakarta!! BUT, if we use the Cianjur address, then people from Immigration will go to Cianjur for verification BUT we are staying in Jakarta.

What's the solution here?

THANK YOU!

SKTT is not usually requested for a KITAP (although not required in the Regulation too , you may find an Immigration officer that will insist you present it) .

Regardless of if it is a KTP , a KK , a SKTT , or KITAS/KITAP , all are tied to an address , so the normal way is to revise all data related to these documents when you move . It is even more important for the KITAS/KITAP because the Immigration Law states that it is a crime (up to 3 months jail or fine of up to Rp25 million) if the foreigner doesn't inform/report Immigration after moving (a new Regulation defined the time limit as 60 days) .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
      SKTT is not usually requested for a KITAP (although not required in the Regulation too , you may find an Immigration officer that will insist you present it) .

Regardless of if it is a KTP , a KK , a SKTT , or KITAS/KITAP , all are tied to an address , so the normal way is to revise all data related to these documents when you move . It is even more important for the KITAS/KITAP because the Immigration Law states that it is a crime (up to 3 months jail or fine of up to Rp25 million) if the foreigner doesn't inform/report Immigration after moving (a new Regulation defined the time limit as 60 days) .
      Hi,
      I didn't move anywhere. I'm still in the same place where I made my KITAS. But, the problem is, my wife's ID card is not from Jakarta. The address in her KTP is Cianjur.
      For KITAS it wasn't a problem. But for KITAP, they are asking us to get a STAMP from Kelurahan on the letter of domicile but Kelurahan is not giving Stamp and telling my wife that she must go to cianjur and apply there because her KTP is Cianjur not Jakarta. Today i went to immigration again and they told that they have no problem to process if kelurahan giving STAMP on the letter of domicile.

Comment

ask for "Surat Pindah" from Cianjur (RT/RW/Lurah) for domicile transfer process to Jakarta so that your wife's KTP address would be changed to where you reside now, Jakarta.
        Everything else, including your KITAP process would be easier
        "Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by abdinegoro View Post
          ask for "Surat Pindah" from Cianjur (RT/RW/Lurah) for domicile transfer process to Jakarta so that your wife's KTP address would be changed to where you reside now, Jakarta.
          Everything else, including your KITAP process would be easier
          Yes, but they asked us to provide the signature of our house owner. And they don't wanna help :-( I checked few other houses for renting and asked the owner that "Can I make KTP card with this address?" They don't allow :-(

Comment

Originally posted by armom100 View Post
            (1) I didn't move anywhere. I'm still in the same place where I made my KITAS ... my wife's ID .. address .. is Cianjur.
            For KITAS it wasn't a problem.

(2) But for KITAP, they are asking us to get a STAMP from Kelurahan on the letter of domicile ...

(3) Yes, but they asked us to provide the signature of our house owner ...

(1) I thought you moved because normally a city's Immigration would not give a KITAS if the sponsor's KTP is from another city . And also my city's Immigration always asked for a Surat Domisili for KITAS/KITAP . Didn't you provide the same Surat Domisili for your KITAS ?

(2) At least here in Bandung , Immigration always requested me a Surat Domisili with Kelurahan and Kecamatan signatures over their stamps . Recently Bandung started using a kind of "form" (or standard preprinted letter) for all kind of purposes where it is already defined the places where RT , RW , Kelurahan , and Kecamatan have to stamp and sign .

(3) Are you referring to Surat Pindah (because it doesn't need house owner's signature , as far as I read) ?
            If this is a request from RT to prove you live in a house , maybe you can just show the rent contract of the house - in my RT , Pak/Ibu RT know everybody who lives in the area , so in 13 years the various Pak/Ibu RT we had never asked me any document about the house or its owner) .
            Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

(1) I thought you moved because normally a city's Immigration would not give a KITAS if the sponsor's KTP is from another city . And also my city's Immigration always asked for a Surat Domisili for KITAS/KITAP . Didn't you provide the same Surat Domisili for your KITAS ?

(2) At least here in Bandung , Immigration always requested me a Surat Domisili with Kelurahan and Kecamatan signatures over their stamps . Recently Bandung started using a kind of "form" (or standard preprinted letter) for all kind of purposes where it is already defined the places where RT , RW , Kelurahan , and Kecamatan have to stamp and sign .

(3) Are you referring to Surat Pindah (because it doesn't need house owner's signature , as far as I read) ?
              If this is a request from RT to prove you live in a house , maybe you can just show the rent contract of the house - in my RT , Pak/Ibu RT know everybody who lives in the area , so in 13 years the various Pak/Ibu RT we had never asked me any document about the house or its owner) .
              Hi,
              Thanks for your reply.

(1) No, they didn't ask anything like that before. When we asked about it, they are telling that rules for Kitas and Kitap are different. My wife spent a lot of time discussing with immigration. But they are still saying that I must get Stamp from Kelurahan. In KITAS they asked me to STAMP from RT, RW which i did. But in KITAP they are asking for kelurahan :-(
              Kelurahan doesn't wanna give Stamp because my wife's KTP is from Cianjur. But others had no problem to give the Stamp. RT, RW stamp i have. Even STM also I have but only problem is Kelurahan :-(

Thanks for replying to the other thread about 3rd Kitas. But they don't ask for Stamp from kelurahan for Kitas over here. They says Kitas and Kitap rules are different. For Kitas RT,RW stamp was enough! I'm really stuck on what to do :-(

I am planning to get another Kitas now and then in that time move to Cianjur again. My wife have to leave her job too for that :-( They are not understanding these things!

(3) Yes, Surat Pindah. RT is telling us to get permission from the house owner.

Comment

(a) ... Kelurahan doesn't wanna give Stamp because my wife's KTP is from Cianjur ... RT is telling us to get permission from the house owner ...
                I'm really stuck on what to do :-(

(b) I am planning to get another Kitas now and then in that time move to Cianjur again ...

(a) Unfortunately we sometimes find situations like that . There is no logic on those requests and I am almost sure it is not specified in the rules (my Pak RT once told me that I could not have a foreign visitor staying for more than 5 days and my Kecamatan's chief once asked me to bring a new Police's STM for signing the Surat Domisili - fortunately my father-in-law helped me in the first case and I succeeded in convincing the chief in the second case without bribing him) .

I have a relatively poor Indonesian friend that lives in an area of rich people and told me that his Pak RT never gives him any document for free (in contrast with my Pak RT who never charges for any document because most people living in my area is low middle class) . In his view , Pak RT from rich areas are "spoiled" and become greedy .

So due to all that , my suggestion is to ask help from powerful friends (Pak Haji for example) to first try to convince these unreasonable people (and convincing sometimes needs one to bring some biscuits/cakes/.. to smooth the conversation) .

(b) So if you move , don't forget what I wrote in my first post above . You probably also need to take your file from Jakarta's Kantor Imigrasi to Cianjur's Kantor Imigrasi (or other Kantor responsible for Cianjur) .

If you have a house or your wife's family house there , maybe you could request address change now and request the KITAP in Cianjur . Immigration may request a visit to your place there , but you can tell then to define a day because you travel a lot , so in that day you stay there for the visit . Requesting in another Kantor Imigrasi means you will deal with different officers , and this can be a big difference .

Comment

... In KITAS they asked me to STAMP from RT, RW ... But in KITAP they are asking for kelurahan :-( ...
                  They says Kitas and Kitap rules are different ...

Yes the rule is different , but very similar and asks for the same Surat Domisili (see below) .

PP no.31 , year 2013 (not the official translation)
                  Article 142
                  (1) Application for a KITAS shall be submitted by foreigner or Guarantor ...
                  (2) Application ... shall be submitted ... attaching the following :
                  a. ...
                  b. For foreigner who is legally married with Indonesian citizen ...
                  1. application letter from Indonesian citizen husband or wife;
                  2. Legal Nationality Passport and still valid;
                  3. domicile certificate;

Article 153
                  (1) Application of a KITAP shall be submitted by the foreigner or Guarantor ...
                  (2) Application of a KITAP ... shall be submitted by ... attaching the following :
                  a. Legal Nationality Passport and still valid;
                  b. Photocopy of a KITAS that still valid;
                  c. domicile certificate;
                  Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X