Making Indonesian Passport

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Indonesian Passport

Hi, just quick question, I am WNI and my wife is WNA from Hongkong, and we just have a boy 2 months ago born here in Indonesia, my boy already "combined" with me inside my Kartu Keluarga, and his birth certificate also already done, which state that Nationality:INDONESIAN, the question is i want to apply Indonesian passport for him and i just need to apply passport like regular indonesian passport right? no need to apply anything else first?

Regards

If he is an Indonesian citizen, then you can just go to the immigration office and inquire as to the needed documents beyond the birth certificate, and then request the form to complete.

Immigration offices - http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/...ration-offices

Here are the requirements for applying for a passport for Indonesian citizens - http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/...t#requirements

Good luck with the paperwork!

Danielle Surkatty
    Member of the Organizing Committee
    Living in Indonesia, A Site for Expatriates
    http://www.expat.or.id/

Living in Indonesia Expat Forum
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/
    [email protected]

Comment

sorry if not clear, what i mean is, i read lot of article here about affidavit is needed for mix marriage,do i need to apply for that affidavit? also i read that to apply affidavit you need the child foreign passport, and my wife is from hongkong and HK does not "accept" dual citizenship so it mean that my son can't have his HK passport, any advice?

or if the other country does not "accept" dual citizenship it mean that my son automaticly Indonesian?

Comment

As what i have learnt,

Even if HK or any other country doesn't accept dual citizen ship, still they issue a passport of their own country to a child who born to their own citizen father or mother upto the age of 18, and after 18 your child has to select any one of those nationality, so it will be better for you to apply for both passports:

1. Apply for an indonesian passport first by following normal procedure it will take not more than a week to get,
        2. Then, without show indonesian passport to HK embassy, apply for an HK passport but for that you have to go through some process such as:

A. Register your child birth in HK Embassy,
        B. Get a brith Certificate(for your child) as HK citizen,
        C. Then you can apply for a passport,

Ofcourse immigration division understand very well, if the child have a dual citizenship and once you already hold his HK passport go to your local immigration and apply for affidavit same time they stamped dual national citizen on your child's foreign(HK) passport,

Above info are best of my knowledge, if something is not actual in your case, please just pardon,

And, if my english is worst, i applogize too,

Hope it may help,
        Best Regards,
        Sohail.

Comment

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ship-Affidavit (dual citizenship passports)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...Nationality%29 (details of passport of dual citizenship child)

Comment

Hi Capedah,

From my experience;

1. You will require to apply ABG (Anak Berkeluarga Ganda) at the immigration, only after that the affidavit is provided.
            2. Since your kid is born 2 months back and not applied HK passport, and also because HK does not acknowledge dual citizenship, It may be difficult to get HK passport.

a. If you wanted your kid to hold HK passport, on the birth, you should have taken all the documents and gone to HK embassy and registered birth of a HK national & applied for the passport.
            b. Once you get the passport, you need to apply for stay permit of the kid on the HK passport or follow the affidavit process to get the stay permit.

You can ask the HK embassy, how to get the HK passport for your kid. I hope you are in Jakarta, with easy access to all the embassy, etc.

3. Applying for Indonesian passport is simple, go thru the normal process.

If you need help in Jakarta, maybe I can help. Good Luck !!

Comment

Originally posted by capedah1982 View Post
              ... my wife is WNA from Hongkong, and we just have a boy 2 months ago ...

I forgot to say that you/your wife must report the birth of boy to Kantor Imigrasi . You are already late because you should do that within 60 days of the birth .

UU no.6 , year 2011

Article 71
              Each Foreigner residing in the Territory of Indonesia shall:
              a. provide all necessary information regarding the identity and / or their families, and report any changes in civil status, nationality, occupation, sponsor, or a change of address to the local Immigration Office; or
              b...

Article 116
              Each Foreigner who do not perform his/her obligations as stipulated in Article 71 shall be punished with a maximum confinement of 3 (three) months or a fine of up to 25,000,000, 00 (twenty five million rupiah).

Note : A regulation issued last year defined that you need to do that in 60 days (I cannot copy it here because it is an image pdf .

Comment

Originally posted by KenGmail View Post
                ... Once you get the passport, you need to apply for stay permit of the kid on the HK passport ...

I think that if the dual citizenship process at the Immigration is already started , the Stay Permit for the kid is not necessary .

Comment

Hi Capedah,

From my experience;

1. You will require to apply ABG (Anak Berkeluarga Ganda) at the immigration, only after that the affidavit is provided.
                  Hi Ken, yes i am at process to register for ABG at kanim soekarno hatta, and after that i will receive bukti sertifikat pendaftaran anak berkewarganegaraan ganda, and using tha sertiikat to apply passpor RI for my son,

HK doesnt allow dual nationallity, hence my son will only have one passport which is passpor RI, and no need to apply for FASILITAS KEIMIGRASIAN, because he doesnt have paspor asing,

i can see that you also have the same problem like me, are your child's sertifikat ABG already done? and have you used that sertifikat to apply passpor RI for your child?

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ship-Affidavit (dual citizenship passports)

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...Nationality%29 (details of passport of dual citizenship child)
                    Thanks Marcus, i already read all the same thread here about affidavit but not one have same experience like me which is the child's "other" nationality did not accept dual nationality, so the child only have indonesian citizen status and also passport,

the "dual citizenship" status is "mau gak mau" automatically given to the child because of that new 2006 regulation even tough the other country did not "acknowledge" of dual nationality

Comment

i can see that you also have the same problem like me, are your child's sertifikat ABG already done? and have you used that sertifikat to apply passpor RI for your child?
                      My first child was born in 2005 and could not get Indonesian passport at birth but got in 2008 as per the new rule in 2006/2008. I applied her Indonesian passport from Singapore Indonesian Embassy, my second child was born in Singapore in 2008 so can apply Indonesian passport from Indonesian Embassy directly.

ABG certificate was not required and I did not apply till recently. In Mar'2017 when I wanted to change their Normal Passport to E-Passport, they asked for ABG document and then I registered and got the ABG certificate in May'2017. It Just takes 1-2 weeks for processing this certificate. Good Luck to you !!

Comment

ABG certificate was not required and I did not apply till recently. In Mar'2017 when I wanted to change their Normal Passport to E-Passport, they asked for ABG document and then I registered and got the ABG certificate in May'2017. It Just takes 1-2 weeks for processing this certificate. Good Luck to you !!
                        Yes, Thank You, i just confused before with the fasilitas keimigrasian AKA Affidavit stamp on child's paspor asing and Sertifikat daftar ABG, it seems that the sertifikat pendaftaran ABG is WAJIB or is a mandatory, but the FASILITAS KEIMIGRASIAN/Affidavit stamp is just an extra/Not Mandatory IF your child have foreign passport and want to use that foreign passport for entering indonesia, so it mean that stamp work like "21 years validity of KITAP" or as long as your passport valid

Comment

It seems that the sertifikat pendaftaran ABG is WAJIB or is a mandatory, but the FASILITAS KEIMIGRASIAN/Affidavit stamp is just an extra/Not Mandatory
                          Your above both statements are true.

IF your child have foreign passport and want to use that foreign passport for entering indonesia, so it mean that stamp work like "21 years validity of KITAP" or as long as your passport valid
                          Yes Affidavit will be required for entering Indonesia on foreign passport and staying in Indonesia. But the Validity of Affidavit, you need to get it confirmed, since passports have different validity and I am not sure about Affidavit's validity.

Comment

But the Validity of Affidavit, you need to get it confirmed, since passports have different validity and I am not sure about Affidavit's validity.

Validity of Affidavit (stamp/card) is "mengikuti" the validity of your child's passport validity, i already asked with the KANIM, so if your child's passport have 10 years then the affidavit also 10, if you change/renew the passport then the affidavit also need to "perpanjang mengikuti" validity of the new passport

Comment

..., i already asked with the KANIM, so if your child's passport have 10 years then the affidavit also 10 ...

Sorry to say that I am still not convinced about that . Be informed that , in this Forum , we already saw many wrong information from officers at Kantor Imigrasi , and in addition , did you talk to Kanim yourself in Indonesian and do you understand Indonesian very well ?

Comment

Working...
                              X