Change of address, retirement visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of address, retirement visa

Am I allowed to move house (change of address) after obtaining retirement kitas? Or moving to another approved cities (e.g. Jakarta, bandung)? I just have to report to the local immigration offices? Any experiences? Marcus, your comments, thanks...

Contact the travel agent that helped you set up the visa in the first place and ask them what the procedure would be for reporting a change of address ... and ask what other documents might need to be submitted. I'm sure it's possible ... but just involves more paperwork and proving that you're following all the requirements in the new location (rent accommodation, hire domestic helper, etc.).
    Danielle Surkatty
    Member of the Organizing Committee
    Living in Indonesia, A Site for Expatriates
    http://www.expat.or.id/

Living in Indonesia Expat Forum
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Robertkang View Post
      (1) Am I allowed to move house (change of address) after obtaining retirement kitas?

(2) Or moving to another approved cities (e.g. Jakarta, bandung)?

(3) I just have to report to the local immigration offices?

(1) Yes , of course .

(2) Yes , to any other Indonesian city . As far as I know , Immigration has no list of approved cities .

(3) You must , otherwise , after 60 days of no report , you may go to jail . This is for any holder of KITAS , KITAP , and maybe Sosbud Visa , and other sponsored Visas too .
      In your specific case , your agent probably will "like" to do that for you (of course , for a fee) . You cannot report without a request from the sponsor , or at least this is what my Immigration told me . This process involves the 2 cities' Kantor Imigrasi .

---------------------------------------------

Article 71
      Each Foreigners residing in the Territory of Indonesia shall:
      a. provide all necessary information regarding his/her identity and / or his/her family, and report any changes in civil status, nationality, occupation, sponsor, or a change of address to the local Immigration Office; or
      b. ...

Article 116
      Each Foreigner who do not perform his/her obligations as stipulated in Article 71 shall be punished with a maximum confinement of 3 (three) months or a fine of up to Rp25,000,000, 00 (twenty five million rupiah).

--------------------------------------------

Note : A recent Regulation defined 60 days as the limit time for the foreigner to report those data changes to Immigration .

Comment

Thanks, marcus, if I stay in Bali for 52 days and stay in bundung for 41 days and lombok for 35 days, do I need to report at all?? If I stay in bali (where I got my visa) for 90 days and I move to lombok, and intend to stay more than 60 days, I have to report in lombok within 60 days??
        when I report in lombok, do I have to provide a new leasing agreement?

Comment

Originally posted by Robertkang View Post
          (a) if I stay in Bali for 52 days and stay in bundung for 41 days and lombok for 35 days, do I need to report at all??

(b) If I stay in bali (where I got my visa) for 90 days and I move to lombok, and intend to stay more than 60 days, I have to report in lombok within 60 days??

(c) when I report in lombok, do I have to provide a new leasing agreement?

(a) I guess this is not a reasonable example . Remember that we are talking about moving , not just travelling .

(b) If you move to Lombok (meaning : you return to the owner your house in Bali and rent a house in Lombok) , then yes . Report first in Bali then in Lombok .

(c) Theoretically , I would say yes . In practice , I don't know .

Comment

Thanks, Marcus, now I understand.

Comment

Working...
            X