Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confused with KTP/KK WNA

Hi,
    my kitap just been granted, was a bit complicated as we are now living at a different adress than my indonesian wife adress on her Bali KTP/KK (in the same village, just different banjar).

Kitap has been processed at the adress where we live.

As i understood, the KK must be done first.

1) to process my KK at the catatan sipil, which adress should i give (where we live or my wife ktp adress)?

2) if i give the one where we live, i think it cannot work as it ll not match with my wife adress on her KK, is it right?

3) if i give the one of her KK adress, won't it be complicated to process my KTP wna after ?

4)If i process all (KK/KTP wna) at her KTP/KK adress, the process will be easier, but then i m worry with the immigration, by having documents not matching with the living adress i processed my kitap with.

5) is a surat pindah alamat is as easy with kitap as it is with kitas (or do they come to check the home/adress again cause it s a kitap )?

can you guys advice me on this please?

thanks for your time.

Seems to me the best way would be your wife should change her KTP to reflect her true address which she legally is obliged to do anyway. Once that's done you can then apply, correctly, using your actual address which is your Kitap address, as you have stated.

Comment

The difficulty is the kk always follows the wifes ktp ,Ya if its possible change the ktp address but I know in some parts of bali its difficult if you rent , qualification period ie 5 / 7 or more years ,this is even true if you own.

Comment

Thanks for your answer, the only thing is my wife doesn t want to change her adress on ktp kk as it s her banjar adress and she has a house there, this adress where we live now is a contract land where we have our small house...that s what makes it confusing...

Comment

Originally posted by devandara View Post
          Thanks for your answer, the only thing is my wife doesn t want to change her adress on ktp kk as it s her banjar adress and she has a house there, this adress where we live now is a contract land where we have our small house...that s what makes it confusing...
          Why not ask your wife to explain why she doesn't want to change her KTP from a place where she doesn't live to where she does and see how that goes down with Indonesian bureaucrats. Then you will be able to comply with their requirements...QED.

Comment

Originally posted by Davita View Post

Why not ask your wife to explain why she doesn't want to change her KTP from a place where she doesn't live to where she does and see how that goes down with Indonesian bureaucrats. Then you will be able to comply with their requirements...QED.
            Hi Davita, yes indeed we will explain to it at the catatan sipil see how it goes (immigration understood), the reason is that she (and her family) belongs to a banjar and don t want to "go out" from it, thing that i understand too.

Comment

(I) As i understood, the KK must be done first.

1) to process my KK at the catatan sipil, which adress should i give (where we live or my wife ktp adress)?

2) if i give the one where we live, i think it cannot work as it ll not match with my wife adress on her KK, is it right?

3) if i give the one of her KK adress, won't it be complicated to process my KTP wna after ?

4)If i process all (KK/KTP wna) at her KTP/KK adress, the process will be easier, but then i m worry with the immigration, by having documents not matching with the living adress i processed my kitap with.

5) is a surat pindah alamat is as easy with kitap as it is with kitas (or do they come to check the home/adress again cause it s a kitap )?

(I) Depend on each city . Here in Bandung , I just went to Kantor Catatan Sipil and said I want to register my KITAP . In just one process they issued both the KK Orang Asing and the KTP Orang Asing , simultaneously .

1) I think the address need to be the same in all required documents : in my case , Surat Domisili , Police's STM/Surat Tanda Melapor , spouse's KK & KTP .

2) Probably it will not work , but it is not impossible make it work or the officer doesn't notice .

3) Theoretically you should also get the other required documents with the wife's KK/KTP address .

4) I would not worry about that . These 2 government offices , as far as I know , don't exchange information . The only problem I see is if Immigration requires the KTP OA as one of the documents for your KITAP extension (some few members have recently told us that for their KITAS extension , Immigration has required the Catatan Sipil's SKTT which is what is required for KITAS holder , similar to the KTP OA for KITAP holder (I extended my KITAS 4 months ago , but I was not required to present the SKTT) .

Warning : It is a must to have the real address at the Immigration (it is a crime otherwise , after 60 days of an address change) .

But I am not aware of any penalty for not updating the address in a KTP and many Indonesians don't update .

-------------------------------------------

If it becomes too hard to get your KTP OA & KK OA , you can just forget about getting them . Although a Law requires you to get them , it is not a crime by not getting them (there is a penalty but in almost 20 years in Indonesia , I never heard of somebody having to pay this penalty ) . And for most people , these documents are useless as most Indonesian businesses don't know about them , so the KITAS/KITAP are the ones we are always required to present , in banks , for example (one of the few cases where you need to have the KTP OA is if you want to register a car/motorcycle in your own name) .
              Last edited by marcus; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

(I) Depend on each city . Here in Bandung , I just went to Kantor Catatan Sipil and said I want to register my KITAP . In just one process they issued both the KK Orang Asing and the KTP Orang Asing , simultaneously .

1) I think the address need to be the same in all required documents : in my case , Surat Domisili , Police's STM/Surat Tanda Melapor , spouse's KK & KTP .

2) Probably it will not work , but it is not impossible make it work or the officer doesn't notice .

3) Theoretically you should also get the other required documents with the wife's KK/KTP address .

4) I would not worry about that . These 2 government offices , as far as I know , don't exchange information . The only problem I see is if Immigration requires the KTP Orang Asing as one of the documents for the KITAP extension (some few members have recently told us that for their KITAS extension , Immigration has required the Catatan Sipil's SKTT which is equivalent of the KTP Orang Asing (I extended my KITAS 4 months ago , but I was not required to present the SKTT) .

Warning : It is a must to have the real address at the Immigration (it is a crime otherwise , after 60 days of an address change) .

But I am not aware of any penalty for not updating the address in a KTP and many Indonesians don't update .

-------------------------------------------

If it become too hard to get your KTP OA & KK OA , you can just forget about getting it . Although a Law requires you to get them , it is not a crime by not getting them (there is a penalty but in almost 20 years in Indonesia , I never heard of somebody having to pay this penalty . And for most people , these documents are useless as most Indonesian businesses don't know about them , so the KITAS/KITAP are the ones we are always required to present (one of the few cases where you need to have the KTP OA is if you want to register a car/motorcycle in your own name) .

Thanks Marcus for those informations, i ll update as soon as i process it, maybe it could be useful for other people in the futur

Comment

can you guys advice me on this please?
                  I would suggest, if address on your wife's KTP/KK is of her parents than go ahead with that address, it will be lot more easier and hassle free.

Comment

Hi, for update, yesterday i met the kepala dinas pendudukan at the catatan sipil,
                    he told me to process everything at my wife ktp kk adress.
                    much more easy indeed.
                    thanks for’your infos’guys, hopefully it can help
                    someone else
                    in the futur

Comment

Working...
                    X