Indonesian Passport for Citizen Redtape

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indonesian Passport for Citizen Redtape

My Indonesian girlfriend (40 years old), soon to be fiance, is trying to apply for a passport. After submitting all the required forms and going for her interview, she was asked to provide more information: a letter from her parents saying it's OK for her to travel, a sponsor to pay for her food and lodging, an airline ticket, where she'll travel, how long she'll stay, her employer's permission to travel. This request for additional information was handwritten on a yellow sticky note by the passport office employee. I think if she supplies the information they'll ask for more documents in a never ending cycle. Is this normal? Are there lawyers or travel agents who can take care of the application and speed it through the process?

I guess what is happening with her is not common , as I didn't see similar case in the internet .

For sure there are many agents who may help her . Check the internet for "Jasa Pembuatan Paspor di (city)" , or similar , then use https://translate.google.com , if necessary .

Comment

Originally posted by eshboston View Post
      My Indonesian girlfriend (40 years old), soon to be fiance, is trying to apply for a passport. After submitting all the required forms and going for her interview, she was asked to provide more information: a letter from her parents saying it's OK for her to travel, a sponsor to pay for her food and lodging, an airline ticket, where she'll travel, how long she'll stay, her employer's permission to travel. This request for additional information was handwritten on a yellow sticky note by the passport office employee. I think if she supplies the information they'll ask for more documents in a never ending cycle. Is this normal? Are there lawyers or travel agents who can take care of the application and speed it through the process?
      hi, where are you located? Applying for a passport is quite straight forward now, you can do this online. http://www.imigrasi.go.id/index.php/...k/paspor-biasa - what you're referring above (sponsor etc.) sounds like applying for a visa. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X