Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasus E-KTP delaying KITAS application

Hello Forum, I hope somebody can help me with this

I am staying in Bali and are trying to get a KITAS sponsored by my wife.

We are still waiting for the E-KTP to be printed (all the data is in the system), so she is holding a
    Surat Keterangan now.
    Our Contact at the KanIm Denpasar is telling us that the Surat Keterangan will not be accepted as
    substitute for the KTP in Jakarta.
    I have the feeling that someone wants to keep me on the SosialBudaya loop.

but I am not sure about the hole situation and I don't want to loose my good contact.

I have tried many different keywords, but no results. Has anybody ever read something about this
    on this forum or other sites?
    A referral would be juuust what I need at this point. Or any information that anyone has on this topic.

The fact that the Surat Keterangan works the same as the KTP (by law) is known to me,
    only it is not really relevant if that law is not applied in practice.

For any help or info I would be very grateful
    best wishes to all,

Faris

Originally posted by Faris Fals View Post
    (1) Our Contact at the KanIm Denpasar is telling us that the Surat Keterangan will not be accepted as substitute for the KTP in Jakarta ...

(2) Has anybody ever read something about this ...

(3) The fact that the Surat Keterangan works the same as the KTP (by law) is known to me, ...

(1) I am a little confused . Can you tell us :
    (1.a) Where do you intend to apply for the KITAS (Jakarta or Bali) ?
    (1.b) Where did your wife ask for the e-KTP ?
    (1.c) Where is your long term address just now ?
    (1.d) Does she still have an old/valid KTP ? If yes , from where ?

(2) Usually Immigration only accepts a KTP or e-KTP . I heard that sometimes they even don't accept a Temporary KTP and it is difficult to get a normal KTP or e-KTP in Bali if you are not the owner of the house or at least have a long term rent contract .

(3) If that you could make a copy of the Law to show to the Immigration office . Could you tell us which Law states that (I never heard of such a Law) ?

Comment

Hello Marcus,
      Thanks for your questions!
      I will try to paint a clearer picture of our situation.

(1.a) We want to apply in Denpasar
      (1.b) The e-KTP is also applied for in Denpasar (Badung)
      (1.c) Our address is here in Denpasar as well
      (1.d) The old KTP still exists, but doesn't match the e-KTP data that is already in the system (now "married" status),
      so it can not be used for the KITAS sponsored by spouse WNI
      * The E-KTP and Surat Keterangan that functions as legal substitue both reflect the married status.

(3) Sorry I didn't say that correctly.. I only wanted to say that I know that the Surat Keterangan functions as legal substitute.
      That is why I was calling it a 'law'.. sorry for the confusion!

(2) My wife actually has a KTP Bali, and with the E-KTP (that so many people in Denpasar are still waiting for)
      we would be safe and well I think.. Even though we still like to move around..
      I was told that I will just have to document everything if I move.. Domisili for me and my wife, as well as a KIPEM if we stay
      further away from her KTP address.

Thank you for the information about KTP, so they really have difficulties with the Temporary KTP? (alias surat keterangan)
      I was told that in Kanim Denpasar there wouldn't be a problem
      but that the request for KITAS conversion from SosBud would not go through in Jakarta..

My Contact in the Kanim is a bit difficult but is worth gold when I get stuck or something, so I am a bit cautious.
      I know that you are very confident in bureaucracy matters and I wished that I could feel the same way about it.
      Maybe its because I just put my foot on the ground here and I have spent a lot on SosBuds and not working in Indonesia..
      so I just want to get to the next level safe and sound.
      Even if I am adding to the problem by having someone inside Kanim help me, but I feel there is a big risk of my KITAS application being rejected.
      That's only because of the E-KTP Corruption situation and the resulting delay.. I would be more confident if we had the E-KTP..
      But the last thing I heard about our issuance date was 'probably 2018 before the election'... and I really really need this KITAS.

*may I ask an small additional question?
      - Which government institution/ which kantor can I visit to ask about the right to work for suami WNA on a spouse KITAS?
      I went to the Dinas tenaga kerja but it was the wrong one, I think there are different types of those.
      What am I looking for here? I need a local + official source of information..

Thank you for your time!!
      I really appreciate you joining in and helping me with your opinion & information

Comment

(I) ... We want to apply in Denpasar ... My wife actually has a KTP Bali ...

(II) I was told that in Kanim Denpasar there wouldn't be a problem but that the request for KITAS ... would not go through in Jakarta..

(III) ... the Temporary KTP? (alias surat keterangan) ...

(IV) I know that you are very confident in bureaucracy matters and I wished that I could feel the same way about it.

(V) Which government institution/ which kantor can I visit to ask about the right to work for suami WNA on a spouse KITAS? ...

(I) I think you should convince the Denpasar Kantor Imigrasi to accept your KITAS request with the : old KITAS + new Temporary KITAS .

(II) In almost 16 years dealing with the Indonesian Immigration I never heard of a case where the Kantor Imigrasi accepted a request and Jakarta denied the approval . This e-KTP problem is all over Indonesia , so Jakarta's Immigration also knows about .
        In case Kantor Imigrasi doesn't accept (talk to the big boss there too) , talk to Kantor Wilayah (Province's Immigration Office) .

(III) So the Surat Keterangan that you referred in your first post was the Temporary KTP , right ? To me a Surat Keterangan is very generic . To be more specific we add something to it , like : Surat Keterangan Domisili , Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal , ...

Now I understood what you said about the Surat Keterangan being equivalent to the KTP .

(IV) I am confident on Immigration bureaucracy fortunately because I never had a problem of document like you have now . Anywhere in the world , bureaucrats are difficult to be convinced on anything different of what they are used to do .

(V) The ideal would be to talk to both Immigration and Manpower Department (which Manpower office I don't know) . Some years ago there was a meeting between some Manpower Department officers and some people of the association of Indonesians married with foreigners , in Bali . See below what the officers informed .

-------------------------------------------

(FROM : http://percaindonesia.com/catatan-so...-7-maret-2015/ about info from Manpower officers given to PERCA - free translation)
        A) Holders of KITAS/KITAP sponsored by spouse are allowed to work in the company during a full worl permit , including having IMTA .
        B) Foreigner workers cannot work in two different places (the same profession or different) EXCEPT investor / commissioner of PMA (If one works in three places the number of IMTA must also be 3).
        C) If the activities of the foreign worker are in more than 1 place / province then he/she must have inter-provincial IMTA .
        D) Case: Husband / wife of a mixed marriage with cuisine chef background want to open a small café, with a small seating area is classified as a small business and does not require IMTA. When this business grows crowded and large, than it is necessary to have operating permits from the relevant authorities . When the businesses becomes a legal entity, then this foreign worker must have IMTA.
        E) Case: Foreign husband of a mixed marriage is already retired. Enters Indonesia with VOA and becomes an investor in a hotel in Bali. Once in a while he does work behind the scenes such as checks on the financial controll department. With such conditions, it means the husband has been conducting work in Indonesia and must have KITAS and IMTA, because even not all the time he is working .
        F) A foreigner in a mixed marriage with KITAS sponsored by wife. Working from home and having online businesses. Does not have an office and legal business such as PT or PMA. Because this foreigner is conducting work even though he only works online so this foreigner must have the IMTA. This foreigner also cannot sign work contracts in Indonesia on behalf of himself .
        G) A foreigner who works and own business as an acupuncturist, must obtain an official recommendation from the local health office before doing business and work activities. If already have a recommendation from the relevant authorities, the foreign must have the IMTA to be able to work in Indonesia .
        H) A foreigner holder of KITAS/KITAP sponsored by spouse is allowed to work in Indonesia. The need of IMTA is to be seen from what the job, workings for a legal entity or not, small or large business .

CONCLUSION:

Although the Immigration Act 6 of 2011 Article 61 states that the holder of a Limited Stay Permit and Permanent Stay Permit can work and/or do business to make ends meet for him/her and/ for his/her family, but still has to refer back to the Labour Law No. 13 year 2003 and Permenakertrans No. 12 year 2013, which essentially mean that a foreign worker in a mixed marriage is allowed to work without a work permit if in the informal sector, freelance or have a small business which is not a legal entity. When working in a legal entity then MUST have IMTA.

Note : IMTA = Work Permit issued by Manpower Department

Comment

(I)

I am really tempted to leave the 'agent path' and I really dont like to depend on people I dont even like..
          It is just that I know I won't be able to go back if I choose to do everything by myself, so when I get stuck I'm alone with it.
          I wouldn't have a problem with that it is just that I need to stay here, I am married and I want to live my life here.
          Thank you for the confidence boost and good advice!

(II)

I am sure they know about this and have cases almost every day which are of the same nature.. That is why I got curious and suspicious at last.
          So how do you go about demanding your rights or requesting to talk to the boss of the Kanim etc? I feel that people are very sensitive at the Kanim and
          I feel a bit powerless because I have a pretty good idea on how they conduct business on the inside..
          Hmm it is the first time I hear Kantor Wilayah.. time to google

(III)

Yes you are right, sry for the confusion. The surat keterangan is really very vague..

(IV)

Lucky you hahaha May it always be that way for you and if possible for me too.

(V)

Yes I saw an excerpt from this video on facebook, I think I got the part that is relevant on video.. I just need to (as you said) talk to somebody at the Kanim as well as Manpower,
          So I can ask what the informal sector actually includes. Private Teacher? Anything I do by myself while not working for anybody else? I have to clear this up and get black on white original and official information..

Thank you again for all the time,
          And for the referral too, you just saved me a lot of search-time!

You are the best.
          sip
          best wishes as always

Comment

... So how do you go about demanding your rights or requesting to talk to the boss of the Kanim etc? I feel that people are very sensitive at the Kanim ...

Oh , no . Not demanding our rights . They are indeed very sensitive , so you need to be very humble , low voice , almost saying "please , please" . Maybe letting you wife tell them that you need the KITAS to work , otherwise there will be no food on the table .

To talk to the boss , bring some fruits/biscuits and tell the front desk officer that you have a gift to the boss . Better take this opportunity to also talk about your right to work according Article 61 of UU no.6 , year 2011 , informal work as Manpower said , private teaching , ..

Comment

Ok I think now I get a clearer picture, I was imagining you quite 'tegas' and stubborn in the immigration, but essentially you do it the same way as me,
              just with a clearer vision of what you want and what can be done I guess..
              I am always over-polite and make them laugh and all is very fine and dandy :P
              but I don't always get the results I want because I most of the time lack the info and have to shoot in the dark,

Maybe that is why you always cite laws and refer to cases you know if people ask something on this form,
              I think you just know your material so that gives you a direction when you enter the Kanim,

I think I have learned a lot in these few posts.. Thank you very much marcus.

PS: Do you by any chance have a friend or do you know of an experienced member who goes to the KanIm
              in Denpasar? I am looking for heads up information before get this thing going, maybe write down a name or two,
              or see who is accessible around there (sorry if my English is wrong but I hope you know what I mean)
              I'll make sure not to waste anybodies time in case you were able to recommend someone

as always all the best wishes

Comment

...(1.d) The old KTP still exists, but doesn't match the e-KTP data that is already in the system (now "married" status),
                so it can not be used for the KITAS sponsored by spouse WNI * The E-KTP and Surat Keterangan that functions as legal substitue both reflect the married status.
                Provide Copy of Old KTP + Marriage certificate + E-KTP Surat Keterangan, I think that should be sufficient. If it doesn't work with one officer, try with other one or the senior.

Comment

(x) ... I think you just know your material so that gives you a direction when you enter the Kanim, ...

(y) Do you by any chance have a friend or do you know of an experienced member who goes to the KanIm in Denpasar? I am looking for heads up information before get this thing going, ...

(x) Now yes , but 15 years ago I didn't know any Law/Regulation , a foreign friend (who didn't know much too) gave me some help . I only started to learn about after I found this Forum .

(y) I have only one couple who I know personally , but I lost contact with with them . There were many Forum members living in Bali , but lately very few are active . I am not sure but I guess Davita and Scouser59 live in Bali (see them here : http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...operty-trouble) .

Be informed that the Immigration officers are always changing (maybe each 2 years) , so what happened before may not happen now (and vice-versa) , as the non-routine service is very dependent on each officer's personality .

Comment

Hi guys , I was just reading your posts , I agree with marcus views on your situation , just a word on denpasar immigration office I have no personal contacts there my docs have passed through on the way to kitap only, and that was a couple of years ago, as marcus said personnel rotate around indonesia .

When you receive your kitas the working situation unfortunately is still somewhat of a grey area , if you read the threads on this point , re teaching to get an imta you will need the relevant quals also be from an english speaking country ie uk usa etc .

Comment

Hello again!
                      So sorry for the delay, my laptop was being repaired and I don't have a phone believe it or not hahaha
                      Ok so now I'm back on track.

Thank you all for helping out!
                      Thanks scouser59 yeah I know,, even with the KITAS I still need to take care of a lot of other things,
                      but I think between Dinas Tenaga Kerja and Immigrasi I should be ok ad able to find out what I can and can not do.. just a matter of time.

As for now my priority is to get this **** KITAS,
                      And thats where the immigration information and all of you guys are a real blessing for me. Thank you all 1000x

If I may, I would like to stretch this topic a little further, maybe someone is in the same position and can read this...
                      As you might have guessed I have been getting and extending my visas exclusively with the help of agents,
                      but especially with the help of somebody on the inside, (quite complicated character)

This person is known to not give people second chances,, as in ,, "if you try with another 'agent' then don't come back to me if you're stuck or otherwise in trouble"
                      The reason for this is obviously money - not some 'broken heart, you cheated on me' thing.
                      My wife witnessed it herself as she referred someone to
                      this person at the immigration. The person tried to get a passport but didn't want to pay the extra cash, after she got stuck in the process (missing documents etc)
                      she went back to this person at the KanIm to ask for help and pay the extra cash. But she didn't get any help and the passport was thrown back to her.
                      Until this day this person doesn't have a passport.. This was around 4 years ago..

*it has to be said that this contact even though a difficult character really can get things done.. (ex-kanim head)
                      so it was always insuring to have this

As I said me and my wife have no experience in going through the immigration processes ourselves.
                      Because of the possibility of a no way back situation I am really curious what are real risks and what is just scare-tactics to get me to pay all the high agent fees..

My wife is tending towards the safe side and compromise between high fees, depending on somebody, but at the end of the day getting things done without hassle and sure outcome.
                      I am curious to try and do everything by myself, the only thing that is keeping me is the unclear E-KTP real KTP situation and my Non-Knowledge of the risks involved if someone
                      doesn't like me at the immigration..
                      I am looking at the financial side and the dependence to an emotionally less stable person doesn't fit me either. If possible I would like to steer the boat myself.

Sorry for the long post,
                      Essentially I am just looking for any advice on how to approach, what to make sure of before taking this step,
                      and what risks I am looking at

Any small advice would be very much appreciated.

Comment

(a) ... I don't have a phone believe it or not hahaha

(b ... after she got stuck in the process (missing documents etc) she went back to this person .. and pay the extra cash .. (ex-kanim head) ...
                        Because of the possibility of a no way back situation I am really curious what are real risks and what is just scare-tactics to get me to pay all the high agent fees ...

(c) I am looking at the financial side and the dependence to an emotionally less stable person doesn't fit me either ...

(a) Yes , nowadays this is very unusual (I also don't have a smartphone , mine is a dumb phone) .

(b) I don't see that case as similar to yours . In that case she didn't have all the required documents , but in your case (assuming it is only the e-KTP that is missing) , I think you do have the required documents . In my view , it is only a question of convincing Kantor Imigrasi to be reasonable , understand that it is a temporary limitation of their own Indonesian government system .

(c) If you are really worried to do it yourself , I would recommend you to ask many agents , as one may have already passed through a similar situation (see a list of agents in the link below) .

Another option is to try the Limited Stay Visa/VITAS index 317 , in which case you can start an online request of the "telex visa" (which is a "pre-approval" of a Visa) , go to a nearby country , and get the VITAS (this way is a "up > down" process , you start by getting a Jakarta's Immigration approval first (do it yourself or hire an agent) . Within 30 days you need to convert the VITAS into a KITAS (which is practically approved already , but the bureaucracy still requires you to get the Kantor Imigrasi & Kantor Wilayah approvals) .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...d-my-blacklist (post no.8 , list of visa agents)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...796#post256796 (visa/telex visa request through the internet)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...nd-other-visas (example of online VITAS "telex visa" process)

http://visa.imigrasi.go.id/ (check telex visa process)

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

(a) Yes , nowadays this is very unusual (I also don't have a smartphone , mine is a dumb phone) .

(b) I don't see that case as similar to yours . In that case she didn't have all the required documents , but in your case (assuming it is only the e-KTP that is missing) , I think you do have the required documents . In my view , it is only a question of convincing Kantor Imigrasi to be reasonable , understand that it is a temporary limitation of their own Indonesian government system .

(c) If you are really worried to do it yourself , I would recommend you to ask many agents , as one may have already passed through a similar situation (see a list of agents in the link below) .

Another option is to try the Limited Stay Visa/VITAS index 317 , in which case you can start an online request of the "telex visa" (which is a "pre-approval" of a Visa) , go to a nearby country , and get the VITAS (this way is a "up > down" process , you start by getting a Jakarta's Immigration approval first (do it yourself or hire an agent) . Within 30 days you need to convert the VITAS into a KITAS (which is practically approved already , but the bureaucracy still requires you to get the Kantor Imigrasi & Kantor Wilayah approvals) .
                          (a) hehe so we are on the same side, I am just taking it a bit further and using my wife's phone together with her so I don't need to charge, remember to bring it, be available at all times..
                          I like to feel the time I have, and don't like to feel it slip through my fingers (tried to maintain my sosmed profiles many times, always failed and got bored)

(b) I see this as the main project here.. gather info and get things ready to send to Jakarta via Immigration..
                          I will read your linked pages first though, the telex might be smarter.. but different requirements as I read before. have to refresh my knowledge first though.
                          I really appreciate the boost in confidence that I got from you.

(c) The only thing that kept me from doing this earlier is the unknown risk factor, I don't know if I really can get badly stuck or if there actually is not much that can go wrong.
                          I suspect that there is nothing much that can go wrong, but maybe I will try to find a second contact in the KanIm so I have one more ace up my sleeve if things go bad.
                          Am I overreacting? Probably,

From my experience with other agents ( I called to gather info or try to get someone to organize me a KITAS )
                          most will say that they can get me one, then after further questioning admit that they also cannot.
                          One wanted to give me a fake address so she could push my case through at the not so strict KanIm in Nusa Dua or Jimbaran (forgot).
                          The telex visa was also her approach of choice, the only thing that kept me from doing it was the 'money upfront' thing where you
                          never see your money again even though you don't get anything for it.
                          And two other agents said that they could, then too quickly changed their story so that got me suspicious again..

I will try some on the list that you so kindly provided. Among thousands of agents I might just got the wrong 3

thank you very much!
                          I found Davita on another site, I'll try to contact her.

I will give this thread an update once I have made a decision on what to do,, pusing

Hope somebody will benefit from this thread later on

Comment

As I said before , if you convince Kantor Imigrasi to accept your request (you need to get the receipt/"Tanda Terima Permohonan") , you are probably safe . Even if there is a delay later , you don't need to worry (in my first KITAS , the Regional office requested many interviews , Jakarta's office asked for an additional document , it took almost 2 months , but no relevant problem - when you are right , there is nothing to fear) .

I never did a telex visa request , but theoretically the required documents should be the same (Ah , by the way , I heard that nowadays the requester doesn't need to go to Jakarta to pay (Rp100k) and present original documents , but instead , just pay the fee in a bank anywhere in Indonesia) .

About agents : curiously what we heard (10 years) in this Forum is that it is very rare to find one who knows hows how to get a KITAS through a Sosbud Visa (the ones you asked maybe misunderstood what you were talking about) . So , probably most will tell you that they can get you a telex Visa for a VITAS 317 , which is the way they usually get a KITAS . I don't know if this upfront payment is usual . My agent (I lately have a Retirement KITAS that must be through an agent) only requested Rp2 million in advance for the first KITAS , and the subsequent KITAS I only pay when I get my passport back with the KITAS . By the way , the usual agent price for you KITAS start from around Rp5 million total (including all the official fees , except the VITAS Embassy's fee .

I guess the Davita (man) in this Forum is the same Davita in the other Forum (he has been active here too) .

Comment

Thank you for the information! Every small detail is really helping me a lot in order to be able to evaluate the situation. I am really happy that I asked for your help.

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                              (1) As I said before , if you convince Kantor Imigrasi to accept your request (you need to get the receipt/"Tanda Terima Permohonan") , you are probably safe . Even if there is a delay later , you don't need to worry (in my first KITAS , the Regional office requested many interviews , Jakarta's office asked for an additional document , it took almost 2 months , but no relevant problem - when you are right , there is nothing to fear) .

(2) I never did a telex visa request , but theoretically the required documents should be the same (Ah , by the way , I heard that nowadays the requester doesn't need to go to Jakarta to pay (Rp100k) and present original documents , but instead , just pay the fee in a bank anywhere in Indonesia) .

(3) About agents : curiously what we heard (10 years) in this Forum is that it is very rare to find one who knows hows how to get a KITAS through a Sosbud Visa (the ones you asked maybe misunderstood what you were talking about) . So , probably most will tell you that they can get you a telex Visa for a VITAS 317 , which is the way they usually get a KITAS . I don't know if this upfront payment is usual . My agent (I lately have a Retirement KITAS that must be through an agent) only requested Rp2 million in advance for the first KITAS , and the subsequent KITAS I only pay when I get my passport back with the KITAS . By the way , the usual agent price for you KITAS start from around Rp5 million total (including all the official fees , except the VITAS Embassy's fee .

(4) I guess the Davita (man) in this Forum is the same Davita in the other Forum (he has been active here too) .
                              (1a) * "you need to get the receipt/"Tanda Terima Permohonan") , you are probably safe"

So this is what I will strive for! This is probably the same document that is sent in form of an email after a successful online application for a Telex Visa..?
                              At least the function seems to be the same. I guess that confirmation is the reason why the telex-visa process looks so tempting to me.
                              Only the documents that are unclear keep me from trying it now (see1b)

(1b) * "when you are right there is nothing to fear"

That is the only thing that is still keeping me and maybe the most important obstacle for me,
                              The status kawin between the old KTP and the E-KTP data is different..
                              The old one shows SINGLE, the E-KTP will show MARRIED when it is finally printed.
                              There must be a way to resolve this, but I am quite stuck with this.

The old KTP was renewed AFTER we married but still with the SINGLE status.
                              Because of bad advice from "friends" prior to acquiring the relevant information we didn't change the status even though we were married already.
                              We had an agent do the work for us as always, so there was no problem. But now as I know the legal situation regarding land ownership,
                              I regret that we didn't have the status changed..

Now that the E-KTP will be issued I think it won't be possible to get an old KTP with the updated status..
                              In case I get asked for the old KTP in order to confirm the data in the temporary KTP-paper this could become a real problem I think.
                              Might there be a way to get around this? Before I start to do all the documents myself I would really love to have this cleared.

As you said, when you are right there is nothing to fear..
                              How can I get this resolved so I can operate from a more confident basis?

-- If you register for an E-KTP and get your data into the system, is the old KTP normally returned to the applicant?
                              or is the old KTP taken by the officer at the Catatan Sipil? (correct place to go?)
                              -- where can I go in person to ask about E-KTP and KTP? Where is the best place to get help apart from this forum?
                              does this look like the right place?

https://kependudukan.denpasarkota.go.id/

(3) I got a recommendation from Davita today, I am really curious what results I will get tomorrow when I do the call.
                              Just for anybody reading this, on Bali the fees for a conversion from SosBud to KITAS are around Rp10.000.000, I got this from different agents,
                              it seems they have this quite standardized around the KanIm, it could vary with other agents though, or other KanIms on Bali.

for the Telex Visa process to get a KITAS from what I know it is between Rp6.000.000 - Rp8.000.000

*I only speak for Bali-KanIm Denpasar

(4) I got that tooootally wrong hahahaha and yes it is the same Davita!
                              Such a nice person judging from the short conversation, thanks for the advice marcus!

Please do come around if you are in Bali, my wife is an awesome cook!

Comment

Working...
                              X