Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample KITAS 2017

Dear All,

I have heard that this year KITAS card format has been changed or the card itsels no longer exist, and if we go to extend it we will just get an electronic identification number / Barcode through email and copy of it will attached to our passport, which will work as KITAS,

So i would like to know if it is true ? is there anyone who just recentrly extend there KITAS (APR-JUL 2017)? if exists, could you please share a copy of it (ofcorse you may hide your own identity on it),and describe us about it?

Actually, my kitas is going to expire in Aug 2017 and i have already start the process of renewal, and receive such info from my collegue here, and i want to confirm it for myself and for so many expats knowledge who is a part of the same situation.

Thank you very much in advance,
    Sohail.

True , Imigration in jkt just email you your Kitas Electronic. The matter is not all entities recognize this printing format (hotel , airport, ect..) thus ,if i understand, now we need to bring our passport everywhere...or getting a SIM.
    bst rgds

Comment

Originally posted by parulian View Post
      ... thus ,if i understand, now we need to bring our passport everywhere...or getting a SIM.

According to the Indonesian Law , you need to carry the SKTT , a kind of identification card for KITAS holder (KTP Orang Asing , for KITAP holder) . I think it is a good idea to have a "virtual" KITAS , because it is totally superfluous .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...assport./page2 (post no.20 , document you need to carry)

Comment

Yes, you will get a one page letter that says "Izin Tinggal Terbatas Elektronik" or Electronic Limited Stay Permit, along with your photo and bar code.

I made a print out copy and stuck it with paper clip to my passport, which I only bring when traveling on international flight. Otherwise, I use SIM as my photo ID.
        Make sure you keep that paper with you all the time!
        A friend was stuck at immigration & missed her flight thinking it would be paperless.
        Last edited by kittikat; 27-07-17, 16:52. Reason: grammar

Comment

Dear All,

Thank you very much for all of your vaulable informations,

I have already got the same "Electronic Kitas" a page long of document with barcode and the pictureon it,

Thanks once again to everyone.

Comment

Dear all,
            I got a new job and will be working in somewhere in Bukit Tinggi, Sumatera starting next month. Currently I still in my cooling period. I am based in Kuala Lumpur and I will extensively travel oversea to the site at Bukit Tinggi. Most likely 50% of the month ~2weeks in KL, ~2weeks in Indo.

I would be very much appreciate if any of you can tell me how to apply, what to apply and how much to pay? I do understand that it will be my new employer to apply that sort of documentation, but then its better for me to prepare and know a little bit bout it. Just in case I need to apply/do everything by myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacko_666 View Post
              (1) ... much appreciate if any of you can tell me how to apply,

(2) what to apply

(3) and how much to pay? ...

(1) The only way for you (supposing you are not Indonesian) to work in Indonesia is by being hired by an Indonesian based company (of a PT type) . This company must request a Work Permit/IMTA for you , and with this the company will request your work VITAS/Limited Stay Visa , and then a work KITAS .

(2) Your part in all this is to provide your college/university diploma + proof of minimum 5 years work experience related to this diploma . Other documents may be required depending on the work type .

(3) Around USD2'000 (if a visa agent is hired to do this) , paid by the employer .

http://www.expat.or.id/business/jobseekers.html (about legal work)

---------------------------

Note : Be informed that working without a Work Permit + a work KITAS is considered a crime in Indonesia (up to 5 years in jail + fine of up to Rp500 million) .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

(1) The only way for you (supposing you are not Indonesian) to work in Indonesia is by being hired by an Indonesian based company (of a PT type) . This company must request a Work Permit/IMTA for you , and with this the company will request your work VITAS/Limited Stay Visa , and then a work KITAS .

(2) Your part in all this is to provide your college/university diploma + proof of minimum 5 years work experience related to this diploma . Other documents may be required depending on the work type .

(3) Around USD2'000 (if a visa agent is hired to do this) , paid by the employer .

http://www.expat.or.id/business/jobseekers.html (about legal work)

---------------------------

Note : Be informed that working without a Work Permit + a work KITAS is considered a crime in Indonesia (up to 5 years in jail + fine of up to Rp500 million) .
                Dear Marcus,

Thank you for kind input.

No.1 reply: Im a Malaysian citizen. Im not really sure how am i being categorized in this case and which I should apply for: (KITAS,VITAS,BLUE BOOK (Buku Biru), or a normal visiting visa. Let me clear it out a bit for you. I worked with Malaysian company and based in KL. In other means, im not hired by Indo company as you highlighted. My salary also paid by this Malaysian company. Im handling project there in Bukittinggi and my schedule were like, from KL fly to Padang and work 3 4 days in Bukittinggi and go back to KL, and on and on like this until the project completed.

The way i see this, i can be categorized as normal visiting visa? am I rite? or STILL i need a working permit?

No.2 reply: in this case, i need to bring along my Degree, my Resume and my Job description then. Laminate it all and store in my bag. Also PDF in everything and save it in my cell phone.

No.3 reply. understood.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacko_666 View Post
                  (a) ... Im a Malaysian citizen ... I worked with Malaysian company and based in KL. In other means, im not hired by Indo company as you highlighted ...

(b) i can be categorized as normal visiting visa? am I rite? or STILL i need a working permit?

(c) ... i need to bring along my Degree, my Resume and my Job description then. Laminate it all and store in my bag ...

What I say below is for foreigners in general . I didn't see yet (in new Regulation , newspaper or in this Forum) any special treatment for citizens of Malaysia or people from the ASEAN countries.

(a) As I said in my first post above , to work legally in Indonesia you must be hired by an Indonesian based company (in your case , I suppose there is no problem to be hired by one Indonesian based company plus hired also by another Malaysian based company) .

(b) No . A relatively new Indonesian Regulation (PP no.31 , year 2013) does not state any Visit Visa for working , except for working as journalist or making non-commercial film (don't require Work Permit but do require special Permits from the related Indonesian government Department) .. In there , the only Visa for general work purpose is the work Limited Stay Visa/work VITAS , which later is to be converted into work KITAS . To apply for the work VITAS your employer must get first a Work Permit for you .

(c) To work in Indonesia you need to have the work KITAS (or work Limited Stay Permit for short duration) . Some of these documents you mentioned are required for getting the Work Permit , not to carry with you .

---------------------------------------

UU no.13 , year 2003
                  CHAPTER VIII - EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGN WORKER
                  ARTICLE 42
                  (1) Every employer (Indonesian PT company) that employs foreign worker is under an obligation to obtain written permission (Work Permit) from Minister.
                  (2) An employer who is an individual person is prohibited from employing foreign worker.

PP no.31 , year 2013
                  Article 89
                  (1) Visit Visa shall be granted to Foreigner who will travel to the Indonesia's Territory for a visit in the interest of government duties, education, social, cultural, tourism,business, family, journalism, or transit to continue traveling to other countries.
                  Poster's Note : for business purposes is not for working in general (example : coming to Indonesia to discuss/sign export/import contract )

Article 102
                  (1) Limited stay Visa/VITAS shall be rendered to carry out the following activities:
                  a. in the interest of working; and
                  b. not in the interest of working.

UU6 - year 2011
                  Article 122
                  Shall be punished with imprisonment of five (5) years and fined at most Rp500.000.000, 00 (five hundred million rupiah):
                  a. any foreigner who deliberately misuse or engage in activities not in accordance with the intent and purpose of the Visa/Stay Permit given to him/her;
                  b. any person who ordered or provide opportunity for the foreigner to misuse or engage in activities inconsistent with intent or purpose of the Visa/Stay Permit given to him/her.

Article 123
                  Shall be punished with imprisonment of five (5) years and fined at most Rp500.000.000, 00 (five hundred million rupiah):
                  a. any person who knowingly gives a letter or false or falsified data or untrue statement with intent of obtaining Visas Stay Permit for himself/herself or others;
                  b. any foreigner who deliberately use the Visa or Stay Permit , as referred to in item a above , to enter and / or stay in Indonesia.

Comment

Working...
                  X