Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Tanggal Merah/ Public Holiday in Indonesia 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanggal Merah/ Public Holiday in Indonesia 2010

Dear All, Happy New Year 2010!
    I just typed and sent to a friend of mine who is in need for the list of Indonesian holidays in 2010 calendar..i put it here, perhaps someone needs it too... hope this will be useful.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]([SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]Hari Besar/ Hari Libur Nasional Indonesia 2010 )[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]List of Indonesia Public Holiday 2010 [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]January [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Friday 1 : Tahun Baru Masehi [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]International New Year’s Day[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]February[/COLOR] [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Sunday 14 : Tahun Baru Imlek [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=black]Lunar / [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=black]Chinese New Year[/COLOR] [/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Friday 26 : Maulid Nabi Muhammad SAW [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma](Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad )[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]March[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Tuesday 16: Hari Raya Nyepi (Tahun Baru Saka) [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]Hindu New Year [/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]April [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Friday 2: Wafat Isa Al-Masih (Jumat Agung) [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]Good Friday [/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]May[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Thursday 13: Kenaikan Isa Al-Masih [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]Ascension Day[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Friday 28 : Hari Raya Waisak [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]Buddha’s Birthday[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]July[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Saturday 10: Isra Miraj of Mohammed SAW [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]Ascension of the Prophet[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]August[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Monday 17: Hari Proklamasi Kemerdekaan R.I. [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]Indonesian Independence Day Monday[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]September [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Friday 10 : Hari Raya Idul Fitri / Lebaran [SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]Eid al-Fitr –celebrated [/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Saturday 11 after 1 month of [/SIZE][/FONT]fasting in Ramadhan month [/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]November[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Wednesday 17: Hari Raya Idul Adha / Hari Raya Haji [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]Eid al-Adha Feast of the Sacrifice [/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkgreen]December[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Tuesday 7: Tahun Baru 1431 Hijriyah [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]Islamic New Year according to Islamic calendar[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT=MS Mincho][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=2]Saturday 25: Hari Raya Natal [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]Christmas Day[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/FONT]
    Last edited by drahman2in1; 04-01-10, 23:41.
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=blue]fear is where the negative power has a room to grow..so leave it.. [/COLOR][/FONT]

So much religion, so little industry.

Comment

Glancing through the list I am pleased to see that every major Religion is included in the holidays, and think that this is something Indonesia ought to be congratulated on, for a change.
      I count 13 work days in total, which including the two weeks annual leave most employers provide is not overly excessive to me.
      Australia is reputed to have more Holidays, Annual leave and otherwise than any other Western Country, a point that is open to debate but it is a fact that it does have an abundance of Public Holidays, hell we even use the Queens Birthday as an excuse for a bludge, and I don't think even the Poms have that, and it's productivity isn't overly impacted.
      I believe that the general attitude towards work, in combination with other cultural factors impact far more negatively upon Indonesia's Productivity than the total number of Religious Tangal Merah.
      Last edited by ohmdafyd; 05-01-10, 10:16.
      IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

I agree, om
        Beside, Indonesians only entitle for 12 days of annual leave. I believe (Please correct me if I'm wrong) other countries have around 2 weeks up to 30 days of annual leave?
        I might not always kind, but at least I have the decency to be vague

Comment

Originally posted by omdafyd View Post
          Glancing through the list I am pleased to see that every major Religion is included in the holidays, and think that this is something Indonesia ought to be congratulated on, for a change.
          I count 13 work days in total, which including the two weeks annual leave most employers provide is not overly excessive to me.
          Australia is reputed to have more Holidays, Annual leave and otherwise than any other Western Country, a point that is open to debate but it is a fact that it does have an abundance of Public Holidays, hell we even use the Queens Birthday as an excuse for a bludge, and I don't think even the Poms have that, and it's productivity isn't overly impacted.
          I believe that the general attitude towards work, in combination with other cultural factors impact far more negatively upon Indonesia's Productivity than the total number of Religious Tangal Merah.

Depending on company. We gave 7 days annual leave for new comer.

Not forgetting... Is Indonesia the only country that provide day off for ladies on their mens (Merah) days? I was shock when my lady staffs sms me that they are not coming because of it???

Comment

Originally posted by rainman View Post
            Depending on company. We gave 7 days annual leave for new comer.

Not forgetting... Is Indonesia the only country that provide day off for ladies on their mens (Merah) days? I was shock when my lady staffs sms me that they are not coming because of it???
            um...yes 2 day off every month for M leave..but when i worked in an office that provides that leave, i never took it..
            im ok in my period time, yet if i had to take it...i could imagine, i would be so shy to say it, even through sms... hehe...
            some friends of mine took it because they really had the severe pain for the first day every time they got the monthly period...

and each company has the policy, yes...thats right...

no problem with me that all religions celebrate their important days...
            i love that...

(some years ago, caught in Bali with no electricity at Nyepi...was fine too...enjoyed the silence and sat down at beach quietly...)
            he he, i think those marked day r totally fine..
            since the rest 340days more gonna be my busy days ahead...
            Last edited by drahman2in1; 05-01-10, 14:33.
            [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=blue]fear is where the negative power has a room to grow..so leave it.. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by rainman View Post
              This is something new to me..No wonder sometimes i got the cold stares from my female subordinates, at certain period (pun not intended) of the month

Comment

Imlek is on 14 Feb which is on a Sunday. Is the following Monday (15th) a holiday too?

Comment

No, Monday Feb 15th wont be a holiday...i think

Comment

Working...
                  X