Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying KITAS on VOA

Can I apply for a KITAS on VOA?

A KITAS can be requested after a foreigner enters Indonesia with : either a (single entry) Visit Visa (a single entry Social Cultural Visa , for example) , or a VITAS/Limited Stay Visa .

So if you enter Indonesia with a VOA , you need to :

- request a Telex Visa online (issued by Jakarta's General Directorate of Immigration) in order to get a VITAS in Singapore , or Malaysia , ... ; or

- go to Singapore , Malaysia , ... in order to get a single entry Visit Visa .

Note : Citizens of Afghanistan, Cameroon, Guinea, Iraq, Israel, North Korea, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, or Somalia ; need to get a Calling Visa (similar to Telex Visa) before going to request a single entry Visit Visa at an Indonesian Embassy .

Comment

would my sponsor need to show bank solvency report for my social cultural visa?

Comment

It has not been common to present financial statement for a Social Cultural Visa/Sosbud Visa in Singapore or Malaysia . But this can change with the issuance of PerMen no.24 , year 2016 , which specifically states that a financial proof of USD1'500 is required (does not mention that this proof has to be from the sponsor or from the foreigner) .

I forgot to say in post no.2 that for getting a KITAS from a single entry Sosbud Visa , the sponsor must be the same for both the Sosbud and KITAS .

Comment

Thanks Marcus. I want to ask another thing (this might sound dumb)

I'm a bangladeshi ordinary passport holder. Is it possible for me to come over Jakarta on visa free facility and then off to Singapore for applying a SOSBUD?

Comment

Originally posted by Rajtikka View Post
            ... I'm a bangladeshi ordinary passport holder. Is it possible for me to come over Jakarta on visa free facility and then off to Singapore for applying a SOSBUD

If you are eligible for a Free Visa , you will get it (see below more about it) . As far as I know , there is no restriction to Bangladesh citizens in getting an Indonesian Visa in Singapore .

According to a 2016's rule , Bangladesh citizens were eligible for a Free Visa , but some months ago I heard that Indonesian government was saying that they allowed too many countries in that rule and the idea was to cut out some countries from the list . So better be sure that you are eligible for it before coming to Indonesia , because according to a rule from 2015 you are not eligible for the paid VOA .

Comment

Yes. I read about the free visa facility on Indonesian embassy website of my country.

Can you tell me how can I go to Singapore from Jakarta? What type of visa would I need for that?

Comment

Sorry , I don't know . You can ask the Singaporean Embassy in Bangladesh or check it in the internet .

Comment

Oh thank you.

Comment

I took a quick look and it seems that both Singapore and Malaysia require a Visa for Bangladesh citizens (one or 2 more reasons for expecting Indonesia to cut the Free Visa for you) . As I suppose it would be safer for you to get a Visa in Bangladesh (may be with help from agents in Bangladesh) instead of from some foreign agents proposing it online , I don't see why you would opt for getting an Indonesian Visa in Singapore or Malaysia . I would get an Indonesian Visa in Bangladesh instead .

------------------------------------

from http://www.kemlu.go.id/en/kedutaan/p...lan.aspx?id=22 Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia to Bangladesh, and accredited to Nepal

Address : Road No. 53, Plot No. 14, Gulshan - 2, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
                    Phone : (880-2) 988-1640, 988-1641, 881-2260
                    Fax : (880-2) 881-0993, 882-5391
                    Email : [email protected], [email protected]

Indonesian Honorary Consulate in Chittagong

Address : A.K. Khan & Company Limited.
                    Batali Hills, Chittagong (GPO Box 223), Bangladesh
                    Phone : (88-31) 613-953, 611-050, 611-052
                    Fax : (88-31) 610-596
                    Email : ---

Comment

i thought that would be easier for me because of the hassle of 'clearance letter from the Indonesian immigration'
                      i still don't know how to get a clearance letter!

Comment

The way I see it , going to Singapore or Malaysia after coming to Indonesia would require you to get an additional Visa + additional trip . I guess it would be cheaper if you hire a Bangladesh travel agent to get you the Indonesian Sosbud Visa in Bangladesh .

Comment

Unfortunately there's no agent in Bangladesh who can help me getting a SOSBUD . I've already have contacted to ALP consulting from Jakarta , they would help me . And thanks for your information . 
                          I want to add one thing , my fiance already has talked to her city's KUA officer . They told her , I need to go to my country's embassy in Jakarta  and get a legal document for marriage . But I think I can get a NO-IMPEDIMENT TO MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE from my local marriage bureau !

Comment

Originally posted by Rajtikka View Post
                            (1) ... They told her , I need to go to my country's embassy in Jakarta ...

(2) But I think I can get a NO-IMPEDIMENT TO MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE from my local marriage bureau !

(1) This is what they usually say .

(2) When you get it better translate it to English and send a copy to your future wife to show it to the KUA before you come to Indonesia . KUA may ask you to "legalize" it at the Indonesian Embassy in Bangladesh , or something similar .

In my case I made a statement that I was single at a notary in my country (with 2 witnesses) , translated to English with a sworn translator . In Indonesia I translated it to Indonesian , but perhaps KUA may accept the English version .

Comment

Do I need to translate all my documents to Indonesian? Like my birth certificate?

Comment

Working...
                              X