Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex wni Converting PT spons. Kitas to Kitap online

Hi,

My spouse is the one working for the company, and we got our KITAS as family members. However, am trying to convert our KITAS to a KITAP based on myself being an ex-wni before our KITAS expires. Sponsoring company is owned by the same family member that would be sponsoring my ex-wni KITAP. If anyone has any tips that would be much appreciated.

In addition I have a few questions:
    1. Was wondering if anyone have used the online stay permit website to convert kitas to ex wni kitap?

2. Also read an earlier post (http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-ex-wni/page10) that it is recommended to change company sponsor to ex wni's family member sponsor in KITAS before converting to KITAP. Would that still be the case? And would the rest of the family's (all the other non ex-wni) KITAS need to have the sponsor changed/ dialihkan?

3. Could the ITAP application for the rest of the family members be submitted all in one go, or would theirs have to wait until mine has been approved?

Thanks!

Originally posted by marcelma View Post
    1. Was wondering if anyone have used the online stay permit website to convert kitas to ex wni kitap?

2. Also read ... that it is recommended to change company sponsor to ex wni's family member sponsor in KITAS before converting to KITAP. Would that still be the case?

2a. And would the rest of the family's (all the other non ex-wni) KITAS need to have the sponsor changed/ dialihkan?

3. Could the ITAP application for the rest of the family members be submitted all in one go, or would theirs have to wait until mine has been approved?

1. Nobody in this Forum , yet .

2. Yes , it is still the case as far as I know . I guess you can't do that online . Better contact your Kantor Imigrasi as soon as possible . Also ask Immigration if you can do the sponsor change + KITAP simultaneously .

2a. Yes , but probably a little different . I am not sure but :
    - you change your present sponsor (your spouse) to the next sponsor (one of your Indonesian relative) ;
    - your children change their present sponsor (your spouse) to the next sponsor (you) .
    - your spouse cannot change sponsor if he/she wants to continue working , otherwise his/her next sponsor will be you , like your children .

3. I guess you can submit all requests together , but I am not sure (unfortunately nobody in this Forum told about this) . If you all have the same validity date KITAS , this is a signal that you can do the same now because , as far as I know , the cases before and now are similar :
    - before : you and the children were eligible for KITAS because your spouse had a KITAS (you and the children eligible as the spouse's dependents) ;
    - now : the children + maybe the spouse will be eligible because you get KITAS/KITAP (the children + spouse eligible as your dependents) .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-journal/page2 (change sponsor + extension in a single process)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ng-the-country , post no.5

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-country/page3 (post no.35 sponsor change case)

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

1. Nobody in this Forum , yet .

2. Yes , it is still the case as far as I know . I guess you can't do that online . Better contact your Kantor Imigrasi as soon as possible . Also ask Immigration if you can do the sponsor change + KITAP simultaneously .

2a. Yes , but probably a little different . I am not sure but :
      - you change your present sponsor (your spouse) to the next sponsor (one of your Indonesian relative) ;
      - your children change their present sponsor (your spouse) to the next sponsor (you) .
      - your spouse cannot change sponsor if he/she wants to continue working , otherwise his/her next sponsor will be you , like your children .

3. I guess you can submit all requests together , but I am not sure (unfortunately nobody in this Forum told about this) . If you all have the same validity date KITAS , this is a signal that you can do the same now because , as far as I know , the cases before and now are similar :
      - before : you and the children were eligible for KITAS because your spouse had a KITAS (you and the children eligible as the spouse's dependents) ;
      - now : the children + maybe the spouse will be eligible because you get KITAS/KITAP (the children + spouse eligible as your dependents) .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-journal/page2 (change sponsor + extension in a single process)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ng-the-country , post no.5

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-country/page3 (post no.35 sponsor change case)
      Many thanks for your reply Marcus!

2. It seems that the alih sponsor might be able to be done online.
      In the drop down menu under 'Produk' there is a choice of tetap, tetap bebas cukai, terbatas, terbatas bebas cukai. I assume that I will be choosing terbatas.
      Under Jenis Dokumen Keiimigasion drop down there is alih/ perubahan nama penjamin
      Under Kegiatan, I am not sure whether I should choose: anak ikut orang tua wni, or penyatuan keluarga (langsung dari ditjetnim). There doesn;t seems to be an ex-wni choice
      But maybe if by going to the KanIm in person I could submit all the request together, it may be best to do so.

2a. Could you clarify the part about my spouse not being to change sponsor to continue working? Reading from previous posts it seems that as long as the WNA has an IMTA it is ok, but perhaps I misunderstood some things. Does the fact that my spouse is a Director in the company and my father is the Main Director makes any difference?
      How could we get around it if he woulkd like to continue working while all this happens ? His IMTA is still valid and it will be extended before it expires.

3. I hope so. We do have the same date on all our KITAS

Thanks again!

Comment

Also does the sponsor in the guarantee letter have to state his rough approx. yearly earnings? What would be an acceptable figure for a KITAP considering he is sponsoring 4 people (child and spouse, and grandchildren). I couldn't find any statement regarding minimum earnings. And in the surat permohonan pengalihan by the PT and by the sponsor should I state somewhere that I am an ex-wni?

Comment

2. It seems that the alih sponsor might be able to be done online.

2a. Could you clarify the part about my spouse not being to change sponsor to continue working? Reading from previous posts it seems that as long as the WNA has an IMTA it is ok, but perhaps I misunderstood some things. Does the fact that my spouse is a Director in the company and my father is the Main Director makes any difference?
          How could we get around it if he woulkd like to continue working while all this happens ? His IMTA is still valid and it will be extended before it expires.

2b. In the drop down menu under 'Produk' ... I assume that I will be choosing terbatas.

2c. Under Jenis Dokumen Keiimigasion drop down there is alih/ perubahan nama penjamin

2d. Under Kegiatan, I am not sure whether I should choose: anak ikut orang tua wni, or penyatuan keluarga (langsung dari ditjetnim). There doesn;t seems to be an ex-wni choice

3. But maybe if by going to the KanIm in person I could submit all the request together, it may be best to do so ...

3a. We do have the same date on all our KITAS .

2. I agree .

2a. Yes you misunderstood . That was applicable to you (an ex-Indonesian) , so if you get a ex-Indonesian KITAP you are eligible to add a Work Permit/IMTA to that (you could also work informally at your father's business without an IMTA) .
          But your spouse must have a work KITAS/KITAP (sponsored by the PT company which has to sponsor the IMTA too) to legally work in Indonesia , there is no other option . By being a Director probably makes the spouse eligible for a work KITAP (normal foreign employee cannot get a work KITAP) .

2b & 2c. Yes .

2d. I would choose "anak ikut orang tua wni" , if there are only these 2 options (this for your process , but for your children it should be "penyatuan keluarga") .

3. Yes , if you find good officers there . Besides doing all family processes together , you could argue that it makes sense to do sponsor change + KITAP at once because these 2 subjects require the #same approval procedures (approval by Kantor Imigrasi = Kantr Wilayah + Jakarta's Directorate general) , and more , the sponsor change is free , so doing them together decrease Immigration workload too .
          #I am sure the KITAP must be approved by the 3 Immigration offices , but not 100% sure in the sponsor change case

3a. I was not clear before . I meant , you (all family) have the same ITAS/KITAS issuance & expiry dates , or in other words , did you (all family) : enter Indonesia together , go to take fingerprints/photo together , and get the KITAS issued at the same day ?
          Last edited by marcus; 22-01-18, 11:37.

Comment

2. I agree .

2a. Yes you misunderstood . That was applicable to you (an ex-Indonesian) , so if you get a ex-Indonesian KITAP you are eligible to add a Work Permit/IMTA to that (you could also work informally at your father's business without an IMTA) .
            But your spouse must have a work KITAS/KITAP (sponsored by the PT company which has to sponsor the IMTA too) to legally work in Indonesia , there is no other option . By being a Director probably makes the spouse eligible for a work KITAP (normal foreign employee cannot get a work KITAP) .

2b & 2c. Yes .

2d. I would choose "anak ikut orang tua wni" , if there are only these 2 options (this for your process , but for your children it should be "penyatuan keluarga") .

3. Yes , if you find good officers there . Besides doing all family processes together , you could argue that it makes sense to do sponsor change + KITAP at once because these 2 subjects require the #same approval procedures (approval by Kantor Imigrasi = Kantr Wilayah + Jakarta's Directorate general) , and more , the sponsor change is free , so doing them together decrease Immigration workload too .
            #I am sure the KITAP must be approved by the 3 Immigration offices , but not 100% sure in the sponsor change case

3a. I was not clear before . I meant , you (all family) have the same ITAS/KITAS issuance & expiry dates , or in other words , did you (all family) : enter Indonesia together , go to take fingerprints/photo together , and get the KITAS issued at the same day ?
            Thanks Marcus

Regarding:

2a. Even though if I am the woman and he (spouse) the man the case would still be the same? Not that I am implying that the man should by nature be the bread winner...just trying to see if that would work . I am assuming that even though he is a Director, the KITAP would still have to be sponsored by the company and he has to have gone through a minumum of 3x KITAS years?

2d There is also ex wni untuk kembali menjadi wni. However not sure if that is our intention yet. So i think anak ikut org tua wni would be it.

2e I found this on another site https://*********************/threads/...on-kitap.3347/ which suggest that it is possible, but maybe it is a mis interpretation? Can't seem to paste the link but if one googles ********* becoming a company director while on kitap the link should be there.

3a. Yes we did enter Indonesia together and went to take the photos and fingerprints together with the KITAS issued on the same date.

3b. Would the surat permohonan for the alih status from kitas to itap be signed by my father the sponsor/ guarantor or by me?

4. I wonder if you know regarding the sponsor guarantee letter if it has to state the sponsor's yearly earnings and what would be deemedd as a reasonable amount in our case?

Thanks again, your advice are very helpful!

Comment

(I) .. does the sponsor in the guarantee letter have to state his rough approx. yearly earnings?

(II) What would be an acceptable figure for a KITAP considering he is sponsoring 4 people (child and spouse, and grandchildren). I couldn't find any statement regarding minimum earnings.

(III) And in the surat permohonan pengalihan by the PT and by the sponsor should I state somewhere that I am an ex-wni?

(I) I did present many of this guarantee letter and always left the earning line blank , but I guess the officer can ask you to inform that .

(II) I don't know of any Regulation about that . But there is the PerMen no.24 , Tahun 2016 which requires a proof of having USD1'500 to get a Visa . I would guess a minimum of USD1'500 per year per person is acceptable , if required (PP no.31 , Tahun 2013 does not require it) .

But in my view , your Indonesian relative sponsors you and you sponsor the rest of your family (your children must be under the age of 18) .

(III) I think your present sponsor is your spouse , not the PT , anyway , I guess the sponsor does not need to refer you as an ex-WNI . I suppose (as I never did it before) it should state something like : I , Pak X signed below , will not sponsor Ibu Y anymore , and I don't have objection that Pak Z becomes her sponsor from now on .
              You can ask Kantor Imigrasi to give you a sample of the letter .

Comment

2a. Even though if I am the woman and he (spouse) the man the case would still be the same? ...

2a1. I am assuming that even though he is a Director, the KITAP would still have to be sponsored by the company and he has to have gone through a minumum of 3x KITAS years?

2d There is also ex wni untuk kembali menjadi wni. However not sure if that is our intention yet. So i think anak ikut org tua wni would be it.

2e I found this on another site ... which suggest that it is possible, but maybe it is a mis interpretation? ...

3a. Yes we did enter Indonesia together and went to take the photos and fingerprints together with the KITAS issued on the same date.

3b. Would the surat permohonan for the alih status from kitas to itap be signed by my father the sponsor/ guarantor or by me?

4. I wonder if you know regarding the sponsor guarantee letter if it has to state the sponsor's yearly earnings and what would be deemedd as a reasonable ...

2a. Doesn't matter . Foreigners in general can only work if sponsored by an Indonesian based PT company . The exceptions came with Article 61 of UU no.6 , year 2011 (see below) .

2a1. Yes , your spouse needs 3 KITAS to be eligible for a work KITAP . You are eligible for an ex-Indonesian KITAP as soon as you get a KITAS .

2d. This is where the Regulation confuses me . It seems that you are eligible for a KITAS/KITAP (but it is not 100% clear to me) :
                - as an ex-Indonesian ; and
                - as wanting to join Indonesian : mother and/or father .

2e. I could not access that website . Please just describe it in your own words or make a copy of the information and paste here .

3a. So I think you can continue in the same way , regardless of who the sponsor is .

I was not sure because , for example , according to the Regulation the children are eligible for a KITAP if the mother or the father has a KITAP . If this is interpreted that the children can only request the KITAP when mother/father already has/have KITAP , your children KITAP could not be requested simultaneously with your KITAP , and this would cause a big problem if your KITAP is not issued before the children KITAS expire .

3b . Surat Permohonan is to be signed by the sponsor . I am not 100% sure but I think your KITAS/KITAP should be sponsored by your father , and the children's KITAS/KITAP should be sponsored by you .

4. See post no.7 above .

---------------------------------------

UU no.6 , Tahun 2011
                Pasal 52
                Izin Tinggal terbatas diberikan kepada:
                e. Orang Asing yang kawin secara sah dengan warga negara Indonesia; atau
                f. anak dari Orang Asing yang kawin secara sah dengan warga negara Indonesia.

Pasal 54
                (1) Izin Tinggal Tetap dapat diberikan kepada:
                a. ...
                b. keluarga karena perkawinan campuran;
                c. ...
                d. Orang Asing eks warga negara Indonesia dan eks subjek anak berkewarganegaraan ganda Republik Indonesia.

Pasal 61
                Pemegang Izin Tinggal terbatas sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 52 huruf e dan huruf f dan pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 54 ayat (1) huruf b dan huruf d dapat melakukan pekerjaan dan/atau usaha untuk memenuhi kebutuhan hidup dan/atau keluarganya.

Note : for those who don't understand Indonesian > Google Translate

Comment

2a. Doesn't matter . Foreigners in general can only work if sponsored by an Indonesian based PT company . The exceptions came with Article 61 of UU no.6 , year 2011 (see below) .

2a1. Yes , your spouse needs 3 KITAS to be eligible for a work KITAP . You are eligible for an ex-Indonesian KITAP as soon as you get a KITAS .

2d. This is where the Regulation confuses me . It seems that you are eligible for a KITAS/KITAP (but it is not 100% clear to me) :
                  - as an ex-Indonesian ; and
                  - as wanting to join Indonesian : mother and/or father .

2e. I could not access that website . Please just describe it in your own words or make a copy of the information and paste here .

3a. So I think you can continue in the same way , regardless of who the sponsor is .

I was not sure because , for example , according to the Regulation the children are eligible for a KITAP if the mother or the father has a KITAP . If this is interpreted that the children can only request the KITAP when mother/father already has/have KITAP , your children KITAP could not be requested simultaneously with your KITAP , and this would cause a big problem if your KITAP is not issued before the children KITAS expire .

3b . Surat Permohonan is to be signed by the sponsor . I am not 100% sure but I think your KITAS/KITAP should be sponsored by your father , and the children's KITAS/KITAP should be sponsored by you .

4. See post no.7 above .

---------------------------------------

UU no.6 , Tahun 2011
                  Pasal 52
                  Izin Tinggal terbatas diberikan kepada:
                  e. Orang Asing yang kawin secara sah dengan warga negara Indonesia; atau
                  f. anak dari Orang Asing yang kawin secara sah dengan warga negara Indonesia.

Pasal 54
                  (1) Izin Tinggal Tetap dapat diberikan kepada:
                  a. ...
                  b. keluarga karena perkawinan campuran;
                  c. ...
                  d. Orang Asing eks warga negara Indonesia dan eks subjek anak berkewarganegaraan ganda Republik Indonesia.

Pasal 61
                  Pemegang Izin Tinggal terbatas sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 52 huruf e dan huruf f dan pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 54 ayat (1) huruf b dan huruf d dapat melakukan pekerjaan dan/atau usaha untuk memenuhi kebutuhan hidup dan/atau keluarganya.

Note : for those who don't understand Indonesian > Google Translate
                  Hi Marcus,

2d. Unfortunately I don't think I can use my dad as a sponsor as I just found out he is already planning his retirement and can't guarantee he'll be a WNI for the next 5 years Which was a bit of a bummer! However, my WNI aunt said yes to becoming my sponsor and guarantor.
                  Would she be allowed as a sponsor for an ex wni? Just got an an answer from Immigration Dirjen, and the answer is yes she is allowed. Just need to bring photocopy of her KTP, KK, and birth cert.

2e. Basically the thread argues that the company can provide one's IMTA and he/ she (the employee) can keep the spouse sponsored KITAP (or KITAS). Someone wrote that the immigration and Depnaker are aware of this and it is an accepted procedure. Procedurally, the company will just apply/ extend the IMTA and they will not do the KITAS step and that is it. When the extension of IMTA happens the company will extend the RPTKA in Depnaker in the province where the company - sponsor is, and the IMTA will be issued in Depnaker Jakarta (as extensions for IMTAs are in Depnaker Jakarta for KITAP holders).

"Immigration and Depnaker consider as legally acceptable IMTA+spouse (K)ITAS/(K)ITAP. These statements are from my personal case (I was a director on spouse KITAS&KITAP) and cases of others that I personally know (recent cases). My IMTA was one of the first issued to a case like mine and extended over time and Depnaker was aware of my status at the time.
                  They do not accept working on a formal position on spouse KITAS/KITAP (or KITAS/KITAP for ex Indonesians, the same rule applies)without a work permit and people were deported"

DirJen Immigration helpline confirmed this. Curious if Depnaker feels the same too.

3a. What we did was once my spouse got his ITAS ours (x3) were applied based on his and so we could leave and enter Indonesia together. We have just a bit over 4 months left on our KITAS now.

3b. In this case the surat permohonan would be signed by my aunt.

(III). We got our ITAS based on my spouse' ITAS and employment/ IMTA. However, in our visa sticker in the passport under annotation it says the name of the PT/ company. Does that mean that my non ex wni spouse is the sponsor, and would the surat alih sponsor request change of sponsor from my spouse to my aunt rather than the company to my aunt? Or perhaps I should write like what you suggested above (III) "Pak X (non WNI souse that is employed) signed below , will not sponsor Ibu Y anymore , and I don't have objection that Ibu Z (my aunt) becomes her sponsor from now on."

Many thanks Marcus! I bulked at the cost of using an agent for 4x applications. Would be so expensive and so I am determined to do it myself.
                  Last edited by marcelma; 23-01-18, 12:32. Reason: Additional info from Dirjen Immigration offic e

Comment

2d. ... my WNI aunt said yes to becoming my sponsor and guarantor. Would she be allowed as a sponsor for an ex wni?

2d1. Would I have to prove that we are related,

2d2. and do we need to show that we will be living in the same home? ...

2d3. The fact that she's a working single mum would not matter would it?

2d4. And would a copy of her bank savings book/ bank account statement be required I wonder?

2e. Basically the thread argues that the company can provide one's IMTA and he/ she (the employee) can keep the spouse sponsored KITAP (or KITAS) ... "Immigration and Depnaker consider as legally acceptable IMTA+spouse (K)ITAS/(K)ITAP ..."

3a. What we did was once my spouse got his ITAS ours (x3) were applied based on his and so we could leave and enter Indonesia together ...

3b. In this case the surat permohonan would be signed by my aunt.

(III). We got our ITAS based on my spouse' ITAS and employment/ IMTA. However, in our visa sticker in the passport under annotation it says the name of the PT/ company ...

2d. I think she can be your sponsor .

2d1. Probably yes .

2d2. Probably no .

2d3. No .

2d4. As far as I have heard , up to now , proof of financial situation has not been requested , but if requested and she has no proof , you can just open a bank account and put some money in it (I guess) . Otherwise ask Kantor Imigrasi if they can accept your own/your spouse's proof of financial situation .

2e. Maybe you misunderstood what this spouse KITAS or KITAP means . This KITAS or KITAP means one sponsored by an Indonesian spouse due to mix marriage between a foreigner and an Indonesian . This is one of the cases of the work privilege stated in Article 61 of UU no.6 , year 2011 that I showed you in post no.8 above . When you (but not your spouse) get an ex-Indonesian KITAP , you will have the same privilege .

3a. Are you saying that your spouse got his KITAS first , then later you and the children got your KITAS together ?

3b. Yes , if she is accepted as the sponsor .

(III) I didn't expect that . But if this happened , it means that the PT company sponsored all family , which is strange to me (in my view , your sponsor should be your spouse) . Anyway , ask your Kantor Imigrasi if it is correct that the sponsor of all you was the PT company , in order to have the correct signature in the surat permohonan pengalihan .

------------------------------------------

Be informed that if you don't intend to work in the future (to take benefit of Article 61 of UU6/2011) , your father doesn't intend to close his PT , and your spouse are sure to continue working as the PT director , in my view , there is no reason for you to change sponsor .
                    Last edited by marcus; 23-01-18, 10:49.

Comment

3a. Are you saying that your spouse got his KITAS first , then later you and the children got your KITAS together ?

3b. Yes , if she is accepted as the sponsor .

(III) I didn't expect that . But if this happened , it means that the PT company sponsored all family , which is strange to me (in my view , your sponsor should be your spouse) . Anyway , ask your Kantor Imigrasi if it is correct that the sponsor of all you was the PT company , in order to have the correct signature in the surat permohonan pengalihan .

------------------------------------------

3c. Be informed that if you don't intend to work in the future (to take benefit of Article 61 of UU6/2011) , your father doesn't intend to close his PT , and your spouse are sure to continue working as the PT director , in my view , there is no reason for you to change sponsor .

Hi Marcus,

3a. If I remember correctly when my spouse got the telex visa, the agent then applied for mine and the two kids, and that's why we could go out together, get the visa stickers and entered Indo together and get the KITAS processed together as well.

3b. She is

(III) went to the KanIm today and when the loket lady saw the visa sticker she said that it seems the company is the sponsor , and that I wonlt be able to do an alih sponsor.

3c. Do you mean that then I go straight to the alih status ITAS to ITAP as eks wni (318)? and then once I get the telex visa apply for my kids' the 317 persatuan keluarga visa?

When I went to the KanIm today the lady said I could not do an alih sponsor for the 318 visa because it is from a company to an individual. So she advised that I apply for the 318 repatriation visa online. Wait approx. 3 days for verification, and the 1 more week to get the telex. Go abroad get the visa sticker. Come back report get Surat Keterangan Domisili from Lurah and the get the KITAS. Then wait and start the KITAS process. My aunt can indeed be my sponsor.

However, when I asked about the kids application as dependants she said...best to apply theirs through your spouse still, because your aunt nor you would be able to sponsor nor apply for them. Or their grandad can. I was a bit surprised so I kindly ask her so in a situation where if I don't have any of my parents anymore and I am only coming with my two kids, the it means there is no way they could get a visa. I said as far as I now they can as my dependants. So I quicky whatsapp the dirjen imigrasi hotline and thankfully they came back pretty much right away saying:

Reptriation visa 318 will be given to the eks wni with aunt as the sponsor.
                      They need to go abroad to take the visa
                      Enter Indo to apply/ report to the KanIM (can be done online) to process get e-KITAS
                      Then the exks wni with the new KITAS can invite the kids to 'bergabug' to Indo using family reunion visa (317)
                      Kids take their visa, enter Indo, report/ apply to aprocess their E-KITAP

4a. When I showed the lady the whatsapp message then thankfully she said, that the dirjen have the final say and so it is allowed for the kids to have their visa applied as my dependant. But I think she may have mentioned that after waiting 1-2 months I coud apply for the ITAP. However, I think I could apply pretty much right away isn't it?

4b. And I wonder if whether during both the itas or itap process, once I get my telex visa I wonder if I could apply for the kids as well, so we can leave and enter the country together rather than having to make two separate trips? It seems like thats what the agent did previously for the four of us.

4c. Does the KanIm lady's suggestion of leaving my current KITAS as it is, apply for the 318 visa online, then once the telex visa is out get my old KITAS terminated at the EPO loket seems reasonable? She mentioned that after that is done, I then have 7 days to exit the country and get the ITAS. Will try to sponsor my kids after getting the telex visa if possible.

4d. Also with the repatriation visa, am a bit worried that I would have to sign a document saying that I will/ plan to become a wni. I'd just like to keep my option open. WIll they ask what is my purpose here to live or to become a wni? do I have to sort of answer towards the later as it is after all called a repatriation visa?

Thanks again! I thought today I could finally get the ball rolling but....oh well best to get it right I suppose

Comment

(IV) ... the loket lady saw the visa sticker she said that it seems the company is the sponsor , and that I wonlt be able to do an alih sponsor...

3c. Do you mean that then I go straight to the alih status ITAS to ITAP as eks wni (318)? and then once I get the telex visa apply for my kids' the 317 persatuan keluarga visa?

4a. ... However, I think I could apply pretty much right away isn't it?

4b. And I wonder if whether during both the itas or itap process, once I get my telex visa I wonder if I could apply for the kids as well, so we can leave and enter the country together rather than having to make two separate trips? It seems like thats what the agent did previously for the four of us.

4c. Does the KanIm lady's suggestion of leaving my current KITAS as it is, apply for the 318 visa online, then once the telex visa is out get my old KITAS terminated at the EPO loket seems reasonable? ...

4d. Also with the repatriation visa, am a bit worried that I would have to sign a document saying that I will/ plan to become a wni ...

(IV) I think the lady doesn't know much . As far as I know , sponsor change doesn't matter who is the present sponsor and who will be the next .

3c. No . What I meant is if you don't intend to work , doesn't matter which type of KITAS/KITAP you get . Why you want an ex-Indonesian KITAS/KITAP ?

4a. Yes , you can , but economically you are wasting money by not using the KITAS up to the expiry date . Is there a reason for the hurry ?

4b. Yes ! Once a poster said that the Directorate General told him/her to do that , so all family enter Indonesia together and have KITAS issued simultaneously .

4c. No , it is not reasonable . I still think you have the right to change sponsor . And also , think about continuing the way you are now (see 3c above) .

4d. I think you don't need to worry , it is only part of the bureaucracy , in my view . I didn't see any rule stating you have to regain Indonesian citizenship within x years .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...791#post421791 (KITAS spouse to company)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...or-transfer%29 , post no.2 (change company sponsor)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ng-the-country , post no.9 by Atlantis

Comment

(IV) I think the lady doesn't know much . As far as I know , sponsor change doesn't matter who is the present sponsor and who will be the next .

3c. No . What I meant is if you don't intend to work , doesn't matter which type of KITAS/KITAP you get . Why you want an ex-Indonesian KITAS/KITAP ?

4a. Yes , you can , but economically you are wasting money by not using the KITAS up to the expiry date . Is there a reason for the hurry ?

4b. Yes ! Once a poster said that the Directorate General told him/her to do that , so all family enter Indonesia together and have KITAS issued simultaneously .

4c. No , it is not reasonable . I still think you have the right to change sponsor . And also , think about continuing the way you are now (see 3c above) .

4d. I think you don't need to worry , it is only part of the bureaucracy , in my view . I didn't see any rule stating you have to regain Indonesian citizenship within x years .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...791#post421791 (KITAS spouse to company)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...or-transfer%29 , post no.2 (change company sponsor)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ng-the-country , post no.9 by Atlantis
                          Hi Marcus,

(IV) The lady said because it is from a PT to an individual and for a 318 repatriation visa. If the sponsor is my dad then I can. Later, I asked the Dirjen Imigrasi via Whatsapp if my visa is as a follower of my spouse who works at a PT can I alih sponsor to my aunt and they replied no. The reason being because ' beda peruntukan' different designation/ allocation. I am not sure because it is different allocation/designation of the visa or sponsor type from a company body to an individual. Or maybe she misunderstood? But the day before I did tell her about applying for the repatriation visa.

3c. Because with the KITAS I am on at the moment we have to extend it every year, and with the ex-Indonesian KITAS we can have it for 2 years. I asked two agents last year, the fact that my spouse is a Director shouldn't het get a 2 year work permit and KITAS, but they said no, maximum is 1 year. Not sure if it's true or it's just their way of getting more work.

4a. You are right. I was thinking the same yesterday, and decided to have it to the full and extend or do the alih status later on when it is about to expire.

4b. That's great

4c. Could a company sponsor an ex- Indonesian 318 repatriation visa?

Thanks!

Comment

(IV) The lady said because it is from a PT to an individual and for a 318 repatriation visa ...

(IVa) Later, I asked the Dirjen Imigrasi via Whatsapp if my visa is as a follower of my spouse who works at a PT can I alih sponsor to my aunt and they replied no. The reason being because ' beda peruntukan' different designation/ allocation ...

3c. Because with the KITAS ... we have to extend it every year, and with the ex-Indonesian KITAS we can have it for 2 years ...

4c. Could a company sponsor an ex- Indonesian 318 repatriation visa?

(IV) Maybe you should have mention only sponsor change . There is a form (Perdim 27) named "Formulir Perubahan Data Orang Asing" which states : "PERUBAHAN" , "PERUBAHAN BIASA" : "1. Alih sponsor" . In this Forum others had difficult to get it maybe because it is a lot of work for free , so no Kantor Imigrasi welcomes this kind of process . Besides that , it is not a common process , so many officers don't know about it .

Repatriation visa should not be mentioned as a KITAS is not a Visa , so changing a sponsor of a KITAS , you still end up with a KITAS .

(IVa) I also didn't understand what they mean by "beda peruntukan" . I would ask which Peraturan we should read about this "beda peruntukan" . There is high probability that people don't make a clear question , and/or who answers doesn't understand the question , and/or doesn't understand the subject (like that lady from Kantor Imigrasi , who probably doesn't know much about sponsor change) .

3c. If this is the only reason , forget about , because ex-Indonesian KITAS is for one year too (see below) . In terms of optimizing the time , you could still think about ex-Indonesian KITAS if your spouse is with the first KITAS , so it would still be a long time before a KITAP (with a ex-Indonesian KITAS you can get KITAP without waiting) .

With the present KITAS , your spouse can request a 5 year KITAP at the end of the 3rd KITAS , and you all can change to KITAP .

4c. No .

(Information from Kedutaan Besar Republik Indonesia di Berne)
                            Note : It may be outdated but I don't know any newer one .
                            ] ....
                            Temporary Stay Visa for working purposes may include:
                            a. Working as the World Trade Organization (WTO) expert with temporary stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years length of stay (Index 311); and
                            b. Working as experts with temporary stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year length of stay (Index 312) ...

Temporary Stay Visa for others non-working purposes may include:
                            a. Foreign Direct Investors with Temporary Stay Permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 313);
                            b. Foreign Direct Investors with Temporary Stay Permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 314);
                            c. Participating in training, or research with temporary stay permit for a maximum period of 1 year (Index 315);
                            d. undertaking education with temporary stay permit for a maximum period of 2 years (Index 316);
                            e. Family reunion with temporary stay permit for a maximum 1 year (Index 317);
                            f. Repatriation with temporary stay permit for a maximum 1 year (Index 318);
                            g. Lanjut Usia with temporary stay permit for a maximum 1 year (Index 319)...]

Comment

Marcelma , could you tell us :
                              1. the Watsapp no. of the DirJen Imigrasi ?
                              2. how did you get it ?
                              3. did you contacted them by text or voice ?

Comment

Working...
                              X