Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITAP Owner Living Abroad For More Than 1 YEAR

Greeting all,

Wondering if anyone with KITAP ever live abroad (outside Indonesia) for more than a year.

Reading from the rules below, it stated that the KITAP owner can't live outside Indonesia or must return at least every year otherwise immigration office we revoke the KITAP.

I am in tight situation at this moment due to work situation and at the same time I need to renew my MERP by December 22 and approaching my 1 year MUST return by April 4. My wife will return to Indonesia early December so I will ask her to renew my MERP and I return to Indonesian around April before my 1 year anniversary due but due to heavy work, I'm afraid it will be difficult.

All advise will be greatly appreciated !!!!

"UU no.6 , year 2011
    Pasal 62
    (1) Izin Tinggal Tetap dapat berakhir karena pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap / The KITAP will be cancelled if the KITAP holder :
    a. meninggalkan Wilayah Indonesia lebih dari 1 (satu) tahun atau tidak bermaksud masuk lagi ke Wilayah Indonesia / Leave Indonesia and doesn't return within one year ;

As far as im aware , if you dont renew within a year you will lose the kitap and have to start the process again , .

Comment

The KITAP lasts 5 years and the MERP lasts 2 years...If both are current the only way Immigration would know you've been 'out of country' for more than one year would be the exit/entry dates in your passport.

I'm not sure that Immigration would pay too much attention if only a few days/weeks out of limit....but it's a risk. I would have some document with some lame excuse why you couldn't return...flight delay, doctors certificate, jury duty...anything you can photoshop?

Comment

Originally posted by kresnanto View Post
        ... I am in tight situation at this moment due to work situation and at the same time I need to renew my MERP by December 22 and approaching my 1 year MUST return by April 4 ...
        All advise will be greatly appreciated !!!! ...

I think that you should not be so concerned in keeping the KITAP if you are so busy and so far away . Remember that the 5 years KITAP cost only around USD275 , the 2 years MERP , around USD130 . If I was you , I would just forget about the KITAP & MERP . Later when you decide to stay in Indonesia for many years , you can get KITAS/KITAP easily . Now , if just for a work vacation , a Free Visa is all you may need , right ?

Comment

Working...
        X