Indonesian Passport for Citizen Redtape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesian Passport for Citizen Redtape

My Indonesian girlfriend (40 years old), soon to be fiance, is trying to apply for a passport. After submitting all the required forms and going for her interview, she was asked to provide more information: a letter from her parents saying it's OK for her to travel, a sponsor to pay for her food and lodging, an airline ticket, where she'll travel, how long she'll stay, her employer's permission to travel. This request for additional information was handwritten on a yellow sticky note by the passport office employee. I think if she supplies the information they'll ask for more documents in a never ending cycle. Is this normal? Are there lawyers or travel agents who can take care of the application and speed it through the process?

I guess what is happening with her is not common , as I didn't see similar case in this Forum .

For sure there are many agents who may help her . Check the internet for "Jasa Pembuatan Paspor di (city)" , or similar , then use https://translate.google.com , if necessary .

Comment

Originally posted by eshboston View Post
      My Indonesian girlfriend (40 years old), soon to be fiance, is trying to apply for a passport. After submitting all the required forms and going for her interview, she was asked to provide more information: a letter from her parents saying it's OK for her to travel, a sponsor to pay for her food and lodging, an airline ticket, where she'll travel, how long she'll stay, her employer's permission to travel. This request for additional information was handwritten on a yellow sticky note by the passport office employee. I think if she supplies the information they'll ask for more documents in a never ending cycle. Is this normal? Are there lawyers or travel agents who can take care of the application and speed it through the process?
      hi, where are you located? Applying for a passport is quite straight forward now, you can do this online. http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/...k/paspor-biasa - what you're referring above (sponsor etc.) sounds like applying for a visa. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by golden View Post

hi, where are you located?.
        She completed the application online and went to the passport agency in Bandung to finish the process. The complications arose when she approached the counter. They line of questioning seemed to be - if she didn't have a valid reason to travel and the funds to do so, she shouldn't get a passport. I don't understand the rationale. Obtaining a passport is usually a right of citizenship, not a favor provided by the government.

Comment

Originally posted by eshboston View Post
          ... if she didn't have a valid reason to travel and the funds to do so, she shouldn't get a passport. I don't understand the rationale ...

It seems to be a new rule (see below) .

----------------------------------------------------

from http://www.tribunnews.com/nasional/2...lasan-imigrasi , 17 Maret 2017 , translation by Google Translate

[The Directorate General of Immigration at the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights sets out a policy concerning the application for the creation of a new passport.

One of the policy points is that the applicant must have a savings on behalf of the applicant with a minimum amount of Rp 25 million.

This policy was established following the circular number IMI-02177.GR.02.06 year 2017 on the prevention of non-procedural Indonesian Workers. This policy has been in effect since March 1, 2017.

Head of South Jakarta Immigration Office Cucu Koswala said the policy was made as a preventive measure to prevent the crime of human trafficking .

"It usually happens (human trafficking) if from the applicant's passport with the intention of eg visitation, pilgrimage, or else, but later they will not return to Indonesia and then they become non-procedural Indonesian Workers (TKI) Met Kompas.com in his office on Friday (17/3/17).

As for applicants who want to become migrant workers abroad, must include information from several related parties.

The information is included from the Ministry of Manpower and the National Agency for the Placement and Protection of Indonesian Migrant Workers (BNP2TKI).

In addition, for applicants who will travel abroad with other purposes, will apply the following requirements:

1. For the purpose of performing special pilgrimage / umroh, ask for recommendation from the Ministry of Religious Affairs districts / cities and certificates from the Special Umrah Pilgrimage Pilgrimage Organizer (PPIH / PPIU).

2. For the purposes of apprenticeship and special job market programs, request a letter of recommendation from the Director General of Training and Productivity Development of the Ministry of Manpower.

3. For a family visit, ask for a guarantee letter and a photocopy of the passport of the family to be visited.

4. For tourist purposes, enclose a passbook on behalf of the applicant with a nominal value of at least Rp 25 million.

As for there are several country destinations that will be more tightened because it is generally a target for workers. The countries are Malaysia, Middle East, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and South Korea ]

Comment

Marcus, Thanks for your reply and explanation. We finally succeeded. I emailed a printout of a round trip airline e-ticket to the US, a hotel reservation, a form I-134 sponsorship form and paid about $200 to Bayu Buana Travel Service to do the processing. The application was finally accepted and the passport should be ready in a month. This new law is causing a lot of headaches.

Comment

Working...
            X