Visa run Singapore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa run Singapore

This is an email I received from my sponsor concerning a visa run. It suggests that I should ask for help in obtaining visa and of course pay an additional fee to a third party.

Can I do this myself if I remain in Singapore for 4 days??? Any info would be helpful I am paying a lot for this visa and now I am being asked for more. HELP detailed advice please.

Dear Anthony,

Attached is TELEX RETIREMENT VISA attention to Singapore.

Please print it out and attach together with :
    1. Original and copy passport
    2. 2 photo size 4 x6cm – white color background.
    3. Pay the fee
    You may ask assistance Mr. Malik Yusof at Singapore with the cost asfo :
    1. One day service – application to be received by Mr. Malik in the morning at the latest 09.30am ready around 17.00pm.
      1. Cost SIN$ 280/12 months visa.
    2. 3 (three) working day service only on Tuesday, at cost SIN$ 230/12 months visa.
    3. Above cost for Indonesian Consulate and success fee for Malik.
    You are required to stay in Singapore, at min.2 nights / 3 days.
    Indonesian Consulate is closed on Saturday, and public holiday.

Just check form Indonesian Embassy in Singapore website..

Working Visa and the Dependants

Requirement:
    • Completed visa application form. Please download the Form here.
    • Original passport, with more than 6 months validity.
    • One copy of the passport.
    • Approval letter from Immigration Head Office (Jakarta). How to get the approval, please see below.
    • One passport size recent color photograph.
    • One copy of Singapore ID Card (Work permit, Employment Pass, S-Pass, Dependant Pass, Student Pass, Permanent Resident) or Embarkation card.
    • If you are national of one of the following countries:

Afghanistan, Cameroon, Guinea, Iraq, Israel, North Korea, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia,

you must apply for Calling Visa. To see how to obtain Calling Visa, please click here.

Procedure:
    • Submit your application to:

Immigration Section
      Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
      7 Chatsworth Road
      Singapore 249761
      Counter no: 4 and 5

Time:
    • Processing time: 2 working days.
    • Submission: 09.00am - 12.00pm (Monday - Friday) Public Holiday closed
    • Collection: 03.00pm - 05.00pm (Monday - Friday) Public Holiday closed

Fee:
    • S$ 85.00 (Eighty five Singapore Dollars) per issue for up to 6 months visa
    • S$ 160.00 (One hundred and sixty Singapore Dollars) per issue for up to 1 year visa
    • S$ 270.00 (Two hundred and seventy Singapore Dollars) per issue for up to 2 years visa
    • Payment in CASH ONLY

Hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by digitarius3 View Post
      ... Can I do this myself if I remain in Singapore for 4 days??? Any info would be helpful I am paying a lot for this visa and now I am being asked for more ...

In Singapore or elsewhere , we always have the right to apply ourselves . Using an agent in Singapore in my view , is worth , if you don't need to stay for so long there , because depending on where you stay , the hotel/food costs may be higher than what you pay to the agent (usually S$100 in addition to the Embassy fee) .
      Last edited by marcus; 29-04-18, 12:16.

Comment

Originally posted by digitarius3 View Post
        This is an email I received from my sponsor concerning a visa run.
        ......[*]3 (three) working day service only on Tuesday, at cost SIN$ 230/12 months visa ...
        Originally posted by darkdino View Post
        .....[*]S$ 160.00 (One hundred and sixty Singapore Dollars) per issue for up to 1 year visa ...

Well , it seems the sponsor doesn't know the correct price .

Comment

I agree with marcus that employing the agent in Singapore is well worth it even if one is spending time there.The lack of hassle, travel and waiting is worth a few bucks. Lots more time for shopping or drinking Tiger!
          Some agents pick-up and drop-off the completed passport at the hotel.

Comment

Well I did go to Singapore and I did not use an agent. I took the bus, in front of my hotel to the embassy, which was a great 10 minute ride for $1.40 per bus. I waited in line got the application filled it out paid the fee and was told return the next day after 3pm. I retuned the next day after 3pm picked up the visa and was done. Took flight back here the next day. No agent needed.

Comment

Precisely. Well done. NEVER use agents, anywhere, any time, for processing Indonesian immigration. They will always rip you off. Doing it alone will always get you better service. If you're based in Jakarta, the immigration offices these days are slick, well run, efficient, and largely corruption-free. Admittedly, the provincial offices are still playing catch-up. But they're still streets ahead of what we had to endure back in the 90s......

Comment

Working...
              X