Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painting motorcycle, need to update STNK, etc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting motorcycle, need to update STNK, etc?

Hi,

I was planning to paint the tank and rear of my motorcycle white so it will hopefully be a little cooler than the black it is now, and also more visible and maybe a little safer. Someone told me I ought not to do this since the STNK reads "hitam", which it does, if I change the color I could have trouble if pulled over. I asked around a little more and everyone else I asked said "no, it doesn't matter". Does anyone have an opinion on this? The motorcycle would still have black body, handle-bars, exhaust and so on so maybe it still counts as black despite a little painting of the gas tank and rear? Or maybe I should go down to such and such office in Jakarta and change the ownership book or the STNK? What do you think?

Hi Tomas....
    why not try to stick a sticker on some parts of your motor. I think you do not have to paint in that section, just with stickers on some parts of your motor is enough with what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by mike ariteus View Post
      Hi Tomas....
      why not try to stick a sticker on some parts of your motor. I think you do not have to paint in that section, just with stickers on some parts of your motor is enough with what you mean.
      Good idea. I'm thinking about doing the back part with the stickers, it will be a little cheaper I expect but after speaking with a cat duco guy it looks like he can do a real pro job on the tank for about 200,000. But that still leaves the issue of the law... Obviously it isn't the biggest most serious legal issue ever, but I would prefer to avoid trouble with the traffic police and maybe issues renewing the STNK or the number plate next year...

Comment

Originally posted by tomasturtle View Post

Good idea. I'm thinking about doing the back part with the stickers, it will be a little cheaper I expect but after speaking with a cat duco guy it looks like he can do a real pro job on the tank for about 200,000. But that still leaves the issue of the law... Obviously it isn't the biggest most serious legal issue ever, but I would prefer to avoid trouble with the traffic police and maybe issues renewing the STNK or the number plate next year...
        I think not all the motorcycle tank you colored what you want, just side (left-right) of that you colored... I think this not change you STNK since you still have black color on many side of your motorcycle ..

Comment

hi tomasturtle... it must be because in the STNK even in The owner book there is some items listed , like the number of frame,the number of machine, the color of vehicle ,the making year etc..

Comment

Working...
          X