Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditions for a foreigner to own a house in Indo

Hi,
    I know that a foreigner is allowed to own an appartment in Indonesia.
    I know that a foreigner is allowed to own a house too, but only in certain conditions, conditions I guess regarding the value of the house.
    Which are exactely these conditions ?
    My status is " sponsored by my spouse ".
    Thanks

Originally posted by Myself23 View Post
    (1) I know that a foreigner is allowed to own an appartment in Indonesia.
    I know that a foreigner is allowed to own a house too,

(2) but only in certain conditions, conditions I guess regarding the value of the house.
    Which are exactely these conditions ?

(3) My status is " sponsored by my spouse ".

(1) A foreigner can "own" under "Hak Pakai" (Right to Use) certificate , which is not a full ownership certificate (called "Hak Milik") .

(2) The conditions are stated in : Regulation "PP no.103 Tahun 2015 (foreigner must hold KITAS or KITAP , lease initially for 30 years , additional extensions for 20 years then 30 years , ...) , Regulation PerMen no.13 Tahun 2016 (value limits depending on the place : Bali/Yogyakarta , Rp3 Billion ; Jakarta , Rp10 Billion ; West Java , Rp5 Billion ; ...) . The general rule for this option is stated in Regulation PP no.40 Tahun 1996 .

(3) If your wife is Indonesian , you have other options .

------------------------------------------

http://www.hukumonline.com/berita/ba...unian-bagi-wna (Rules of Residential Rights for Foreigners , not including Permen 13/2016))
    Note : If necessary , Google Translate

\
    Last edited by marcus; 30-12-19, 07:13.

Comment

Hi Marcus,

thank you for your response, anyhow I will find and read both "PP no.103 Tahun 2015" & "PP no.40 Tahun 1996" but just for my information.

Since what I am looking for is the full and exclusive ownership of our home. If there is a way ...

So if you are able to tell me a bit more about the other options you are talking about "(3) If your wife is Indonesian , you have other options."

of course I would read it first ... Take care

Comment

If you are married with an Indonesian you still cannot buy "Hak Milik" property in your own name , but :

- You can buy in your Indonesian spouse's name (be alerted that if you divorce , you may lose it all) , if you have a prenup/separated wealth or an after marriage separated wealth agreement (posnup/separated wealth) .
        - You may buy in your child's name , if he/she is only Indonesian (not dual citizen) .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ial-agreements (2016's Constitutional Court decision on post-nuptial)

http://www.expat.or.id/info/buyingproperty.html
        Last edited by marcus; 19-12-19, 07:48.

Comment

Working...
        X