Interview regarding KITAS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview regarding KITAS

I applied for the spousal KITAS ( conversation from sosbud) on 26th January and today 3 officers from immigration office came to take interview. The first question I faced was 'WHY DIDN'T I GO TO KANTOR IMIGRASI BEFORE MARRIAGE?' I lost my words for a moment then I replied 'Nobody ever told me to go the KI before Marriage! Then they said 'i should've informed them! And they wanted to see my ID card from previous work! This is ridiculous because I had to submit my ID card to the office before coming here, but I still have my work certificate from the office and I showed them! Before things started to get more complicated they said, okay let's take some photos. We posed for some group photos. Since I'm a Muslim they also asked me which groups do I follow and whether it's okay to smoke or not in Islam, and it's finished that way.

Immigration sometimes do this interview at their office , sometimes at the requester's home , and I guess the main purpose is to know if it is a real marriage , and if the address is correct .

The question about why you didn't go to their office before the marriage is not usual , I think . Anyway , yes , there is no Regulation (as far as I know) mandating the foreigner do that (I didn't do that too , when I married here) .

About the previous work , I guess they were checking if you didn't do anything illegal before .

Comment

Hello Marcus thanks for your clarification. I want to know one more thing, my visa expiration date is March 15, and i still haven't got my kitas yet. So would I need to extend my visa one more time till I get my kitas? Even though I asked the immigration officer, he said I don't need to extend it. Let me know what do you think about that!

Comment

I think that the information you got (don't need to extend) is correct .

Some few years ago Immigration could say that you should extend it , but Permen no.27 , year 2014 states extension can be requested up to the day before a visa/KITAS expires , so this means to me that as far as there is an ongoing Immigration process , the expiry date is not important (obviously they will not finish a extension in one day , so it assumes the process will be finished after the expiration date of the visa/KITAS) .

Comment

Yes. I'm also thinking like that, and I already have sent my documents to the DITJEN 2 days ago. Normally how many days would it take to finish the process in DITJEN office?

Comment

Around 10 days . Did you ask them to send the approval directly to your Kantor Imigrasi , as soon as it is issued ?

Comment

Ask whom? After I got a call from the Kantor Ham, I collected the Surat permohonan from there and I sent it including the rest of the documents to the DITJEN via courier service.

Comment

Rajtikka, do you live at the same address as your wife's KTP?

Comment

Originally posted by Rajtikka View Post
                  Ask whom? ...

It would be good if you had added your own letter requesting Jakarta's Immigration Directorate to send their approval to Kantor Imigrasi , so they will not wait you to go there to collect it .
                  Last edited by marcus; 26-02-18, 08:08.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

so they will not wait you to go there to collect it .
                    Do I need to go to Jakarta to collect the letter? I read on ********* forum that DITJEN will update my imigration status online and city kanIm will able to see it and they will let me know about it. The officer from the kanIm also told me the same.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
                      Rajtikka, do you live at the same address as your wife's KTP?
                      Yes, in fact I was living at my wife's home at the moment of applying for Kitas.

Comment

... DITJEN will update my imigration status online and city kanIm will able to see it and they will let me know about it. The officer from the kanIm also told me the same.

Well , if Kantor Imigrasi told you that then it is ok .

Comment

Yes, in fact I was living at my wife's home at the moment of applying for Kitas.
                          I see.. thanks. I am thinking the same thing, but my wife's KTP does not have the same address as where she lives now.

Comment

Oh. I think you already know, if you want to apply for the KITAS then you should go to the city Kantor imigrasi, according to your spouse's KTP!

Comment

It's in the same city, but she couldnt be bothered to change her KTP address, from her parents' house to her house now.

Comment

Working...
                              X