Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Ukrainian citizen protest in Indonesia?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can Ukrainian citizen protest in Indonesia?

    Can a Ukrainian citizen protest on the streets of Indonesia?
    I want to protest against corruption of USA embassy, etc.

  • #2
    If I was you ,I would not protest on the street here , because it has nothing to do with this country ,It would give the authorities here an easy excuse to kick you out and perhaps stamp "personna non grata" on your passport ,if that happens you may never get back here ,and you can forget about your US visa .But ya thats only my opinion.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tel522 View Post
      If I was you ,I would not protest on the street here , because it has nothing to do with this country ,It would give the authorities here an easy excuse to kick you out and perhaps stamp "personna non grata" on your passport ,if that happens you may never get back here ,and you can forget about your US visa .But ya thats only my opinion.
      If government is that corrupt then everybody must protest. I am prepared to all possibilities.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mike4july1972 View Post
        Can a Ukrainian citizen protest on the streets of Indonesia? ...

        I don't know . I heard that Indonesians must get an authorization from the Police , so you better ask the Police first .

        But if I was you I would not do that . We , normal people , cannot make any relevant change of the world , so better try to forget this kind of problem and focus on things that make us happy .
        Last edited by marcus; 2 weeks ago.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by marcus View Post


          I don't know . I heard that Indonesians must get an authorization from the Police , so you better ask the Police first .

          But if I was you I would not do that . We , normal people , cannot make any relevant change of the world , so better try to forget this kind of problem and focus on things that make us happy .
          We can change a lot and we must do the right thing everywhere we can, at least not to do wrong thing, which many expats do here in Indonesia.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mike4july1972 View Post
            We can change a lot and we must do the right thing everywhere we can, ...

            Ok , if you say you can change and you will do the right thing (correct the Jakarta's US Embassy) , lets assume you are right . But can you tell us why you are trying to improve the rich USA instead of improving your relatively poorer country ?
            Last edited by marcus; 2 weeks ago.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by marcus View Post


              Ok , if you say you can change and you will do the right thing (correct the Jakarta's US Embassy) , lets assume you are right . But can you tell us why you are trying to improve the rich USA instead of improving your relatively poorer country ?
              USA is more influential than poor countries because of brain drain, money drain, and drain of other resources from poor countries to USA and its allies. Poor countries cannot do much. Improving USA is the most important.

              Comment


              • #8
                In general , try to improve the world is praiseworthy , but we need to put our objectives within the reach of our possibilities . And you will accomplish nothing with hatred . You seem to be totally out of the reality . Do a favor to yourself and get advices from your family , relatives , and friends ; before starting anything like that .
                Last edited by marcus; 2 weeks ago.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by marcus View Post
                  In general , try to improve the world is praiseworthy , but we need to put our objectives within the reach of our possibilities . And you will accomplish nothing with hatred . You seem to be totally out of the reality . Do a favor to yourself and get advices from your family , relatives , and friends ; before starting anything like that .
                  It is good that you agree that people must do the right thing. Hate is crime and corruption. Love is helping people, and this is what I try to do. Nobody is totally out of the reality; every opinion is part of the truth. I protested in many countries for many years. I saw many people protesting in Indonesia. There is nothing wrong in peaceful protest. I talk to everybody about that and they give me many advices. It is impossible to tell the truth here because people are afraid of defamation law, but freedom of expression is a human right, it must be more important.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The reality is ...
                    freedom of expression .... is defined differently in different countries. It is always advisable for expats to follow the laws of the country they live in .. if they want to live there in peace.
                    Danielle Surkatty
                    Member of the Organizing Committee
                    Living in Indonesia, A Site for Expatriates
                    http://www.expat.or.id/

                    Living in Indonesia Expat Forum
                    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/
                    [email protected]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wm View Post
                      The reality is ...
                      freedom of expression .... is defined differently in different countries. It is always advisable for expats to follow the laws of the country they live in .. if they want to live there in peace.
                      I abide by the laws. There are some things which are global such as freedom of speech, human rights, etc. which every country must respect.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh if that were true ... what a wonderful world this would be !
                        Danielle Surkatty
                        Member of the Organizing Committee
                        Living in Indonesia, A Site for Expatriates
                        http://www.expat.or.id/

                        Living in Indonesia Expat Forum
                        http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/
                        [email protected]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mike4july1972 View Post
                          Can a Ukrainian citizen protest on the streets of Indonesia?
                          I want to protest against corruption of USA embassy, etc.
                          There was a demo outside the USA Embassy last Friday....https://id.usembassy.gov/demonstrati...y-may-11-2018/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by wm View Post
                            Oh if that were true ... what a wonderful world this would be !
                            We can do a lot for free speech and human rights by exposing corruption. Expats are too corrupt. They oppress free speech on Facebook and other social media by fearing defamation law and trying to avoid discussing corruption. USA is the guiltiest. This causes other crimes, including terrorism. It is hard to have peace without justice.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Davita View Post

                              There was a demo outside the USA Embassy last Friday....https://id.usembassy.gov/demonstrati...y-may-11-2018/
                              They are motivated by religion, which if often against freedom, and I am motivated by protecting free speech and human rights. USA provoked religious people by moving its embassy to Jerusalem. Trump must do what USA religions want, which if often against human rights. USA must use its power in much more responsible way. I know many criminals in USA, which lets criminals to get away with their crimes.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X