KITAP , my case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITAP , my case

I realise there have been many summaries of the KITAP process posted in here, but I thought I’d post mine anyway, as mine was done at Kantor Imigrasi in Mataram Lombok, where the process, make that the processing TIME, is very different …. 5 months from submission to completion. This is for a KITAP ikut suami, after having 2 KITAS. Apologies to those who already know this, or for whom it is totally irrelevant. Also, I'm very jealous of those of you who live in places where it does NOT take 5 months to process a KITAP application. I should say, mine was faster than others I have met here. Someone I know waited 7 months for the same thing a few months ago.
    1. 1st Visit to Immigration 11/08/2017: Picked up forms 24, 25 & 26, a Surat Pernyataan Integrasi, and a Surat Pernyataan dan Jaminan, together with a handwritten list of required documents (missing some items I knew should be on there). I was told to fill in the forms by hand, and submit them, together with originals of all required documents, and 3 photocopies of everything.
    2. 2nd Visit to Immigration 14/08/2017: Proudly handed over my neatly clipped-together piles of photocopies and a folder of original documents as instructed. Uh oh – I was incorrectly instructed to fill in by hand the Surat Pernyataan Integrasi and the Surat Pernyataan dan Jaminan. I was ordered to go home and type them up and then resubmit my application.
    3. 3rd Visit to Immigration 16/08/2017: I again proudly handed over my neatly clipped-together piles of photocopies and a folder of original documents and waited for what seemed like an eternity for the one lady who was able to help foreigners, to check my papers. All good. She told us to be on our way and to wait for a call from immigration for a house visit. And she forgot to give me my folder of original documents. When I politely asked for it, she handed it over minus my original Buku Nikah and my SKTT. When I asked politely for them, she stated that they are to be kept at imigrasi. WTF?
    4. House Visit 11/09/2017: Almost 4 weeks after submitting the KITAP application, the imigrasi guys called to ask if it was ok to come and visit us (which it was). They arrived, took lots of photos of us, and told me I had fulfilled all the requirements for my visa conversion, and they were waiting on a letter from the KUA confirming our marriage had taken place. I was asked to fill in and sign a form with questions like “Sudah berapa lama Anda kenal isteri/suami Anda?”, “Dimana dan sudah berapa lama Anda kawin?”, “Anda bekerja sebagai apa?”, “Dalam rangka apa Anda pindah ke Indonesia?”, “Sudah berapa lama Anda tinggal di Indonesia?” and “Dapatkah Anda menunjukkan dokumen yang benar di kantor Imigrasi?” and a few more. Then they told us we needed to get a letter stamped by the RT, but they had left it in the car (a long walk from our house) so said to forget about it. LOL.
    5. 4th Visit to Immigration 15/11/2017: 3 months after submitting the KITAP application, I got the call from Imigrasi to come and have the photo and biometrics done, and to take my special envelope to the Kantor Wilayah. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to pay that day, and didn’t have enough cash on me, so I went in anyway. They very kindly said that I could go ahead with the photo and biometrics, and then take the envelope to the Kantor Wilayah, and that I could pay later, once the application had returned from Jakarta. Yay! Since I was there anyway, I asked for the return of my original Buku Nikah and SKTT. They propmtly handed them over.
    6. 5th Visit to Immigration 27/12/2017: Got the call from imigrasi to come in and pay before the 29th as they would be closing for New Year. Paid Rp 5.505.000: E-KITAP Rp 3.700.000, MERP: Rp 1.750.000, BIOMETRICS Rp 55.000. I was told to expect a call in around a week to come in and pick up my passport and KITAP.
    7. 6th Visit to Immigration 16/01/2018: 3 weeks after paying (and being told to expect a call in around a week) I decided to go in and check on my KITAP progress myself. My husband objected (said I needed to be ‘sabar’), but he lost the argument, so we went in anyway and I politely asked if my passport and KITAP were ready. Fifteen minutes passed, and then I was called up. My passport, KITAP and MERP were all ready. They forgot to call me!!! She handed them over and I almost cried. Five months to the day since the application was submitted, I am now a member of the KITAP club.

Congratulations !

(a) Could you tell us if Immigration specifically asked for the SKTT ?

(b) Did they ask for Surat Domisili too ?

(c) Didn't they give you a second envelope to be sent to Jakarta's Directorate General ?

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
      Congratulations !

(a) Could you tell us if Immigration specifically asked for the SKTT ?

(b) Did they ask for Surat Domisili too ?

(c) Didn't they give you a second envelope to be sent to Jakarta's Directorate General ?
      Thank you! I'm still smiling If it wasn't raining so hard, I would be out celebrating right now

To answer your questions:

(a) The SKTT was on the handwritten list of required documents I was given on my first visit back in August.

(b) They did not ask for the Surat Domisili, but since I had already made one because I thought they would ask for it, I gave it to them anyway.

(c) I was given one large sealed envelope, and was told to take it to Kantor Wilayah HAM, and we arrived there 2 minutes before their istirahat time, so they dealt with us very quickly!

I was trying to attach a photo of the handwritten list of required documents that I was given by imigrasi in August, but I cannot seem to attach an image to my post.

Comment

Good morning from Batu,near Malang City. I was very interested to read your post, thank you for posting.

Comment

Working...
        X