UU No. 1 Tahun 1965 dicabut: Islam Terancam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UU No. 1 Tahun 1965 dicabut: Islam Terancam

"UU No. 1 Tahun 1965 dicabut: Islam Terancam" reads the placard carried by demonstrators against religious pluralism.

Does Indonesia want to imitate Malaysia? Why is religious pluralism considered anathema and threatening?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hombre de Maiz; 03-02-10, 11:18.

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
    "UU No. 1 Tahun 1965 dicabut: Islam Terancam" reads the placard carried by demonstrators against religious pluralism.

Does Indonesia want to imitate Malaysia? Why is religious pluralism considered anathema and threatening?
    I don't see that Islam will have greater threat than other religions - all religions must brace strongly to their theological understandings, since there will be more questions can be posted by people who used to be silenced by "faith cannot be questioned or doubted". The bottom line is by getting rid of this suffocating regulation, IMHO, Indonesia can increase the ability to think freely and be creative without being confined with "dogmas".

Comment

Have the other four permitted religions demonstrated or voiced their opinions against the judicial review? Id seriously like to know...

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
        Have the other four permitted religions demonstrated or voiced their opinions against the judicial review? Id seriously like to know...
        I think it's now 5, along with Confusianism. I haven't heard their voices yet, but it seems the rejection, even if any, is not that strong.

Comment

This headline worries me badly. Im Muslims, and I'd agree to abolish such UU, including the TAP MPRS No.XXV/1965 in Gus Dur era about communism. The world today is different from that in the past, therefore UU or whatsoever rules shall be evaluated once it is outdated.
          Gentlements, please don't forget, don't blanket all muslims under the same label. Not all muslims are like Hizbut Tahrir or FPI whatsoever. ^_^V This site will give you alternative insight about Islam in Indonesia www.islamlib.com

:-)
          You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has freedom. Malcolm X (1925 - 1965)
          I love you full (alm. Mbah Surip)

Comment

Hmmm... spotted something in the pics... is the organizer Hizbut Tahrir?

Comment

Yep...see the news here http://www.mediaindonesia.com/read/2...Penodaan-Agama

Comment

There is a lengthy thread about this topic at: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...n-in-RI/page16
                Last edited by all4ywh; 03-02-10, 15:19.
                [COLOR=#0000ff]"The earth is one country and mankind its citizens."
                What if we begin to view each other as part of one human family?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Ria Ulfah Ardhiyani View Post
                  This headline worries me badly. Im Muslims, and I'd agree to abolish such UU, including the TAP MPRS No.XXV/1965 in Gus Dur era about communism. The world today is different from that in the past, therefore UU or whatsoever rules shall be evaluated once it is outdated.
                  Gentlements, please don't forget, don't blanket all muslims under the same label. Not all muslims are like Hizbut Tahrir or FPI whatsoever. ^_^V This site will give you alternative insight about Islam in Indonesia www.islamlib.com

You can't separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has freedom. Malcolm X (1925 - 1965)
                  I agree...

Comment

Thumbs up for your comment, Ria Ulfah Ardhiyani. I definitively look for more of your inputs in this forum...
                    Last edited by atlantis; 03-02-10, 16:03.

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                      Ria Ulfah Ardhiyani. I definitively look for more of your inputs in this forum...
                      Just call me Ria, Atlantis. Soooo glad to share here.
                      btw, why my cat pic never showed off on my post box. it would seem cooler (*grin)

Comment

Just call me Ria,
                        I am relieved. I was fearing to have to type the whole name each time...
                        Try to resize the pic may be. It may be too big to be allowed by the server as an avatar

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                          I was fearing to have to type the whole name each time...
                          Lol...When I registered I thought that this could be a scary forum that I have to write my full name :P. Just found out all of you guys using nicknames....dooohh...

Comment

Im glad to hear it, Ria. I, too, look forward to your contributions, given that when it comes to these rather thorny questions other Muslim forum members make themselves scarce, refuse to engage in debate, or hide behind rote repetion of scripture. Getting back to my original question. In your opinion, why is it that for many, including the Minister of Religion, religious pluralism is threatening and anathema? Finally, on the Freedom of Religion poll, you voted that religion is Completely respected here. Kindly comment.
                            Last edited by Hombre de Maiz; 03-02-10, 17:54.

Comment

On what channel did this thread end up?

Comment

Working...
                              X