Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole Family KITAS Simultaneously Or Not

Hi There,

I'm in the process of applying for a ITAS, IMTA and later converting to Kitas. I have 2 kids that are not in this application process. My question is,.. Can I apply for the kids after my application has been approved? Is there a difference to apply separate or together?

thanks in advance.

I don't have practical experience on that , but from what a member wrote here , if you want all family to come together to Indonesia or children coming later but as soon as possible :

- as soon as you get the "telex visa" for your Limited Stay Visa/VITAS , use it for applying for the children's "telex visa" ,

- choose if you want to apply for your Limited Stay Visa/VITAS first , or wait for the children's "telex visa" to apply for yours/your children's Limited Stay Visas/VITAS simultaneously .

But if the children can come only after you get your KITAS , then you use your KITAS to apply for the children's "telex visa" .

Note : KITAS = ITAS card . You will get the IMTA then "telex visa" then VITAS , enter Indonesia , and within 30 days , apply for the ITAS/KITAS .
    Last edited by marcus; 12-04-18, 19:11.

Comment

Hi Marcus, Thanks for the reply.

My Vitas application is in the process. I assume the 'telex visa' is the one i collect from the embassy. Can I apply for the children when i collect it from the foreign Indonesian embassy at the embassy itself? How long does that process normally take?

I'm using an agent to process my Vista/Kitas. In your opinion, could i do the application for the children myself?

Comment

Where would be the best site to get info on fees for the application?

I think it's this one, saw you post it on another thread Marcus.

http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html
        Last edited by jogjaexplorer; 19-04-18, 17:39. Reason: i found the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by jogjaexplorer View Post
          (1) ... I assume the 'telex visa' is the one i collect from the embassy.

(2) Can I apply for the children when i collect it from the foreign Indonesian embassy at the embassy itself?

(3) How long does that process normally take?

(4) I'm using an agent to process my Vista/Kitas. In your opinion, could i do the application for the children myself?

(5) Where would be the best site to get info on fees for the application?...

(1) No . "Telex visa" is issued online . It is a kind of a pre-approval of a visa by Jakarta's Immigration Directorate . It sends a "telex" to the Embassy authorizing the issuance of the visa and gives you a copy of the "telex" - I am not sure if the message is really sent to the Embassy but the Embassy will ask you for your copy anyway) .

(2) So as soon as you get your copy of the "telex visa" from Jakarta's Immigration Directorate you may be able to apply for the "telex visa" of your children . Or you can apply for the children's "telex visa" after getting your KITAS .

(3) The "telex visa" takes some 10 days to be issued . The Visa depends on each Embassy (one day to 4 days) . The KITAS , around 2 weeks after you apply for it .

(4) You have the right to apply yourself . It will be a little difficult , but you probably can do it yourself (other members have done it) - or if not you can pay an agent to do it for you .

(5) You can get the "Peraturan Pemerintah no 45 Tahun 2014" from the internet or from www.imigrasi.go.id .
          Indonesian government fees :
          "telex visa" : Rp100'000
          Your or your children's 1 year Limited Stay Visa : equivalent to USD105 each (usually a little more when converted into the local currency)
          One year KITAS + Re-entry Permit : Rp1'855'000 (paper card) or 2'055'000 (plastic card)

Note : order of events : "telex visa" (online) > Limited Stay Visa (Embassy) > KITAS (Indonesian city's Immigration office)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...nd-other-visas (example of online "telex visa" process)
          Last edited by marcus; 20-04-18, 00:31.

Comment

Working...
          X