Complications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complications

As I already have created some topics regarding the SOSBUD visa, wife sponsored KITAS and foreign marriage, I want to know what kind of complications may arise during these three phases ? My fiance is bit of worried . She has told 'getting married to a foreigner is complicated' though I asked her what kind of complications was she refereeing, couldn't get any satisfactory answers . I'm not sure if I'm creating an irrelevant topic, might anyone have experiences or what are the common things I should be aware of ? P.s. I'm a Bangladeshi passport holder . Thanks .

I think the first problem you have is your initial visa for arrival in indonesia, ie your not working , it seems you do not have the funds to support yourself while in indonesia as you previously stated no bank evidence , your future wife is a student etc , if you can solve all these problems then you can work on the documentation for marriage when you arrive .

If you care to search on this forum under kitas married you will find all the documents required to satisfy immigration , ya its a little complicated but straight forward .

Comment

Thanks . I already have sorted out that problem . I need to show bank statement of around 2,500 USD and it's managed . Next thing , yes she's a student (in the KTP) but attaching her current employment's proof might solve the problem , this is what I have told by couple of agents . And lastly I'm aware of the documents needed for KITAS, I have been reading articles related to them since the day I joined this forum thanks a lot Scouser .

Comment

Raj, you have funds to support yourself and your would be wife, you will not face much issues initially, but the documentation required for mixed nationality marriage are different and need deep pockets to support during the process. For example;
        1. After marriage, to take your wife to any country, you need to have marriage certificate, to prove your marriage.
        2. If you wish to come to Indonesia, stay here, you need to process some documents from various local offices. And later report to police, etc in Indonesia. This will repeat for every renewal.
        3. If you get a baby, you need to go thru many processes, reporting to your embassy and Indonesian local offices to get the right document at right time, If you miss any documentation, may create a problem for you. Your kid issue will be forever, till the kid attains age of 18+ and selects the nationality.

Any miss in the documentation & the process above needs a regular flow of fund / money to support yourself and family. Above process need time and money. Also you need to work to earn, your family needs place to stay, food, schooling, medicine and other regular stuff to support day to day things, which again need money or regular supply of money. The above are common things you will come across.

Comment

Originally posted by Rajtikka View Post
          ... My fiance is bit of worried . She has told 'getting married to a foreigner is complicated' though I asked her what kind of complications was she refereeing, couldn't get any satisfactory answers ...

To me it seems more a personal problem than anything else . I would be worried if my future wife has a concern about something but cannot tell me about clearly .

I got Sosbud Visas during many years , later I got it sponsored by my Indonesian future wife , then married , then got KITAS sponsored by wife , then got 5 years KITAP , then divorced . To me Indonesian documents were never a problem , although very very bureaucratic to get .

A lot more difficult was the marriage , so if you don't mind , be alerted that if you have children and divorce , the children will stay with the mother (usually) and it will be very difficult for you to stay in Indonesia .

Comment

Thanks a lot for sharing your opinions and showing your support . One thing again, for the spouse sponsored KITAS, should the spouse's KTP show that she's married ?

Comment

... should the spouse's KTP show that she's married ?

Yes , she is supposed to change her civil status in her KTP and get a new KK too (?) .

Comment

How long will it take to change her civil status and new kk, and which office would she need to go for doing that?

Comment

(a) How long will it take to change her civil status and new kk,

(b) and which office would she need to go for doing that?

(a) I think it depends on each city . Probably not more than one month .

(b) It also depend on each city . The KTP and KK are usually issued by Catatan Sipil , but sometimes Kantor Kecamatan receives the requests . Your future wife can ask the local administrators ( Pak/Ibu RT , Pak/Ibu RW , Kepala Desa , Kantor Kelurahan ) .

Comment

Thanks Marcus . I'd tell her .

Comment

should the spouse's KTP show that she's married ?
                      Not necessarily, She has her marriage certificate to prove that she is married. So to sponsor you KITAS should not be an issue, but ultimately need to get the status updated on KTP.

Also, depends on the expiry date of the KTP, if it is near, better to get the marriage status updated too and get it done ASAP, but if it is still long, you can get it done later in a few months.

Comment

Oh . So, she can be the sponsor anyway . But, is there any possibility to get rejected because of that ? I mean, do people change their KTP status for being a sponsor ? And also from where can I get the confirmation that it wouldn't be a barrier ?

Comment

Oh . So, she can be the sponsor anyway . But, is there any possibility to get rejected because of that ? I mean, do people change their KTP status for being a sponsor ? And also from where can I get the confirmation that it wouldn't be a barrier ?
                          Raj, I know you are too excited about getting married in Indonesia and coming over to Indonesia. I too wish good for you, but before I answer any of your other post in this forum, I wish to know below ;

1. Are you married to the Indonesian girl you are talking about legally?? If yes, In which country?

I am asking you this because, till now you have made around 80 odd posts about the same topic but seems your queries are looping back to the old questions. You may have the right to do it, but for me, I need to make a call to answer or not your queries going forward.

Comment

I'm sorry for making you guys bothered . I know I'm making irrelevant and boring topics back and forth because I don't have idea about all of these, and top of that my future wife ( or should I call her fiancÚ!) doesn't have ideas either . I also do have a tight budget to come over and staying in there . Yes, I'm excited but I'm more worried . I'm sorry again . Accept my apology .

Comment

Raj, I am sorry too and I understand your issue. But to keep things simple let me give you some tips ;

1. You need to have a continuous source of income or finance support to get into any engagements.
                              2. Your focus should be on how to get married, what documents are required and how it can be achieved.
                              3. It will be a life long / long commitment, so would be good, if you try to get some work in Indonesia (legally) or come to indonesia on business trip or do business here.

I am in Jakarta, If you need any help in Jakarta, you can let me know, I will try to help what I can. Good Luck !!

Comment

Working...
                              X