KITAP process while travelling abroad with a 2nd passport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITAP process while travelling abroad with a 2nd passport

Good day, I have been living in Indonesia now 10 years. I have had several visas during this time. Currently on a wife sponsor Kitas visa. I would prefer a Kitap visa however i travel extensively overseas and require my passport. I do however have 2 (perfectly legal) valid Uk passports. Would i be able to utilise the 2nd passport for the Kitap application ? This application would be ongoing whilst i was overseas.

Originally posted by Johnmm1960 View Post
    ... Would i be able to utilise the 2nd passport for the Kitap application ? This application would be ongoing whilst i was overseas.

Probably you cannot do that because if you start a KITAP process , you would need to do it with the passport having the "Limited Stay & Re-entry" stamp (which will be held by Immigration until the process is finished) . So you could not travel overseas with the other passport that does not have the "Limited Stay & Re-entry" stamp , except if you are too lucky that the Indonesian officers would not check it if you show them a copy of you KITAS (the original would be retained in the KITAP process too) in at least 2 occasions (when leaving/entering Indonesia) .

Anyway , you can ask your Kantor Imigrasi about that (who knows an officer can stamp the "Limited Stay & Re-entry" in the second passport too) . Be alerted that Immigration officers may think you did something illegal as according to Indonesian Immigration Law (UU no.6 , year 2011 , Article 30) , Indonesians can have only one Indonesian passport (I guess it is the same in my country) .
    Last edited by marcus; 13-03-18, 15:12.

Comment

Marcus,thank you for that information,the Mrs is away at the immigration office today with my query so lets see what they say. You have pointed out it may well be a non starter. Shame it can take 6 months or so. Thanks again

Comment

... Shame it can take 6 months or so.

In many places people are getting it in around 40 days . If your Kantor Immigration usually delay the process that much , I would suggest you to start the process online , because I understand that this way Jakarta's Immigration Directorate may put pressure to the Kantor Imigrasi in order to do things in a standard way .

https://izintinggal.imigrasi.go.id/I...05578C16?tab=1 (KITAS , KITAP , .. , online process)

Comment

A Kitap in 40 days would have be excellent. Unfortunately i spoke with the immigration officer a few days back. He actually can to house to hand deliver my Kitas.Here in Malang City,he said it will take 6 months to do here. Unfortunately i don't have time for that so shall continue with these annual Kitas visas.

Comment

... Unfortunately i spoke with the immigration officer ... He actually can to house to hand deliver my Kitas ..he said it will take 6 months to do ...

I would not trust an officer who delivers KITAS to the foreigner's home (by the way , are you hiring him as your agent or giving him a big "tip"?) . Did he tell you why a KITAP takes 6 month ?

Do you know that the first KITAP process is exactly the same as the first KITAS process from a Sosbud Visa conversion ? Only a few required documents/forms are different . So if you get a KITAS quicker , you are able to get a KITAP quicker too .
            Last edited by marcus; 05-04-18, 08:27.

Comment

He actually lives just up the road from me. Its a fairly friendly village where i live, friendly police too, the crimes here are fellas stealing apples!

Comment

Working...
              X