Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

valid KITAP and invalid passport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • valid KITAP and invalid passport

    hello, everyone i would like to ask about
    if someone has a valid kitap but his passport will be expired before his kitap by 2 years.
    he also do not plan to go of Indonesia
    is it legal to live in Indonesia with expired passport but a valid kitap?
    what kind of problems that he will get ?

    and just in case if you asked why he can`t renew his passport from his embassy here?
    the answer is he can not ,he has to do it from his country.
    why he not just back to his country and renew it over there then he can return here again?
    he not want do that because something related to his country laws and he should wait a year so then he can return use * temporary travel document* from his embassy direct to his home
    where is he from? its not necessary
    he just want to know if that can cause his problems or not
    thanks for you all
    any few information and help will be very appreciated ^_^

  • #2
    Originally posted by wanttoknow View Post
    ... is it legal to live in Indonesia with expired passport but a valid kitap? ...

    I think it is legal , but I am not 100% sure because I didn't see anything about it in the Immigration Law (UU no.6 , Tahun 2011) or Regulations (PP no.31 , Tahun 2013 , PerMen no.27 , Tahun 2014 , Petunjuk Pelaksanaan IMI-GR.01.013-3849 , Tahun 2016) , although I didn't read them fully and there are other Regulations that I didn't read at all .

    Comment


    • #3
      KITAP is the legal Indonesian government's permission to live in Indonesia . Without a passport you would be lacking an identity document , but as alternative for the passport (I assume) you have a KTP Orang Asing , required for foreigners holding KITAP .


      http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...assport./page2 (post no.20 , document foreigners need to carry in Indonesia)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by marcus View Post


        I think it is legal , but I am not 100% sure because I didn't see anything about it in the Immigration Law (UU no.6 , Tahun 2011) or Regulations (PP no.31 , Tahun 2013 , PerMen no.27 , Tahun 2014 , Petunjuk Pelaksanaan IMI-GR.01.013-3849 , Tahun 2016) , although I didn't read them fully and there are other Regulations that I didn't read at all .
        he asked someone work in the immigration office he told him its illegal to satay if your passport expired that means your KITAP expired too ,they did not tell him why its illegal or what kind of the problems he will facing , another person told him it could be like over stay and you should pay for every day you late 300.000 for 2 months if more will be a serious problem so he is confused

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by marcus View Post
          KITAP is the legal Indonesian government's permission to live in Indonesia . Without a passport you would be lacking an identity document , but as alternative for the passport (I assume) you have a KTP Orang Asing , required for foreigners holding KITAP .


          http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...assport./page2 (post no.20 , document foreigners need to carry in Indonesia)
          yep he do hold a KTP but is it enough or he should show his passport too , what if they asked him to show his passport then they found it expired is that a problem or not ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wanttoknow View Post
            (1) he asked someone work in the immigration office he told him its illegal to stay ... they did not tell him why its illegal ...

            (2) if your passport expired that means your KITAP expired too ...

            (3) another person told him it could be like over stay and you should pay for every day you late 300.000 for 2 months ...

            (4) ... what if they asked him to show his passport then they found it expired is that a problem or not ?

            (1) In relation to that , I don't believe in anybody who does not tell why . If he is in Jakarta , better ask the Immigration Directorate General's Office . Otherwise ask the Immigration Regional Office (Kantor Wilayah) i the Province capital city , or the chief of Kantor Imigrasi . Always be sure to get the Article of the Law/Regulation that is related to the case .

            (2) This is not true . A foreign passport is a document from the foreigner's country , so independent of the Indonesian Permanent Stay Permit (ITAP/KITAP) . Many members of this Forum (including me) already entered Indonesia using a valid ITAS (also an Indonesian Stay Permit) stamped in a cancelled passport .

            (3) Not true (see below related rule about overstaying) . Overstaying occurs when foreigners are in Indonesia with expired Stay Permit , not expired passport .

            (4) In almost 20 years in Indonesia I was asked for a copy of the passport only in banks/money changer (airliners , hotels , ... can also ask for it) , and in some cases I presented alternative identity cards without problem . If accused of illegal situation , ask for the Law related to that (as one can see the Law in the link I posted in post no.3 , what is required by Indonesian law in his case , is the KTP Orand Asing) .


            -----------------------------------------


            UU no.6 TAHUN 2011 About Immigration
            Article 78
            (1) Foreigners with expired Stay Permit but still in Indonesia for less than 60 (sixty) days after the limit date will be charged in accordance with the provisions of legislation (overstay fine of Rp300k per day).

            (2) Foreigners who do not pay the cost burden referred to in paragraph (1) will be subjected to Administrative measures of Immigration deportation and blacklisting.

            (3) Foreigners with expired Stay Permit still in Indonesia for more than 60 (sixty) days after the limit date will be subjected to Administrative Immigration measures of deportation and blacklisting.

            Comment

            Working...
            X