KITAP , my case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITAP , my case

I realise there have been many summaries of the KITAP process posted in here, but I thought I’d post mine anyway, as mine was done at Kantor Imigrasi in Mataram Lombok, where the process, make that the processing TIME, is very different …. 5 months from submission to completion. This is for a KITAP ikut suami, after having 2 KITAS. Apologies to those who already know this, or for whom it is totally irrelevant. Also, I'm very jealous of those of you who live in places where it does NOT take 5 months to process a KITAP application. I should say, mine was faster than others I have met here. Someone I know waited 7 months for the same thing a few months ago.
    1. 1st Visit to Immigration 11/08/2017: Picked up forms 24, 25 & 26, a Surat Pernyataan Integrasi, and a Surat Pernyataan dan Jaminan, together with a handwritten list of required documents (missing some items I knew should be on there). I was told to fill in the forms by hand, and submit them, together with originals of all required documents, and 3 photocopies of everything.
    2. 2nd Visit to Immigration 14/08/2017: Proudly handed over my neatly clipped-together piles of photocopies and a folder of original documents as instructed. Uh oh – I was incorrectly instructed to fill in by hand the Surat Pernyataan Integrasi and the Surat Pernyataan dan Jaminan. I was ordered to go home and type them up and then resubmit my application.
    3. 3rd Visit to Immigration 16/08/2017: I again proudly handed over my neatly clipped-together piles of photocopies and a folder of original documents and waited for what seemed like an eternity for the one lady who was able to help foreigners, to check my papers. All good. She told us to be on our way and to wait for a call from immigration for a house visit. And she forgot to give me my folder of original documents. When I politely asked for it, she handed it over minus my original Buku Nikah and my SKTT. When I asked politely for them, she stated that they are to be kept at imigrasi. WTF?
    4. House Visit 11/09/2017: Almost 4 weeks after submitting the KITAP application, the imigrasi guys called to ask if it was ok to come and visit us (which it was). They arrived, took lots of photos of us, and told me I had fulfilled all the requirements for my visa conversion, and they were waiting on a letter from the KUA confirming our marriage had taken place. I was asked to fill in and sign a form with questions like “Sudah berapa lama Anda kenal isteri/suami Anda?”, “Dimana dan sudah berapa lama Anda kawin?”, “Anda bekerja sebagai apa?”, “Dalam rangka apa Anda pindah ke Indonesia?”, “Sudah berapa lama Anda tinggal di Indonesia?” and “Dapatkah Anda menunjukkan dokumen yang benar di kantor Imigrasi?” and a few more. Then they told us we needed to get a letter stamped by the RT, but they had left it in the car (a long walk from our house) so said to forget about it. LOL.
    5. 4th Visit to Immigration 15/11/2017: 3 months after submitting the KITAP application, I got the call from Imigrasi to come and have the photo and biometrics done, and to take my special envelope to the Kantor Wilayah. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to pay that day, and didn’t have enough cash on me, so I went in anyway. They very kindly said that I could go ahead with the photo and biometrics, and then take the envelope to the Kantor Wilayah, and that I could pay later, once the application had returned from Jakarta. Yay! Since I was there anyway, I asked for the return of my original Buku Nikah and SKTT. They propmtly handed them over.
    6. 5th Visit to Immigration 27/12/2017: Got the call from imigrasi to come in and pay before the 29th as they would be closing for New Year. Paid Rp 5.505.000: E-KITAP Rp 3.700.000, MERP: Rp 1.750.000, BIOMETRICS Rp 55.000. I was told to expect a call in around a week to come in and pick up my passport and KITAP.
    7. 6th Visit to Immigration 16/01/2018: 3 weeks after paying (and being told to expect a call in around a week) I decided to go in and check on my KITAP progress myself. My husband objected (said I needed to be ‘sabar’), but he lost the argument, so we went in anyway and I politely asked if my passport and KITAP were ready. Fifteen minutes passed, and then I was called up. My passport, KITAP and MERP were all ready. They forgot to call me!!! She handed them over and I almost cried. Five months to the day since the application was submitted, I am now a member of the KITAP club.

Congratulations !

(a) Could you tell us if Immigration specifically asked for the SKTT ?

(b) Did they ask for Surat Domisili too ?

(c) Didn't they give you a second envelope to be sent to Jakarta's Directorate General ?

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
      Congratulations !

(a) Could you tell us if Immigration specifically asked for the SKTT ?

(b) Did they ask for Surat Domisili too ?

(c) Didn't they give you a second envelope to be sent to Jakarta's Directorate General ?
      Thank you! I'm still smiling If it wasn't raining so hard, I would be out celebrating right now

To answer your questions:

(a) The SKTT was on the handwritten list of required documents I was given on my first visit back in August.

(b) They did not ask for the Surat Domisili, but since I had already made one because I thought they would ask for it, I gave it to them anyway.

(c) I was given one large sealed envelope, and was told to take it to Kantor Wilayah HAM, and we arrived there 2 minutes before their istirahat time, so they dealt with us very quickly!

I was trying to attach a photo of the handwritten list of required documents that I was given by imigrasi in August, but I cannot seem to attach an image to my post.

Comment

Good morning from Batu,near Malang City. I was very interested to read your post, thank you for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnmm1960 View Post
          Good morning from Batu,near Malang City. I was very interested to read your post, thank you for posting.
          Nothing to do with the kitap , but I was interested to read your living in Batu , freezing up there, il bet you need some kind of heating , sorry to be off topic.

Comment

Good morning, actually my wife complains it is too cold here! but having recently been visiting family back in Scotland where it was minus temperatures!! I am feeling a bit hot and there are now several (friendly) arguments about having the aircon on..(where are you located)

Comment

Ah of course it feels it feels like home in Batu being from the cold north of uk , im a scouser so not so hardy as the scots, I developed a taste for warmer climes in Africa 35 years ago ,I spent a week in Batu working a year ago ,bloody freezin ! I picked the hotel in Batu bcs it said they had heating but in fact the description was wrong ,the room was like a fridge , Build a nice wood fire for your wife Im sure she will appreciate it , im in bali so no need .

Comment

Bali, we like to visit too, especially when we have family and friends over to indonesia for the first time, did you see my post regarding the Kitap? I have 2 passports and wondered if i could use one of them for the Kitap process whilst i use the other for travelling overseas. Do you know what i mean? Or is this logic not going to work here? (i'm 10 years here)

Comment

Ya I understand 2 uk passports , I used to have 15 years ago as 1 was always in visa applications , Im not sure its strictly kosher here because of problems you may have on entry with your spare passport , ya your entitled to free visa on entry but they may ask for a return ticket , thats the only problem I could forsee .

Bear in mind you may have to be present at various times during the process for visits to immigration and perhaps a home visit.

Comment

Yes i can see your point. Thank you for that.

Comment

Hi. Speaking about SKTT. How about a SKTT for child under 18yo who holds a KITAP for unlimited time? Will the child get SKTT valid for 5 years?

Comment

Originally posted by spring11 View Post
                        ... How about a SKTT for child under 18yo who holds a KITAP for unlimited time? Will the child get SKTT valid for 5 years?

"SKTT" is for KITAS holders . The equivalent for KITAP holders is the "KTP WNA" (will get a "KK WNA" too) . I don't know its validity in this case (it may be 5 years or unlimited) .

Note : WNA = Warga Negara Asing = foreigner
                        Last edited by marcus; 6 days ago.

Comment

Hi, Marcus. Thank you for your reply. We happen to live in Bekasi city, nearby East Jakarta.
                          ​​To be honest, our case is really confusing. My personal understanding, the validation of either SKTT/KTP-OA their each validations are depending on the validity of the Stay Permits which are KITAS=SKTT valid for 1 year/KITAP=KTP-OA valid for 5 years. So i suppose, in the case wna child under 18yo & not yet married who holds a KITAP will get a SKTT valid for 5 years (the same validation with its Stay Permit/KITAP). If not, it would be a burden to have a KITAP valid for unlimited time (to report every 5 years) but have to renew the SKTT every single year before reach 17yo to be able to have a KK & KTP-OA.
                          I've tried to do some research, but so far found no luck. No Laws mentioned anything regarding KITAP holder under 18yo in relation with SKTT.
                          And the Catatan Sipil officer in our area insists that SKTT valid only for 1 year, even though for a KITAP holder
                          But the funny thing is, years ago when when we use an agent to process our child's SKTT, they always gave us SKTT valid for 1 year. And when i finally decided to come down to Catatan Sipil office by myself 2 years ago and questioning why the SKTT for KITAP holder valid for 1 year only, then the Catatan Sipil gave us a SKTT valid for 2 years (valid exactly following the validation date of our child's KITAP) eventhough the Officer who passed us the SKTT verbally mentioned it is valid for 1 year.
                          Obviously between the Officer who passes & the person who produces the SKTT had a different understanding..??
                          I wonder if anyone ever have the same case with ours..o​​r...have ever read the Law regarding this matter?
                          I would be very greatfull for any further informations on this one.

Comment

Spring11 , the Law no.23/2006 (still not revised as far as I know) states what I said in my post above . Before you , I never heard of anybody holding a KITAP but getting a SKTT .

In my city's Regulation , it states that the holder of KITAP who is married or completed 17 y.o. must have a KTP . But it states nothing , otherwise (see below) . I guess the officers don't know the Law and did that probably because your city's Regulation is similar to my city's Regulation and they didn't know what to do in cases where the foreigner is below 17 y.o.

If you read the Law (UU 23/2006 , see below) , it does not state any age limit . The age limit , seems to be stated only in each city's Regulation .

So , because the Law has priority over a city's Regulation , I understand that the Catatan Sipil's officer should issue a KTP WNA to your child , not a SKTT .

Anyway , I would not fight for either a longer SKTT or a KTP WNA unless your child really needs it (I guess many don't bother getting them) . The few uses I foresee for your child : carry its copy instead of a copy of the passport and , maybe , use the NIK in SKTT/KTP for registering hand-phone no. in his/her own name (not much , isn't it ?) .

UU no.23 Tahun 2006
                            Pasal 20
                            (1) Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Terbatas yang datang dari luar negeri dan Orang Asing yang memiliki izin lainnya yang telah berubah status sebagai pemegang Izin Tinggal Terbatas yang berencana bertempat tinggal di wilayah Negara Kesatuan Republik Indonesia wajib melaporkan kepada Instansi Pelaksana paling lambat 14 (empat belas) hari sejak diterbitkan Izin Tinggal Terbatas.
                            (Foreigners holding KITAS must report to Catatan Sipil within 14 days after the ITAS is issued)

(2) Berdasarkan laporan sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1), Instansi Pelaksana mendaftar dan menerbitkan SKTT/Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal.
                            (From the reporting above mentioned , Catatan Sipil issues a SKTT)

(3) Masa berlaku Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (2) disesuaikandengan masa berlaku Izin Tinggal Terbatas.
                            (The SKTT's validity is according to the KITAS's validity)

(4) ...

Pasal 21
                            (1) Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Terbatas yang telah berubah status menjadi Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Tetap wajib melaporkan kepada Instansi Pelaksana paling lambat 14 (empat belas) hari sejak diterbitkan Izin Tinggal Tetap.
                            (Foreigners holding KITAP must report to Catatan Sipil within 14 days after the ITAP is issued)

(2) Berdasarkan laporan sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1), Instansi Pelaksana mendaftar dan menerbitkan KK dan KTP.
                            (From the reporting above mentioned , Catatan Sipil issues a KK and a KTP)

----------------------------------------------------

PERATURAN DAERAH KOTA BANDUNG NOMOR: 08 TAHUN 2012
                            TENTANG PENYELENGGARAAN ADMINISTRASI KEPENDUDUKAN
                            Pasal 19
                            1- Penduduk WNI yang telah berumur 17 (tujuh belas) tahun atau telah kawin atau pernah kawin wajib memiliki KTP.

2- Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Tetap yang telah berumur 17 (tujuh belas) tahun atau telah kawin atau pernah kawin wajib memiliki KTP.
                            (Foreigners holding a KITAP aged 17 or older , or married , must have a KTP)
                            Pasal 20
                            1- KTP untuk WNI berlaku selama masa waktu 5 (lima) tahun kecuali terjadi perubahan data.
                            2- ...
                            3- Masa berlaku KTP untuk Orang Asing Tinggal Tetap disesuaikan berlakunya Izin Tinggal Tetap.
                            (The foreigner's KTP has the validity according to the validity of the KITAP)

Note : Google Translate , if necessary
                            Last edited by marcus; 2 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                              Spring11 , the Law no.23/2006 (still not revised as far as I know) states what I said in my post above . Before you , I never heard of anybody holding a KITAP but getting a SKTT .

In my city's Regulation , it states that the holder of KITAP who is married or completed 17 y.o. must have a KTP . But it states nothing , otherwise (see below) . I guess the officers don't know the Law and did that probably because your city's Regulation is similar to my city's Regulation and they didn't know what to do in cases where the foreigner is below 17 y.o.

If you read the Law , it does not state any age limit . The age limit , seems to be stated only in each city's Regulation .

So , because the Law has priority over a city's Regulation , I understand that the Catatan Sipil's officer should issue a KTP WNA to your child , not a SKTT .

Anyway , I would not fight for either a longer SKTT or a KTP WNA unless your child really needs it (I guess many don't bother getting them) . The few uses I foresee for your child : carry its copy instead of a copy of the passport and , maybe , use the NIK in SKTT/KTP for registering hand-phone no. in his/her own name (not much , isn't it ?) .

UU no.23 Tahun 2006
                              Pasal 20
                              (1) Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Terbatas yang datang dari luar negeri dan Orang Asing yang memiliki izin lainnya yang telah berubah status sebagai pemegang Izin Tinggal Terbatas yang berencana bertempat tinggal di wilayah Negara Kesatuan Republik Indonesia wajib melaporkan kepada Instansi Pelaksana paling lambat 14 (empat belas) hari sejak diterbitkan Izin Tinggal Terbatas.
                              (Foreigners holding KITAS must report to Catatan Sipil within 14 days after the ITAS is issued)

(2) Berdasarkan laporan sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1), Instansi Pelaksana mendaftar dan menerbitkan SKTT/Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal.
                              (From the reporting above mentioned , Catatan Sipil issues a SKTT)

(3) Masa berlaku Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (2) disesuaikandengan masa berlaku Izin Tinggal Terbatas.
                              (The SKTT's validity is according to the KITAS's validity)

(4) ...

Pasal 21
                              (1) Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Terbatas yang telah berubah status menjadi Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Tetap wajib melaporkan kepada Instansi Pelaksana paling lambat 14 (empat belas) hari sejak diterbitkan Izin Tinggal Tetap.
                              (Foreigners holding KITAP must report to Catatan Sipil within 14 days after the ITAP is issued)

(2) Berdasarkan laporan sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1), Instansi Pelaksana mendaftar dan menerbitkan KK dan KTP.
                              (From the reporting above mentioned , Catatan Sipil issues a KK and a KTP)

----------------------------------------------------

PERATURAN DAERAH KOTA BANDUNG NOMOR: 08 TAHUN 2012
                              TENTANG PENYELENGGARAAN ADMINISTRASI KEPENDUDUKAN
                              Pasal 19
                              1- Penduduk WNI yang telah berumur 17 (tujuh belas) tahun atau telah kawin atau pernah kawin wajib memiliki KTP.

2- Orang Asing yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Tetap yang telah berumur 17 (tujuh belas) tahun atau telah kawin atau pernah kawin wajib memiliki KTP.
                              (Foreigners holding a KITAP aged 17 or older , or married , must have a KTP)
                              Pasal 20
                              1- KTP untuk WNI berlaku selama masa waktu 5 (lima) tahun kecuali terjadi perubahan data.
                              2- ...
                              3- Masa berlaku KTP untuk Orang Asing Tinggal Tetap disesuaikan berlakunya Izin Tinggal Tetap.
                              (The foreigner's KTP has the validity according to the validity of the KITAP)

Note : Google Translate , if necessary
                              Hi, Marcus.
                              Our child was born in Indonesia on Sep 2002, and has been living in Indonesia ever since as a non-dual citizenship.
                              After 5 consecutive years, eligible to have KITAP.
                              After KITAP I & KITAP II (valid until Aug 2018).
                              Three months prior to KITAP II expiry, we renewed our child's KITAP and got a KITAP for unlimited time on this his early June.
                              On the other hand, our child's SKTT from the previous KITAP II is still valid until Aug 2018 (its validity ends on the same date with the KITAP II validity).

That means we would have to renew our child's SKTT for another couple of time (Aug 2018 - Aug 2019, & Aug 2019 - 2020) before able to get KK & KTP OA on 17yo (Sep 2019)?

We still have no plans yet to live other than in indonesia, so i suppose our child would still need the SKTT? and to have KK & KTP OA in the future?
                              > to avoid the penalty of not having SKTT/ KK & KTP OA,
                              > to report to immigration every 5 years (documents needed to be submitted with no fee, said immigration officer in our area),
                              > to be able to oprn bank account, driver's lisences.

Comment

Working...
                              X