Can tourists marry at KUA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can tourists marry at KUA?

Called the embassy and they said it is not possible and that the only way is if you were a resident. Is it true?

One must be indonesian , and both must be muslim .

Comment

Originally posted by Lykke112 View Post
      Called the embassy and they said it is not possible and that the only way is if you were a resident. Is it true?

I do know that for a foreigner to marry an Indonesian , the foreigner can be with a tourist Visa ; but don't know when both the bride and the groom are foreigners .

I made a quick search in the internet but didn't find an answer to that too .

I would go to a KUA and ask : "can you marry us ?" . I guess some will say no , others may say yes .
      Last edited by marcus; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Yes, it can if one of you are Indonesian and both of you are Moeslem. If you want to discuss more, feel free to contact me by whatsapp +62 81218138053 (www.yplawoffice.com) thank you.

Comment

Bumping this.

This is about the only time Google is failing me. Can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I'm pretty sure i read in several places about tourists getting legally married in Indonesia - but as usual, when you're looking for something, it decides to play Houdini.

Any idea where i can get this info, from outside Indonesia? Any point in the right direction would be immensely appreciated. Again, asking if two foreigners on tourist visas can legally marry in Indonesia, at KUA specifically - dont care which one at what part of Indonesia.

Comment

Working...
          X