Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second KITAP validity

Hi all,

Does anyone know what is shown at the 'Berlaku s/d 'field of the ITAP stamp in the passport and the 'Permitted to stay in Indonesia until' field of the KITAP Card when a second ITAP/KITAP is issued?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge regarding this question.

Regards,
    Robert

If you refer to a second consecutive KITAP (the one that you request when you still have a KITAP) , then it is valid for undefined time (see the rule below) .

UU no.6 , year 2011
    Article 59

(1) Permanent Stay Permit/KITAP is granted for a period of 5 (five) years and may be extended for an indefinite period if the permission is not cancelled.

(2) The holder of a Permanent Stay Permit/KITAP for an indefinite period as referred to in paragraph (1) shall report (for free) to the Immigration Office every 5 (five) years .

Comment

Thanks for your reply Marcus.
      Yes I know that the second KITAP is valid for an undefined time but I was wondering what is shown at the the 'Berlaku s/d 'field of the ITAP stamp in the passport and the 'Permitted to stay in Indonesia until' field of the KITAP Card when a second KITAP is issued. I guess it will be "tanpa batas" but I want to be sure so I can check if everything is ok when I receive my second KITAP,

Comment

I have my second kitap , the so called permanent one .

In the itap stamp I have now "date to report " field and not "berlaku...." and the date shown is the same as if you would renew yr kitap . E.g. my first kitap expired on May 2017 and my second kitap mention date of report as May 2022;

My kitap card also mention " date to report " same date May 2022

Comment

Thanks Donovan, all clear now.

Comment

Is it still true (AFAIK) ..., that you dont need your wife to sponsor you on your Kitap RENEWAL >>> once you have already been married for 10 years ?

..., I remember reading a while back (IIRC) ..., that the Law was apparently changed to allow for this ?

Comment

Originally posted by davobali View Post
              Is it still true (AFAIK) ..., that you dont need your wife to sponsor you on your Kitap RENEWAL >>> once you have already been married for 10 years ? ...

Any KITAP must have a sponsor . The 10 years subject that you heard is probably about a KITAP holder divorcing the Indonesian spouse after 10 years of marriage (in such a case the rule states that the foreigner keeps the KITAP but still needs a sponsor) .

Comment

Working...
              X