Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received the retirement KITAP, what next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received the retirement KITAP, what next?

Hi all,

Hope someone knowledgeable can assist me with some of my questions.

What are you supposed to do after you receive your retirement KITAP? what are the other documents you're supposed to get/apply for? like the KK etc..

My Father is on a 5 year Retirement KITAP, with 11 months left (has been 4yrs already). An agent paid for the KITAP, jumped hoops to get it because he's been promising my Father for years (and in turn, used up my Father's money). This means my Father received the KITAP without fulfilling some of the official requirements, probably through the agents bribery, and because my Father can't fulfil some of the requirements (to do with the house and pembantu).

The problem is age, he's forgot and has no idea how he did it while the agent has long disappeared. He has a yellow card which is his KITAP, and that's it. He mentioned some type of blue book he also had but he's not sure where it is.

What documents do I need to get for him before the retirement KITAP expires, and will extending the KITAP be very difficult in this current state?

If the original agent isn't available you will need to get another agent to complete the application for his second Kitap.....which will last forever.
    From your description he may be very old and a 'forever' Kitap (expensive) may not be in his best interest. I suggest you ask the agent if going back to an annual Kitas (cheaper) might be more suitable for him.
    Either way you need to provide all the documents and info you and he has in possession.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Davita.

So far agents are quoting around 20 million, which is physically impossible for me.. I'll see my options.. I can still try manage to get 8-15 million before his KITAP expires. I just want to make sure and know the procedure after getting the retirement KITAP, because my Father says he never received a KK, which I think he should have, amongst other documents. I'd rather go through a big headache as long as I know it's possible, by doing it myself, and learning the process in doing so. I do understand that for anything retirement related:
      1. Tourists over the age of 55 years applying for a KITAS must provide a sponsor letter from a licenced travel bureau which has an official letter from The Ministry of Tourism.
      So I think you still can only do it through an agent.

Comment

An agent is mandatory to apply for a retirement Kitas/Kitap...there is no choice. The agent must be licensed by the Minister of Tourism as the agent is, in effect, the sponsor.
        I doubt your dad ever got a KK as that is only issued to families...I'm also on a retirement Kitap and have never had a KK.
        The 2nd Kitap is expensive as it lasts a lifetime...that's why I suggested paying for an annual Kitas as it only requires an annual fee.....if your father dies it expires. BTW, please don't take this too harsh...I'm over 80 and in the same boat and considering the same if I survive till the end on my current Kitap.

Comment

Hi, I may be able to shed a little light for you on this subject. Not withstanding your problem of an agent. I can tell you from a friends experience last year, that Imigrasi will accept an application to renew a KITAP for a further period of five years. It is not mandatory to take an open dated extension. I would however suggest that you check this because the rules and regulations are constantly updated. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by UseJustEnough View Post
            (1) What are you supposed to do after you receive your retirement KITAP? ... My Father is on a 5 year Retirement KITAP, with 11 months left (has been 4yrs already) ...

(2) ... blue book he also had but he's not sure where it is.

(3) What documents do I need to get for him before the retirement KITAP expires,

(4) and will extending the KITAP be very difficult in this current state?

(1) One is required by Law to get a KTP Orang Asing + a KK Orang Asing , but in this case I think it is not worth to request them anymore .

(2) Luckily there is no penalty for losing it , as far as I know . But if he loses the KITAP (card) , it will cost him Rp3 million (paper card) / 3.2 million (plastic card) .

(3) See list below .

(4) If the only problem is the disappeared agent , you can hire a new one . If the disappeared agent was also the real sponsor , then it may be more complicated , if possible , the new agent need to do a sponsor change too .

Davita has a good point . The extension is a lot more expensive than the original KITAP (I think the 20 million price you got is not correct , it will cost a lot more - be informed that even for the original KITAP that is cheaper , 20 million is lower than what people have been telling in this Forum) , so your father should decide if it is worth (for example , if he stay out of Indonesia for more than one year , he also loses this expensive KITAP) .

Another thing , from your posts in the other thread I notice that you mother is Indonesian , is your father still married with your Indonesian mother ?

---------------------------------

1. letter of Guarantee from tourism travel agency that has an operation license in accordance with the provision of laws and regulations;
            2. Legal Nationality Passport and still valid;
            3. statement letter concerning fund availability to fulfill his/her living needs while staying in Indonesia the pension fund institution or bank in his/her origin country or in Indonesia (minimum of USD1'500 per month) ;
            4. health insurance police, death police, and legal liability insurance to third party in civil sector;
            5. written statement to live within means of available accommodation while in Indonesia, either obtained by rent, lease, or purchase (rent of USD500 per month minimum in Bali) ; and
            6. statement letter to employ informal workers of Indonesian citizenship .

Comment

Marcus has quite correctly identified what the requirements are under the law.

But....before you start tearing your hair out you should select an agent you are happy with and provide all the documents you have and ask what they can do for you. Recognized agents have some latitude in those requirements...that has been my experience as I also didn't fully comply but they still managed to get my Kitas/Kitap.

Marcus point about your mother is a good idea, if she can help, as a spousal Kitas/Kitap can be a DIY project and thus considerably cheaper.

Comment

Working...
              X